Frunze Street - a street in the Soviet district of the city of Lipetsk . Passes in the center from the Lipovka River and Komsomolsky Pond to Komsomolskaya Street . Crosses the streets of Leo Tolstoy , Soviet , May Day , October , Nedelina . At the same time pass the streets of Skorokhodov and Voroshilov .
|Former names||Usman street|
The street was formed in the process of radical restructuring of Lipetsk in the 1st half of the XIX century with the implementation of the master plan of the city, approved in 1805 . It was one of the most important highways of the city. It led to the city gate, located at the intersection with Progonnaya Street (now Nedelin Street ), from where the road to Usman began . Hence the original name of the street is Usmanskaya . In Soviet times (in 1925) it was renamed in honor of the Soviet state, military and party leader M.V. Frunze .
On Frunze Street, the buildings of the pre-revolutionary district Lipetsk still remain. Several of them have status architectural monument :
- No. 1 - the manor house of the merchant Shelikhov - the former merchant collection (2nd half of the 19th century )
- No. 4 - the manor house of the merchant Zamyatin (2nd half of the 19th century )
- No. 4a - a 19th century manor house
- No. 5 - an administrative building of the 1950s
- No. 7a - the estate complex of the merchant Zamyatin (2nd half of the 19th century )
- No. 7 - a 19th century house
- No. 9 is a 19th century house. In 1955-1964, it housed a regional library. In 2006, the land became attractive for investors: by 2009, the Lipetsk Mortgage Corporation OJSC promises to build a regional mortgage center here. In March 2007  the house was demolished due to its dilapidation. From the construction there was only an arch. However, on July 3, 2008, the arch was demolished. The reason was that due to construction work, the arch began to collapse  .
Here is what the chief architect of Lipetsk , VV Ivanov, said : “So he has recently stood without a roof. It was a residential building, in poor condition. Moreover, the third floor was built in Soviet times. ”
- No. 10 - a residential two-story stone house of the middle of the XIX century
- No. 11 - the house of the priest Zhdanov, built in the XIX century . In 1919 - 1921 there was one of the first art studios in the country after the revolution, in which the monumental artist G. I. Rublev studied
- No. 21 - a 19th century manor house
Until 1913, the only house of tolerance in the city existed at the intersection with Progonnaya Street 
Usmanskaya (later Frunze) streets in the 1950s became the center of the new Lipetsk. The then authorities considered the local development dilapidated. In the 1970s, the demolition of houses began. On the corner with Sovetskaya Street, the House of Unions is being built (architect G. M. Alexandrov ). A little later, two more administrative buildings appeared - the current mayor's office of Lipetsk (on Theater Square ) and the Council of Deputies (house No. 1).
In September 2003, during excavations on Frunze Street, builders stumbled upon an old churchyard  . Where the Frunzensky store is located (house number 14), the church of Dimitry of Solunsky once existed.
In 2006, construction began on an office and hotel complex on two banks of the Komsomolsky Pond . The two buildings will be connected by a glass passage above the water.
In Lipetsk, there is now another Usman street - on Silikatnoye .
st. Frunze, 1
st. Frunze, 5
st. Frunze, 7
st. Frunze, 7a
st. Frunze, 4 and 4a
st. Frunze, 10
st. Frunze, 11
st. Frunze, 21
st. Frunze, 23
Gates of the 19th century, demolished on July 3, 2008 (9 Frunze St.)
Until the mid -2000s, a tram ran from Lipovka to Pervomaiskaya Street . Today there is a trolleybus line from Lipovka to Oktyabrskaya Street (routes No. 7 and 9).
- to the houses of the beginning of the street - a troll. 7, 9; author 2, 12, 22, 302, 306, 309, 315, 322, 325, 328, 352, 356, 359, 380, ost .: "Theater Square"; troll. 7, 9; author 22, 302, 306, 309, 322, 325, 356, 359, 380, ost .: "Ul. Frunze. "
- to the houses of the middle and end of the street - a troll. eight; author 17, 308, 308k, 317, 321, 330, 332, 342, 343, 353, 391, rest: “Nikolsky Shop”.
- to the houses of the end of the street - ed. 25, 28, 302, 391, ost .: "Metallurgical College".
- Lipetsk city scientific organization "Archeologist" began research work on the site of an architectural monument on the street. Frunze, 9
- Lipetsk lost another piece of history (inaccessible link) // Lipetsk News . - July 4, 2008
- About the German spy and brothel Archived on April 9, 2008.
- Twenty skeletons in the city center (inaccessible link) // Lipetsk News . - September 30, 2008