Perm National Research Polytechnic University ( national research , past names: Perm Polytechnic Institute, Perm State Technical University) - technical university of the Russian Federation.
It was founded in 1960 as the Perm Polytechnic Institute (PPI), as a result of the merger of the Perm Mining Institute (organized in 1953) with the Evening Engineering Institute  .
In 1992, PIP among the first polytechnic universities in Russia received the status of a technical university  .
Since 1996, the university has been implementing multilevel training in higher education programs; in 1998, the first graduation of masters in the fields of Metallurgy, Applied Mechanics, and Environmental Protection took place.
In 2009, it was included in the list of 12 Russian universities that received the status of a “national research university”, as the priority areas of development within the framework of the research university program were identified: aircraft engine building and gas turbine technologies, extraction and processing of oil, gas and minerals, nanoindustry and urban studies.
In 2011 it was renamed the Perm National Research Polytechnic University (abbreviated as PNIPU).
In 2014, Expert RA agency included the university in the list of the best higher educational institutions of the Commonwealth of Independent States , where it was assigned a rating class “D”  .
In 2015, the Social Navigator project of the Russia Today media group prepared the first Russian rating for university demand for the Russian Federation in 2015, in which the Perm Polytechnic University took 7th place out of 140 places on the list of the most popular engineering universities in Russia.
- Rector - Tashkinov, Anatoly Alexandrovich , professor, doctor of physical and mathematical sciences;
- President - Petrov, Vasily Yuryevich , Professor, Doctor of Technical Sciences;
- First Vice-Rector - Shevelev, Nikolai Alekseevich , Professor, Doctor of Technical Sciences;
- Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs - Lobov, Nikolai Vladimirovich , Doctor of Technical Sciences;
- Vice-rector for science and innovations - Korotaev, Vladimir Nikolaevich , professor, doctor of technical sciences;
- Vice-rector for general affairs - Bolotov, Alexander Vasilievich.
- Vice-rector for capital construction and development of the property complex - Orlov, Boris Veniaminovich  .
Faculties and departments
- Faculty of Road - Departments "Cars and Technological Machines", "Roads and Bridges", "Environmental Protection"
- Department of Aerospace - “Aircraft Engines”, “Design, Graphics and Descriptive Geometry”, “Innovative Engineering Technologies”, “Mechanics of Composite Materials and Structures”, “Design and Production of Automatic Machines”, “Rocket and Space Technology and Power Systems”, "Technology of polymer materials, gunpowder"
- Mining and Petroleum Faculty - Departments "Life Safety", "Geology of Oil and Gas", "Mining Electromechanics", "Surveying, Surveying and Geoinformation Systems", "Oil and Gas Technologies", "Development of Mineral Deposits"
- Faculty of Humanities - departments "Public Administration and History", "Foreign Languages and Public Relations", "Foreign Languages, Linguistics and Translation", "Management and Marketing", "Sociology and Political Science", "Physical Culture", "Philosophy and Law ”,“ Economics and Industrial Production Management ”,“ Economics and Finance ”
- Faculty of Mechanics and Technology - departments "Materials, Technologies and Machine Design", "Metal Science, Thermal and Laser Processing of Metals", "Metal-Cutting Machines and Tools", "Welding Production and Technology of Construction Materials"
- Faculty of Civil Engineering - Departments "Architecture and Urban Studies", "Construction Production and Geotechnics", "Building Structures and Computational Mechanics", "Building Materials and Special Technologies", "Building Engineering and Materials Science", "Heat Supply, Ventilation and Water Supply, Drainage"
- Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics - Department of Higher Mathematics, Computational Mathematics and Mechanics, Dynamics and Strength of Machines, Mathematical Modeling of Systems and Processes, General Physics, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Theoretical mechanics and biomechanics "
- Faculty of Chemistry and Technology - Department of Automation of Technological Processes, Machines and Devices of Production Processes, Chemical Technologies, Chemistry and Biotechnology
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering - Departments “Automation and Telemechanics”, “Information Technologies and Automated Systems”, “Design and Technologies in Electrical Engineering”, “Microprocessor Automation Means”, “Electrical Engineering and Electromechanics”
- Faculty of Continuing Education
- Scientific Center of Powder Materials Science PNIPU;
- Experimental Design Bureau "TEMP" at PNIPU;
- Regional Center for Informatization / Regional Center for New Information Technologies;
- Engineering Center for Applied Mechanics;
- Technology Transfer Center;
- Innovative educational center;
- Education Quality Management Center;
- Regional innovation center.
