Fedotkovo is a village in the Smolensk region of Russia , in the Temkinsky district . The population is 134 inhabitants ( 2007 ). It is located in the eastern part of the region 16 km south-west of Temkin on the right bank of the Ugra River. It is part of the Medvedev rural settlement.
|Subject of the federation||Smolensk region|
|Municipal District||Tyomkinsky district|
|History and Geography|
|Center height||148 m|
|Climate type||temperate continental|
|Timezone||UTC + 3|
|Population||134 people ( 2007 )|
|Density||62.03 people / km²|
|Telephone code||+7 48136|
Branch of the municipal budgetary educational institution Vlasov Municipal Basic School.
The complex of monuments of archeology:
- A Neolithic site is located 700 m to the north on the right bank of the Ugra River.
- Settlement "Popov Gorodok" 1 km south of the village. In the middle of the 1st millennium BC It was inhabited by tribes of the Dnieper-Dvina culture, at the beginning of our era it was used by the tribes of the Late Dyakovo culture, and subsequently by the Moshin tribes. In the XII - XIV centuries it was used by the ancient Russian population. Some of the finds from the fortress are stored in the Vyazemsky Museum.
- Old Russian village north of the "Popov Gorodok".
- The ancient settlement "Budaev Gorodok" is 3 km from the village on the right bank of the Shchitovka River. At the end of the 1st millennium BC It was inhabited by tribes of the Dnieper-Dvina culture.
- Old Russian village on the outskirts of the village.
- 32 spherical mounds in the village. Part is destroyed.
- Barrow 1.9 m high 500 m southeast of the village.
- 2 mounds up to 2 in height 0.5 km north-east of the village.