The icon of the Mother of God is the “Companion of Sinners” (the surety for sinners , that is, the Surety or Mediator between the merciful God and sinning people, the vigilant Intercessor and the Prayer Book for them). The miraculous icon of the Virgin revered in the Orthodox Church in the Nikolo-Odrinsky Monastery . The icon received its name from the inscription that was preserved on it: "Az The Sorceress of Sinners to My Son ..."
|Icon of the Mother of God|
“The Companion of Sinners”
The prototype of the icon in the Nikolo-Odrinsky monastery
|Date of appearance||1843 year|
|Celebration date||March 7 (20)|
May 29 ( June 11 )
The Mother of God is depicted waist-high, with her left hand holding the baby Christ , who squeezes her right hand. The icon is decorated with crowns, which indicates its Little Russian or Belarusian origin.
The ancient image was acquired in 1843 in the Odrino-Nikolaevsky Monastery in the Oryol province . According to legend, he was glorified by a number of miraculous healings, including during the cholera epidemic
For the first time, the image became famous for miracles in 1843 in the Odrino-Nikolaevsky Monastery . She was in a wooden chapel at the holy gates of the monastery. The Mother of God revealed the miraculous power of the icon to several locals at once. By prayer in front of the icon, the two-year-old son Timofei of the Karachevskaya resident Alexandra Pochepina, who suffered from epilepsy (her mother saw the icon in a dream), the paralyzed young son of the Oryol landowner Novikov, was healed, the three-year-old daughter of the Karachev merchant Pavel Sytin was healed. These miraculous healings, which occurred almost simultaneously, spread the glory of the icon throughout the district, it was transferred to the cathedral church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker. [one]
It is believed that the same icon (original) that became famous in 1843 is currently in the Odrino-Nikolaevsky Monastery . When the surviving icons from the devastated monastery in the 20s of the XX century dispersed in the surrounding villages, this icon went to a resident of s. Old Khotynetsky district of the modern Oryol region. In the 70s, her house burned down, she gave the icon to her neighbors, and subsequently handed it over to Raisa, a parishioner of the Karachev’s All Saints Church. In 1994, the latter was tonsured a nun and left with the icon in a monastery near Odessa. However, after about a year she returned and in December 1995 entered the Nikolo-Odrinsky monastery, while the icon remained in Ukraine. Shemona Makarius, the first novice and assistant abbot Mariam volunteered to bring her back, who arrived at her request from Optina Desert. In addition to the fact that, in the narrow sense of the word, Makarii was an invalid with paralyzed legs, and he moved on a board with wheels, his mission was complicated by the fact that by that time the icon was in a private collection, as well as the presence of customs. However, on October 24, 1996, the miraculous icon returned to the walls of its native monastery  .
The celebration of the icon takes place on March 7 and May 29 (according to the Julian calendar ).
Khamovniki Icon List
In 1846, Hieromonk Odrina of the monastery was sent to Moscow to build a vestment on the miraculous icon of the Mother of God, the “Sorceress of Sinners,” where he was sheltered by Colonel D.N.Bonicheskul. In gratitude for his hospitality from the Odrin Monastery, an exact list (copy) of the miraculous icon made on a lime board was sent.
D. Bonicheskul with awe placed the received icon of the Sinister of Sinners with other icons in the home iconostasis . Soon, everyone began to notice that the Sporuchnitsa icon of sinners flashed an unusual shine, and drops of oily moisture began to flow from the image itself. This moisture was anointed with several sick people, and they were healed. From all sides, patients began to come to the icon, prayed before it and received healing.
In 1848, Lieutenant Colonel Bonschekul donated his icon “The Wanderers of Sinners” to the parish Nicholas Church in Khamovniki . The outflow of oily liquid from the icon continued, and the deacon, standing at the icon, wiped away moisture with paper and distributed it to the people. Soon the myrrh-flowing ceased, but in the altar of the church began the appearance of unusual light in the form of appearing and disappearing stars. The icon has become famous for many officially recorded healings.
This list is in Moscow, in the Church of St. Nicholas in Khamovniki (Leo Tolstoy St., 2, Park Kultury metro station (Koltsevaya)).
- The Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker in Khamovniki , the main shrine of the church, is the miraculous image of the “Sorceress of sinners”.
- The Cathedral in honor of the Icon of the Mother of God "The Sister of the Sinners" is a cathedral in Shanghai .
- Talberg N.D. Spacious month of the words of the Saints in the Russian Land shone. What needs what icons should be worshiped. - Reprint. ed. - SPb. : Vera, 1997 .-- S. 307-308.