Oleg Ivanovich Kovalev (born September 7, 1948, v . Vannovskoye, Tbilissky District, Krasnodar Territory , RSFSR , USSR ) is a Russian statesman. Member of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation - representative from the Government of the Ryazan Region since September 19, 2017 .
|Oleg Ivanovich Kovalev|
|The president||Vladimir Putin|
|Birth||September 7, 1948 (71 years old)|
from. Vannovskoye , Tbilisi region , Krasnodar Territory , RSFSR , USSR
|Spouse||Olga Alekseevna Mishina|
|Children||Daria, Natalya, Andrey|
|The consignment||" United Russia "|
|Academic degree||candidate of law|
Governor of the Ryazan Region ( 2008 - 2017 ). Deputy of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation of the third , fourth and fifth convocations, Honored Builder of the Russian Federation (1997).
- 1 Biography
- 1.1 Head of the Kashira district
- 1.2 State Duma deputy
- 1.3 Governor of the Ryazan region
- 1.4 Council of the Federation
- 2 Criticism
- 2.1 Election Events
- 2.2 Thesis and Plagiarism Charges
- 2.3 Redistribution of land of the museum-reserve of Sergei Yesenin
- 3 Family
- 4 Awards and honors
- 5 notes
- 6 References
In 1967 - 1969 he served in the Soviet Army.
In 1971 he graduated from the Saratov Assembly College of the USSR Ministry of Construction and Construction. He was assigned to work in the trust "Spetszhelezobetonstroy" of the USSR Ministry of Construction and Construction . He took part in the construction of the Volga TPP, Kashirskaya TPP, Arkhangelsk PPM, Norilsk MMC.
In 1984, he received a higher education in absentia with a degree in Industrial and Civil Engineering at the Rostov Institute of Civil Engineering .
From January to October 1986 he worked in the Mosoblselstroy trust No. 4 in the city of Stupino . In November 1986, he headed the Kashira-agropromstroi trust of the Kashirsky agro-industrial complex of the Ministry of Agriculture of the RSFSR.
He was elected a deputy of the Kashira district Council of Deputies.
Head of Kashirsky district
In December 1991, the head of the administration of the Moscow region Anatoly Tyazhlov appointed Kovalev as the head of the administration of the Kashirsky district .
In December 1995, at the elections to the State Duma of the second convocation he was nominated by the Our Home Russia movement as a candidate in Kolomna constituency No. 106. He was not elected.
In March 1996, he was elected head of the municipality of Kashirsky district.
In 1998, with the participation of the district head Oleg Kovalyov, a branch of the Russian Orthodox Movement was created in the Kashirsky district. The first deputy Kovaleva was elected the chairman of the department. [one]
State Duma Member
In the elections to the State Duma of the third convocation held on December 19, 1999, he ran for deputy as part of the federal list of the electoral bloc “BEAR” (it was soon renamed the “Interregional Movement“ Unity ””) - was No. 3 in the regional group “Center” (after the A. Klintsevich and V. Ya. Komissarov )  . Following the distribution of mandates, he was elected as a deputy. In the Duma, he was a member of the Unity faction. From January 26, 2000 to January 2002, he was Deputy Chairman of the Committee on Local Government. In April 2001, he became a member of the European Club deputy interfaction group. Since May 16, 2001 he was Deputy Chairman of the Commission on Geopolitics. Since January 25, 2002 - Chairman of the Committee on the Rules and Organization of the State Duma.
In the 2000 presidential election, he was a confidant of Vladimir Putin .
On December 7, 2003, at the elections to the State Duma of the fourth convocation, he was elected as a deputy on the federal list of the electoral association "Unity Party and Fatherland - United Russia." In the Duma, he was a member of the " United Russia " faction.
Since January 16, 2004 - Chairman of the Committee on the Rules and Organization of the State Duma.
In April 2006, he was a member of the editorial board of the Union State political journal .
On December 2, 2007, at the elections to the State Duma of the fifth convocation, he was elected a deputy on the federal list of the United Russia party. In the Duma, he was a member of the "United Russia" faction. Since December 24, 2007 - Chairman of the Committee on the Rules and Organization of the State Duma.
Governor of the Ryazan Region
In early March 2008, President Vladimir Putin did not extend the powers of Ryazan Oblast Governor former General Airborne Forces Georgy Shpak , believing his work was not effective enough. On March 11, the president proposed Oleg Kovalyov’s candidacy to deputies of the Ryazan Regional Duma for approval as governor. Kovalev himself said that his candidacy was agreed with Dmitry Medvedev , who was elected president on May 2, but had not yet taken over.  On March 14, deputies of the Ryazan Regional Duma approved Kovalev as governor of the Ryazan Region, and on April 12, he took office.
On July 10, 2012, on his own initiative, early resigned to participate in direct elections and was appointed and. about. Governor of the Ryazan region   .
On October 14, 2012, Kovalev won the first round in the election of the governor of the Ryazan Region , gaining 64.43% of the vote.  The inauguration took place on October 19 in the building of the Ryazan State Drama Theater . 
