“Escape from sleep” ( born Dreamscape ; another name is “Vision” ) is a film , a fantasy film, a horror film. Grand Prix IFF in Brussels.
|Escape from sleep|
|Producer||Bruce con curtis |
Stanley R. Zupnik
|David Lockery |
|In the main|
|Christopher Plummer |
Max von Sydow
|Film company||20th Century Fox|
Alex Gardner ( Dennis Quaid ) - clairvoyant . At first, he tried to make money on his gift by playing gambling. Having entered into conflict with the game mafia because of this, he was forced to hide and join a secret government project.
It turns out that Alex, among other things, is endowed with the paranormal ability to penetrate into other people's dreams and, thus, is extremely useful for experiments. At first, Alex decided that the project’s goals were purely medical — to help people with sleep disorders. Upon learning that one of the patients had died of a heart attack in a dream, he begins to guess that under this cover it is not planned at all to cure people of the disease. The main goal is the impending assassination attempt on the US president. One of the psychics has to penetrate the dreams of the president as his killer. Alex, using his abilities, decides to thwart the killer.
- Dennis Quaid - Alex Gardner
- Max von Sydow - Peter Novotny
- Christopher Plummer - Bob Blair
- David Patrick Kelly - Tommy Ray Glatman
- Kate Capshaw - Jane Devris
- George Wendt - Charlie Prince
Awards and nominations
- 1985 - Festival of science fiction films in Brussels. First prize "Golden Crow".
- 1985 - Saturn Award Nomination - Best Horror Movie.