Kiev gasoline tram (motor tram, auto tire) - tram with traction on gasoline engines in Kiev . Opened in 1911 . He worked for 30 years and was closed in 1941 .
Initially, the only route No. B was launched - from Postal Square. to a dead end near the Nikolaev chain bridge . In the same year, after the opening of the Line on the Chain Bridge and the Slobodsky petrol-rail depot, the route was extended to the left bank of the Dnieper to Nikolskaya Sloboda , and then to the village of Bykovnya . Since 1913, route No. B went to the city of Brovary . From the first days of the existence of a gasoline train, freight trains were used on its line to transport goods to the left bank.
The gas-powered tram operated until 1920, when traffic stopped after blowing up bridges across the Dnieper.
The resumption of the gas-powered tram took place in 1925 - after the restoration of the Chain Bridge (after restoration - named after Evgenia Bosch) and the Rusanovsky bridge .
In 1930, a line was opened to Staraya Darnitsa . Instead of No. B, 3 routes were formed: No. 14 “Postal Square. - Nikolskaya Slobodka ”, No. 15“ Nikolskaya Slobodka - Old Darnitsa ”and No. 16“ Nikolskaya Slobodka - Brovary ”.
In 1933, the numbering of routes changed: No. 14 “Postal Square. - Nikolskaya Slobodka ”, No. 17“ Nikolskaya Slobodka - Old Darnitsa ”and No. 23 -“ Nikolskaya Slobodka - Brovary ”. This year, a gradual electrification of gasoline tram lines began.
In 1935, route No. 14 was extended to Staraya Darnitsa and launched route No. 25 - “Postal Square. “Nikolskaya Slobodka.”
In 1936, they launched route number 24 - "Old Darnitsa - FER ", but removed route number 17.
There is information about the opening by 1938 of a line along the Nikolskaya Slobodka to the Darnitsky brick factory.
All gasoline lines closed in 1941 in connection with the outbreak of war . During the war and the postwar years, the lines were gradually demolished.
After the war, the lines and depot of the gas station were not restored. At first, the hangars of the Sloboda depot were in ruins. Then, a skin and venereologic dispensary was set up in former hangars. Part of the territory was allocated for the market, and a house was built at the entrance to the depot. They rebuilt only the line along the Embankment ( 1953 - 2011 ) and the line to the FER (partially, 1959 ).
As of 2017, only the tram line along Prague Street repeats the lines of the pre-war tram network.