Remote work or work at home (also remote work , telework ; freelance is implied in the absence of a permanent employer) - a form of employment in which the employer and employee (or customer and contractor ) are at a considerable distance from each other, transmitting and receiving terms of reference , labor results and payment using modern means of communication (initially - fax , mail, these days - mainly the Internet ).
The concept of remote work was developed by the American Jack Nilles .
In 1972, he expressed the idea that it is not necessary to keep employees in the office, as modern means of communication make it possible to maintain contact between employees at a distance. To test his theory in practice, he performed experiments at the University of Southern California , based on which he drew up a report and received funding from the American National Science Foundation . The authorities showed interest in developing the idea of remote work, seeing in it a solution to transport problems that were acute in cities. The new organization of labor could make it possible to solve these problems, and at the same time provide work to the population of remote rural areas.
In 1979, the work of Jack Nilles attracted the head of the special Committee on Economic Development of the United States, Frank Skiff ( Frank Schiff ). He continues the ideas of the scientist and comes up with the new term flexiplace - “flexible workplace”. The specialist publishes an article in The Washington Post under the high-profile heading “ Working at Home Can Save Gasoline ”  .
Remote work today
With the advent and development of the Internet, opportunities for communication at a distance have grown significantly, and the exchange of information and the results of intellectual work has been greatly simplified. Today, the idea of remote work is actively used by freelancers who are looking for customers through the Internet around the world, carry out projects and accept payment using electronic payment systems online.
Earnings on sites are widespread: selling links, placing advertising articles, banner or media advertising. Here, owners of long-existing information-rich sites with unique content and good attendance have advantages  .
The services of translators (including those with literary text processing), content managers, copywriters, rewriters are also common.
Many designers work remotely, while taking orders not only in the field of web design , but also are engaged in the development of corporate design, product design, outdoor advertising , logos .
Remote work requires more self-organization and self-motivation, because, unlike office work, there is no external disciplining environment. In addition, there are no colleagues to chat with. Usually they pay less for remote work. Remote work is best suited to established professionals; for those who begin their careers as a remote employee, most likely it will not be as successful as those who work in the office  .
There are a large number of homework offers, the purpose of which is not to establish labor relations, but to deceive the employee in order to take possession of his money. Most often, fraud consists in charging a fee for the opportunity to start work or purchase from a fraudster something that, according to his assurances, makes it possible to earn money  .
Legal Regulation of Remote Work
Since 2013, Russia has provided for remote work regulation. The employment contract in this case may not be concluded in paper form, but signed using electronic signature  , or may be concluded in writing and sent by registered mail by mail  . According to the Labor Code of the Russian Federation, remote work is called remote work.
- Online work
- Flexible working hours
- Remote assistant
- SOHO (business)
- Frank W. Schiff. Working at Home Can Save Gasoline . The Washington Post (2 September 1979). Date of appeal October 17, 2017.
- Hamlet Markaryan - Business Journal, No. 8/2014, http://b-mag.ru/2014/menedzhment/vne-polya-zreniya/
- How to make money on the site? Myths and the truth about making money on your website on the Internet
- Drones and agriculture - there will be a new boom
- Scams with employment . www.aferizm.ru . Date of treatment April 17, 2012. Archived June 6, 2012.
- Article: Legal Aspects of Attracting Labor of Remote Employees
- Khusyainov T. M. Conclusion of an employment agreement between an employee employed on the Internet and an employer (social and legal analysis) // Law in the modern world: 20 years of the Constitution of the Russian Federation: materials of an international scientific and practical conference (youth section). Yekaterinburg, December 6, 2013. - Yekaterinburg: Ural Institute - a branch of RANEPA , 2013. - P. 405–408 .