Waiting room - a place at the station , equipped for a long stay of passengers. One of the most important premises in the structure of the building.  It is an integral part of the bus station, airport, train station, port. 
It can be designed as a separate room or as part of a common passenger lounge. In the latter case, the waiting room is combined with the lobby and the cash register.  At the same time, it is customary to divide the premises into functional zones using advertising stands, trade pavilions, furniture and other methods  .
On the territory of large stations, waiting rooms can be created for certain categories of passengers (transit, passengers with children, etc.). They often communicate directly or indirectly with the lobby, buffets, aisles, etc.  When designing the interior space of stations, the task of separating passenger flows is one of the most important  .
Waiting rooms are usually equipped with a significant number of chairs (benches), other pieces of furniture (tables, sofas, etc.)  . Modern waiting rooms are often equipped with electronic displays and other means of operational information  , Wi-Fi access points  . Passengers use these facilities for free  . Moreover, the use of lounges of increased comfort can be free only for certain categories of passengers   .
- Train Station
- The airport
- Ionov B.V. Architecture ... - S. 36—37
- Morozov S. Yu. Transport law ... - P. 228
- allowance for SNiP II-85-80 ... - P. 19
- Benefit to SNiP II-85-80 ... - P. 25
- allowance for SNiP II-85-80 ... - 29-30
- Ionov B.V. Architecture ... - S. 37
- Industry standards ... - p. 15.13 (Communication and signaling devices)
- Station Wi-fi in Moscow turned out to be like a turtle . BFM.ru (December 7, 2009). Date of treatment January 11, 2013. Archived January 11, 2013.
- Russian Railways are launching a floating tariff program . RBC daily (06/08/2012). Date of treatment January 12, 2013. Archived January 12, 2013.
- Waiting with comfort . Buzzer (March 2, 2007). Date of treatment January 12, 2013. Archived January 12, 2013.
- Ionov B.V. Architecture of river stations and pavilions. - Gos. publishing house of literature on construction and architecture, 1951. - S. 36-37.
- Morozov S. Yu. Transport law: textbook for universities . - M .: Walters Clover, 2007 .-- 320 p. - ISBN 978-5-466-00306-2 .
- Manual for SNiP II-85-80 "Manual for the design of stations" (Unavailable link) . Stroyizdat (1987). Date of treatment January 11, 2013. Archived March 4, 2016.
- Industry standards for technological design (ONTP) of railway stations for long-distance passengers . Ministry of Railways (1998). Date of treatment January 11, 2013. Archived January 11, 2013.