Uvarovo is a village in the Smolensk region of Russia , in the Elninsky district . The population is 131 inhabitants (2007).  Located in the southeastern part of the region, 21 km southeast of the city of Yelnya , on the banks of the Ugra (river) Ugra, 1.5 km south of the P96 Novoaleksandrovsky (A101) - Spas-Demensk - Yelnya - Pochinik . 7.5 km north of the village is the Korobets railway station on the Smolensk - Sukhinichi branch. It is part of the Korobetsky rural settlement.
|Subject of the federation||Smolensk region|
|Municipal District||Elninsky district|
|History and Geography|
|Former names||Lazarevo Gorodishche|
|Center height||197 m|
|Climate type||temperate continental|
|Timezone||UTC + 3|
|Population||131 people ( 2007 )|
|Density||275 people / km²|
|Telephone code||+7 48146|
As Lazarevo Gorodishche known since 1147 (it was ravaged by the Polovtsy ). This name is mentioned in sources up to the 19th century . In 1654, the village was liberated from the rule of the Commonwealth , at that time it was owned by the stolnik Pavel Semyonovich Timiryazev. In the 1670s, a church was built in the village. In the middle of the XVIII century, the rights to the village passed to the Smolensk noble family Leslie (descendants of the Scottish noble family). It is known that in 1763, college assessor Ivan Vasilyevich Leslie received permission to build a new church in the village. But since he was sent by Catherine II to the Siberian governor, where he made a huge fortune in 10 years of governorship, he built a new stone church with three chapels (the Savior, the Nativity of the Virgin and St. Nicholas), returning in 1790, in gratitude for the salvation of the crossing through one of the Siberian rivers. After the death of Ivan Vasilyevich, his wife Anna Mikhailovna built 17 more churches, including in Yelnya and Smolensk. Their son Sergei Ivanovich built a stone manor house in the village in the 1810s and set up a park with greenhouses. Subsequently, the village was owned by Denibekov and Pleskachevskaya, who in 1852 sold the estate to another Leslie Alexander Alexandrovich.
In 1918 the estate was nationalized. Currently, the remains of the park and the church (now operating) have been preserved.
High school (closed), first-aid post, shops, cultural center, library.
In the village was born the Hero of the Soviet Union Guard Major Sinenkov D.M. He died on May 14, 1944 . 
- Monument of architecture: Church of St. Nicholas, 1790 . The brick church, built in 1790 at the expense of the landowner I.V. Leslie. A two-tier quadruple quadruple, completed with one glaucus, with a large altar and refectory. In the main church in one row Spassky and Nativity of the Theotokos thrones, in the refectory of Nikolsky chapel. Virtually no closure, the bell tower destroyed in the war.
- Monument of archeology: ancient settlement directly in the village  .
- Monument of military glory (gun). Installed on the site of fierce fighting of the militia of the Dzerzhinsky district of Moscow with the Nazi troops in 1941 .