- Institute of Labor, Production and Human Safety;
- Institute of Oil and Gas;
- Institute of Aircraft Engine Building and Gas Turbine Technologies;
- Institute for Basic Research;
- Institute of Continuing Education;
- Institute of Potassium;
- Institute of Photonics and Optoelectronic Instrumentation;
- Institute of Continuing Education (INO);
- Institute for Basic Research (IFI);
- The center of high-performance computing systems, which has a supercomputer with a capacity of 3 TFlops , which was part of the TOP50 CIS from 2008 to 2010.  .
- Bereznikovsky branch of PNIPU;
- Lysven branch of PNIPU;
- Tchaikovsky branch of PNIPU;
- Kungur representation.
Currently [ specify ] more than 20 thousand students, more than 700 graduate students and doctoral students study at the university annually; More than 4,500 specialists with higher education graduate annually. For 60 years, the university has trained more than 130 thousand specialists with higher education. Annually, from 10% to 12% of the applicants study under the order of the military-industrial complex and regional order.
The university has 10 faculties , 51 departments , more than 50 centers of further professional education], a faculty for advanced training of teachers, a center for pre-university training and other units of educational infrastructure.
The university implements programs in 36 areas of undergraduate, 8 specialties, provides training in 29 areas of training for masters and 25 areas of training for graduate students. In addition, there are innovative master's programs in the following priority areas of the university:
- Aircraft engine building and gas turbine technologies;
- Extraction and processing of oil, gas and minerals;
- Urban Studies
In the graduate school of the university, 610 graduate students are studying in 66 scientific specialties. In the doctoral program of the university, more than 30 doctoral students are trained. About 200 people are admitted to graduate school annually, including for targeted admission for enterprises of the military-industrial complex. More than 130 people are affiliated with candidates for the degree of candidate of sciences .
Candidates and doctors of sciences are trained in 66 scientific specialties of postgraduate studies and 5 scientific specialties of doctoral studies. The university has 6 councils for awarding doctoral and candidate of science degrees, in which about 10 doctoral and 60 master's theses are defended annually.
More than 30 reputable and well-known scientific schools in Russia and in the world have developed and operate at the university. , including:
- "Nanomaterials and materials science" (Acad. V. N. Antsiferov );
- “Mechanics of Structures” (Academician V.P. Matveenko );
- "Power engineering" (Corresponding Member of RAS M. I. Sokolovsky )
- “Aircraft engines and gas turbine technologies” (Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences A. A. Inozemtsev );
- "Gas-dynamic processes" (Doctor of Technical Sciences V.G. Augustinovich );
- "The mechanics of composite materials and structures" (Dr. Sc . Yu. V. Sokolkin );
- "Biomechanics" (Doctor of Technical Sciences Yu. I. Nyashin );
- “Mathematical modeling of physical and mechanical processes” (Doctor of Physics and Mathematics P.V. Trusov );
- “Functional differential equations” (Dr. A. R. Abdullaev );
- “Automation in technical systems” (Doctor of Technical Sciences N. N. Matushkin );
- “Technology and complex mechanization of underground mining of mineral deposits” (Corresponding Member of RAS A. E. Krasnoshtein );
- “Forecasting the oil and gas potential of territories” (Dr. G.I. Galkin );
- "A comprehensive solution to the problems of environmental protection, the use of waste and secondary raw materials in industry" (MD Ya. I. Vaysman );
- “Technological fluids for drilling, fastening and repairing wells in sediments of water-soluble salts” (prof. G.M. Tolkachev). [one]
- Russian Journal of Biomechanics. International journal included in the List of Higher Attestation Commission and RSCI ;
- Bulletin "Socio-economic sciences";
- Bulletin "Geology. Oil and gas and mining ”;
- Bulletin "Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Control Systems";
- Bulletin "Chemical technology and biotechnology";
- Bulletin "Applied Mathematics and Mechanics";
- Bulletin "Engineering, Material Science";
- Bulletin of "Culture, History, Philosophy, Law";
- Bulletin "Problems of Linguistics and Pedagogy";
- Bulletin "Aerospace Engineering";
- Bulletin "Construction and Architecture";
- Bulletin of the Mechanics;
- Bulletin "Environmental Protection, Transport, Health and Safety";
- Bulletin "Urban Studies";
- Magazine “Master's Journal” (“Magazine of Masters”) - is included in the project “Russian Science Citation Index” (RSCI).
- PSTU complex
- Category: Perm State Technical University teachers
- Category: Teachers PNIPU
- Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the USSR of March 19, 1960 No. 304)
- Decree of the Ministry of Science, Higher School and Technical Policy of the Russian Federation of December 7, 1992, No. 1119)
- Rating of higher educational institutions of Russia and countries of the members of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
- Rectorate on the PNIPU website
- CIS supercomputers