Stenin Island is an island in the Gulf of Peter the Great of the Sea of Japan , the second largest island of the Rimsky-Korsakov archipelago. Located 53 km southwest of Vladivostok and 19 km southeast of Slavyanka . Administratively refers to the Khasansky district of the Primorsky Territory . It is part of the Far Eastern Marine Reserve (FGMZ).
|Highest point||144.3 m|
|The subject of the Russian Federation||Primorsky Krai|
There is no permanent population on the island; in the summer and autumn, the island is occasionally visited by tourists and vacationers (without going ashore).
The island was first discovered in 1851 by French whalers, and in 1852 described by sailors of the French brig "Caprice". Drawn by them on the nautical chart in 1854 . According to the English survey of 1854, the island was named Redcliff , which means Red Cliff , - this name remained on Russian maps until 1880 . The Russians were first examined and described in 1854 by the crews of the frigate "Pallas" and the schooner " East ". It was investigated in detail and plotted on the sea chart in 1862 - 1863 by the expedition of Lieutenant Colonel of the Naval Naval Corps V. M. Babkin from the board of the Kalevala corvette . Second described by the expedition of the naval naval corps of A. S. Stenin in 1880 , at the same time he was named the expedition member by the name of his superior.  .
The length of the island of Stenin from southeast to northwest is about 2.4 km, the largest width is 0.9 km. The maximum height above sea level is 144.3 m. The surface of the island is hilly and overgrown with deciduous forest and shrubs . The coast of the island is almost everywhere rocky, steep, reddish in color. The exception is the low, sometimes overgrown with shrub, northwestern part of the island.
The coast of Stenin Island is bordered by stones and reefs . At 1.5 kbt east of the eastern tip of the island there is a reef with three surface stones. A shoal with a shallow depth of 2.3 m extends 3.1 kbt to the west from the north-west coast. A reef with a smallest depth of 0.8 m extends 3.5 kbt to the northwest of the island’s northwest tip  .