“Sixteen Candles” ( eng. Sixteen Candles ) is an American comedy film from 1984 . The director and scriptwriter of the film is John Hughes .
|Producer||Hilton A. Green |
|In the main|
|Molly Ringwald |
Anthony Michael Hall
|Film company||Universal pictures |
|Duration||93 min. [one]|
|Budget||$ 6.5 million. |
|Fees||$ 23,686,027 |
- "16 Candles. And you’ve been invited to the party "(from English - " 16 candles. And you are invited to a party. ")
- “When you just sixteen anything can be happen!” (From English - “When you're 16, everything can happen!”)
- “It’s a moment in your life that can last forever!”)
- “This is Samantha Baker and today is her 16th birthday. The problem is, nobody remembers "(from English - " This is Samantha Baker, and today is her 16th birthday. The problem is that no one remembers. ")
On the day of his sixteenth birthday, Samantha Baker ( Molly Ringwald ) feels the most unhappy person in the world. Indeed, because of the wedding of her sister Ginny ( Blanche Baker ), no one even remembered the day she was born! And then there's the annoying grandmother and grandfather forced to go to school evening with an unfamiliar Chinese, and she can’t get rid of the nasty novice ( Anthony Michael Hall ), who has aroused unearthly love for her. And in the depths of his heart Samantha hopes that her dream boyfriend, Jake Ryan ( Michael Schoffling ), will pay attention to her ...
|Molly Ringwald||Samantha Baker is the main heroine|
|Michael Shoffling||Jake ryan|
|Anthony Michael Hall||Ted|
|Haviland Morris||Carolyn Mulford|
|Jiddy Watanabe||Long Duck Dong|
|Paul Dooley||Jim Baker|
|Edward Andrews||Howard baker|
|Carlin Glynn||Brenda baker|
|Blanche baker||Ginny Baker|
|Billy Byrd||Dorothy Baker|
|Carol Cook||grandma helen|
|Max Showalter||grandfather fred|
|Liana Alexandra Curtis||Randy|
|Joan cusack||girl in braces from the bus|
Filming took place in the summer of 1983, and the premiere took place on May 4, 1984. Most of the scenes of the film were filmed at Niles East High School in the village of Skoki (Illinois)  .
- SIXTEEN CANDLES (15) . British Board of Film Classification (August 29, 1984). The appeal date is April 18, 2015.
- Sixteen Candles . Box Office Mojo . The appeal date is June 27, 2009.
- William A. Gordon. Shot On This Site: A Traveler's Guide . - Carol Publishing Group, 1995. - P. 133. - 274 p. - ISBN 978-0-8065-1647-9 .