Friedrichsruh ( it. Friedrichsruh ) - a village in northern Germany , the region of the Duchy of Lauenburg , Schleswig-Holstein . Located 10 kilometers from the eastern outskirts of Hamburg . Administrative and territorial belongs to the community of the town of Aumüle ( German: Aumühle ).
|History and geography|
|Telephone code||+49 4104|
Friedrichsru is located in the depths of the forest, called "Saxon Forest" ( German Sachsenwald ). The eponymous small and inconspicuous station-station on the high-speed railway Hamburg-Berlin.
The settlement was founded in 1763 by Count Friedrich Carl Augustus zu Lippe as a hunting estate. In our time, the village of Friedrichsru is a little more than three dozen houses.
After the war with France in 1871, the settlement was transferred as a gift from Kaiser Wilhelm Otto von Bismarck . Prior to that, the Saxon forest belonged personally to the Kaiser, as part of his possessions in the duchy of Lauenburg . The tavern located at the railway was rebuilt into the residence of the Chancellor, the descendants of Prince von Bismarck still live in this residence
The attraction of Friedrichsru is the family estate, the tomb-mausoleum, the museum and the archive of the "Iron Chancellor " of Germany, Prince Otto von Bismarck ( 1815 - 1898 ). Here, in silence and solitude, he spent the last years of his life after retiring in 1890. His direct estate is still in charge of his estate museum. Here in the small building of the station is the headquarters of the Federal Fund. Otto Bismarck.
The settlement of Friedrichsrux should not be confused with the settlement of Friedrichsruhe in the federal state of Mecklenburg - Vorpommern .
Bismarck Tower . Modern look
Otto Bismarck's Mausoleum