Gennady Dmitrievich Fomenko (born May 9, 1955 , the village of Tobol of the Kazakh SSR ) - Hero of the Russian Federation (2000), Major General ( 2000 ).
|Gennady Dmitrievich Fomenko|
|Date of Birth||May 9, 1955 ( 64)|
|Place of Birth||pos. Tobol of the Kazakh SSR , USSR|
|Type of army||Internal troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia|
|Years of service||1972 - 2007|
|Commanded||21st Sofrinsk Separate Operational Brigade|
|Battles / wars|
Chechen conflict 1994-1996
|Awards and prizes|
Name weapons (firearms / cold weapons):
- 1 Biography
- 2 scandals
- 3 Awards
- 4 notes
- 5 Links
Since 1972 - on active duty in the Internal Troops of the USSR Ministry of Internal Affairs .
1976 - graduated from the Novosibirsk Higher Military Command School of the Internal Troops of the USSR Ministry of Internal Affairs .
1980 - graduated from the Higher Officer Courses "Shot" them. Marshal Shaposhnikov (Solnechnogorsk)
1987 - graduated from the Military Academy named after M.V. Frunze .
Upon completion of the VA, he served in the 42nd Division of the Internal Troops of the USSR Ministry of Internal Affairs (Vilnius). He commanded the battalion of the convoy regiment in Kaunas, then the deputy commander of the regiment, the chief of staff of the regiment.
Since 1994 - commander of a regiment of the Internal Troops in Dagestan. He participated in the first Chechen war of 1994-1996.
From 1995 - 1997 - deputy commander of the operational assignment division of the Internal Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation, Pyatigorsk.
1999 - graduated from the Military Academy of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation .
Since 1999, he was the commander of the 21st Sofrinsk separate operational brigade of the Moscow district of the Internal Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia .
Under his leadership, special operations were successfully carried out in the city of Gudermes , the settlements of Lugovoye , Privolnoye , Chervlennaya , Staroshchedrinskaya , Vinogradnoye , Braguny , Derbanha . During special operations in the Gudermes region, Colonel Fomenko personally led the company and prevented the enemy from breaking through troops.
Since February 2000 - Major General .
From 2001 to 2008 - Chief of Staff - First Deputy Commander of the North-West District of the Internal Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia.
2004 , 2005 - chief of staff - first deputy commander of the OGV (s) in the TFR
Since May 2012 - Chairman of the Interregional Public Organization “Council of Heroes of the Soviet Union, Heroes of the Russian Federation and Full Knights of the Order of Glory of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region”.
In 2016, he applied for the assignment of the name of Akhmat Kadyrov’s Bridge to the vice-governor of St. Petersburg Vladimir Kirillov , signing it on behalf of the Council of Heroes of the Soviet Union, Heroes of the Russian Federation and the full holders of the Order of Glory of St. Petersburg and Leningrad areas ". Fomenko’s voluntary decision caused a split among the participants of the “Russian Heroes Association”  .
- Hero of the Russian Federation ( January 11, 2000 ) “For courage and heroism, skillful leadership in conducting special operations in the North Caucasus region”
- Order of Military Merit
- Order of Honor 
- Medal of the Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" I degree with swords
- Medal of the Order of Merit for the Fatherland, II degree with swords
- Suvorov Medal
- Medal "For Distinction in the Protection of Public Order"
- Zhukov Medal
- Medal "For participation in the counter-terrorist operation" (FSB)
- Medal For Military Valor (MVD)
- Medal for Valor in Service (MVD)
- Medal "For Military Valor" of the I degree of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation
- Medal "For Military Valor", II degree, Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation
- Medal "For Combat Commonwealth" (FSB)
- Medal “For Strengthening the Military Commonwealth” (Ministry of Defense)
- Medal "For the Commonwealth in the Name of Salvation"
- Registered firearms - Makarov pistol (Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation)
- Gold watch (Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation)
- Named officer dagger from the Commander-in-Chief of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation
- Elizabeth Maynaya. “Heroes of Russia should not bend” . Newspaper.ru (June 8, 2016). Date of treatment June 9, 2016.
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of September 10, 2017 No. 416 “On Awarding State Prizes of the Russian Federation”