Ankhua  ( Abkh. Ankhәa , bzyb . Dia . Ankh'әa ) or Anuhva  ( Georgian ანუხვა , arm. Անխուա ) is a village in Abkhazia , in the Gudauta district of the partially recognized Republic of Abkhazia , according to the administrative division of Georgia - in Gudauta Municipality of the Abkhaz Autonomous Republic  . It is located east of the Gudauta district center in the foothill zone, from the north it adjoins the city of New Athos . Until 1992, the village was officially called Anukhva .
|abh. Ankhәa |
bzybsk. dial. Ankh'әa
|A country||Republic of Abkhazia / Georgia |
|Region ||Abkhaz Autonomous Republic|
|History and Geography|
|Timezone||UTC + 3|
|Population||393  people ( 2011 )|
|Telephone code||+7 840|
Administratively, the village is the administrative center of the Anukhvinsky rural administration ( Abkh. Ankhқa agyyahadhadara ), formerly the Anukhvinsky village council .
In the village are the ruins of the ancient church of St. George the Victorious  and the structure of the John the Baptist Monastery of the New Athos Monastery .
- 1 Borders
- 2 population
- 3 Historical division
- 4 notes
- 5 Literature
In the north, the Bzyb Range serves as the border of Anhua, in the east the village borders on the Sukhumi region , in the southeast - the village of Psyrdzha , in the south - the city of New Athos , in the west - with the villages of Arsaul and Mtsara .
According to the 1989 census, the population  of the Anukhvinsky Village Council was 834 people. Ethnic composition - Abkhazians and Armenians .
According to the 1959 census, 678 people lived in the village of Anukhva (Anhua), mainly Armenians (in the Anukhva village council as a whole - 1699 people, mainly Armenians and Abkhazians)  . According to the 1989 census, the population of the Anukhva village council was 834 people, including the village of Anukhva - 259 people (including 173 residents in Armenian Anukhva and 86 residents in Anukhva proper)  , mainly Armenians and Abkhazians  . According to the 2011 census, the population of the rural settlement (rural administration) of Anhua was 393 residents, of which 65.6% were Abkhazians (258 people), 23.7% were Armenians (93 people), 9.7% were Russians (38 people), 0.3% - Ukrainians (1 person), 0.3% - Greeks (1 person), 0.1% - other nationalities (2 people)  .
In the second half of the 19th century, Anhua, like other eastern villages of Bzyb Abkhazia , suffered from Muhajirism - the forcible eviction of the Abkhaz population to Turkey - to a greater extent than the villages located to the west. All residents were evicted from Anhua, and the territory was depopulated for a while. In the 1880s, Armenian peasants from Turkey settled here. By the end of the 19th century, parts of the Anukhvin Abkhazians managed to return to their homeland, and they again settled in Anhua. A part of the Gum Abkhazians, who were forbidden by the authorities to settle in the places of exodus in Central Abkhazia, also settled in the village  .
After the establishment of Soviet power, Anhua was divided into 2 village councils on a national basis: Anukhva-Abkhazia and Anukhva-Armenian . By the middle of the 20th century, the village was reunited into one village council.
According to the census of 1886, the Gregorians lived in the village of Anhua - 316 people. According to the class division, there were 316 peasants in Anhua. Princes, nobles , representatives of the Orthodox clergy and “urban” estates did not live in Anhua. Anhua became one of the first Armenian settlements in Abkhazia.
|Census year||Number of inhabitants||Ethnic composition|
|1926 Anukhva-Abkhazia||1009||Abkhazians 37.0%; Armenians 32.3%; Russians 6.8%|
|1926 Anukhva-Armenian||1266||Armenians 89.0%; Greeks 4.9%; Abkhazians 2.0%|
|1959||1699||Armenians , Abkhazians (no exact data)|
|1989||834||Armenians , Abkhazians (no exact data)|
|2011||393||Abkhazians (65.6%), Armenians (23.7%), Russians (9.7%)|
The village of Anhua is historically divided into 10 villages ( abkh. Aҳabla ):
- Adzkhapsh (Anukhva-Armenian)
- Akalamra (Galamut)
- Bzhilya (Veselovka)
- This settlement is located in Abkhazia , which is a disputed territory . According to the administrative division of Georgia , the disputed territory is occupied by the Abkhaz Autonomous Republic . In fact, the disputed territory is occupied by the partially recognized state of the Republic of Abkhazia .
- According to the administrative division of Georgia
- Census of Abkhazia 2011. Gudauta district
- According to the jurisdiction of Abkhazia
- According to the jurisdiction of Georgia
- Church of the Holy Great Martyr George the Victorious (Aerg-nih) in s. Anhua.
- Population censuses of Abkhazia 1886, 1926, 1939, 1959, 1970, 1979, 1989, 2003
- All-Union Population Census 1959. Gudauta District. Villages and Primary Nationalities
- All-Union Population Census 1989. Abkhaz ASSR
- Koryakov Yu. B. Ethnic language maps of Abkhazia in 1989 .
- Bagapsh N.V. Formation of the ethnic mosaic of Abkhazia. Archived on May 2, 2008.
- (Russian) V. Kvarchia. Historical and modern toponymy of Abkhazia (Historical and etymological study). - Sukhum: Press House, 2006. - 328 p.
- (Abkh.) Кәарҷия В. Е. Аҧсны atoponymy. - Аҟәа: 2002 .-- 686 d.