Since 2013, it has been one of the leaders in the fall in the ranking of governors' performance, compiled by the Civil Society Development Fund , dropping from 33rd place in 2012 to 49th in 2013 and to 62th in 2015   .
On February 14, 2017, he announced that he had filed an application for early resignation a week earlier and said that he would not nominate him for a new term. On the same day, dismissed by decree of the President of Russia   .
On September 19, 2017, by the Resolution of the Governor of the Ryazan Region , he was empowered with a member of the Council of the Federation of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation - a representative from the Government of the Ryazan Region  . He is a member of the Federation Council Committee on the federal structure, regional policy, local government and the affairs of the North.
In connection with the return to the elections of the heads of regions by popular vote, from the end of March 2012, opposition parties held rallies and demonstrations in Ryazan city with calls for early termination of their powers by Oleg Kovalev. They believed that the population of the regional center was dissatisfied with the policies of Oleg Kovalev, with the support of which more than one controversial business project was implemented in the region, that supposedly there was an opinion in society about the governor’s personal interest in building a number of environmentally unfavorable enterprises, they also blamed the lack of attention to social problems of the region. The main idea of the rallies is that the region should be led by a native and resident of the Ryazan region.
Thesis and Plagiarism Charges
In 2006, he defended his thesis on "The Rules of Procedure of the State Duma as the Legal Framework for the Activities of the Russian Parliament." According to Dissernet's analysis  , this dissertation contains large-scale undocumented borrowings    .
Redistribution of the lands of Sergei Yesenin Museum-Reserve
Married, has two daughters (Daria and Natalia), a son (Andrey) and three grandchildren  .
His wife, Olga Mishina, was engaged in the supply of petroleum products in the Moscow region , worked as an adviser to the government of the Moscow region , and as an assistant to a deputy of the State Duma. She was president of the Interregional Petroleum Union and vice president of the Russian Fuel Union. Co-founder of the Moscow regional branch of the organization " Support of Russia ". Since 2006, he has been working at Rosrezerv  .
The son, Andrey Olegovich Kovalev, is engaged in the wholesale and retail sale of alcohol and the production of dry building mixes, co-owner of a number of companies (LLC Trading Company KIT, LLC Gallery Vin, LLC Kamayus, OJSC Promstroy, LLC Stroimiks)  .
Awards and honors
- Order “For Merit to the Fatherland” III degree ( May 26, 2008 ) - for merits in lawmaking, strengthening and development of Russian statehood 
- Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" IV degree ( October 6, 2005 ) - for active participation in lawmaking and many years of fruitful work 
- Order of Honor ( June 26, 2013 ) - for the achieved labor successes, many years of conscientious work and active social activity 
- Order of Friendship ( August 5, 2002 ) - for merits in strengthening law and order, active lawmaking and many years of conscientious work 
- Medal "In memory of the 850th anniversary of Moscow" ( 1997 )
- Honored Builder of the Russian Federation ( February 28, 1997 ) - for merits in the field of construction and many years of conscientious work 
- Nikolai Ozerov Medal ( October 30, 2013 ) - for his great personal contribution to the development of physical culture and sports in the Russian Federation, the promotion of a healthy lifestyle and in connection with the 90th anniversary of the formation of the federal (state) and territorial executive authorities in the field of physical Culture and Sports 
- Medal “For Combat Commonwealth” ( Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia , 2006 )
- Political Xenophobia. Panorama, 1999
- Federal List of the Bear Block
- Putin found a replacement for Shpak as Ryazan governor. 03/11/2008
- President accepted the resignation of the Governor of the Ryazan Region. Archived copy of March 27, 2015 on the Wayback Machine
- election commission of the Ryazan region signed the final election protocols
- Inauguration of the governor of the Ryazan region
- A chair shook under the governor of the Ryazan Region - S. A. Yesenin ::: My life, or you dreamed of me
- National Governors Rating (2015 Results) | National rating
- Governor of the Ryazan region resigned :: Politics :: RBC
- Official publication of legal acts in electronic form
- Publication of the results of the examination of Oleg Kovalev’s dissertation on the Dissernet server
- “Oleg Ivanovich, you are a great scientist”: the Ryazan governor “slept” on a phony dissertation // “ Novaya Gazeta- Ryazan”, 04/25/2013
- dissertation of the Ryazan governor: plagiarism or “duck”? // Regnum
- Dossier: who was accused of plagiarizing dissertations // ITAR-TASS
- Ivan Golunov. High-ranking heirs - 2 . Slon.ru. Date of treatment November 15, 2013.
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of May 26, 2008 No. 841
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of October 6, 2005 No. 1176
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation dated June 26, 2013 No. 583 “On Awarding with State Prizes of the Russian Federation” Archived copy of February 2, 2014 on the Wayback Machine
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of August 5, 2002 No. 834
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of February 28, 1997 No. 136
- Order of the Ministry of Sports of Russia dated October 30, 2013 No. 147-ng “On Awarding Departmental Awards of the Ministry of Sports of the Russian Federation”
- We will build Russia as a reliable and comfortable home - Oleg Kovalev Interview on the ITAR-TASS website