Vila Flor ( port. Vila Flor ; [ 'vilɐ floɾ ]) is an urban-type village in Portugal , the center of the municipality of the same name in the district of Braganca . According to the old administrative division, it entered the provinces of Traz-u-Montish and Altu-Douro . Included in the economic and statistical subregion of Dourou , which is part of the Northern region . The population is 2.5 thousand inhabitants (village), 7.7 thousand inhabitants (municipality). It covers an area of 265.52 km².
|port. Vila flor|
|Historical area||Traz-u-Montish and Altu Douro|
|Internal division||19 districts|
|The mayor||Arthur Vaz Pimentel|
|History and Geography|
|Timezone||UTC0 , summer UTC + 1|
|Population||7 737 people|
|Density||30 people / km²|
Village holiday - August 24 .
The village is located 65 km southwest of adm. Braganca County Center.
The municipality borders:
- in the northeast - the municipality of Macedo de Cavaleiros
- in the east - the municipality of Alfandega da Fe
- in the southeast - the municipality of Torre de Moncorvo
- in the southwest - the municipality of Carrazeda de Ancianche
- in the northwest - the municipality of Mirandela
The village was founded in 1286 .
|Municipality population by years|
Composition of the municipality
The municipality includes the following areas:
- Carvalho de Egash
- Santa Comba de Vilarisa
- Seixu de Magnozes
- Vale Fresoso
- Vale de tornu
- Vila Flor
- Vilarinho dash Azenhas
- Porto (Borough)
- Municipalities of Braganca County
- Districts of Braganca County