Oshkutskab ( isp. Oxkutzcab ) - a municipality in Mexico , Yucatan , with the administrative center in the eponymous city. The population, according to the 2010 census, was 29,325 people.
|Municipality of Mexico (AE Level 2)|
|Adm Centre||Oshkutskab (23,096 people, 79%)|
|Number of settlements||42|
|Population ( ▲ 2010 , census)||29 325 people [one]|
|Density||57.2 person / km²|
|Language composition||spanish yucatec|
• highest point
Nokakab (136 m )
|Coordinates of the administrative center|
|19 ° 58 '- 20 ° 21' N |
89 ° 22 '- 89 ° 46' w.
|Chairman (2010–2012)||Jose Gualberto Ayora Camara |
|Timezone||UTC-6 , in summer UTC-5|
The name Oxkutzcab can be translated from the Mayan language in two ways: a city founded three times or a ramon , tobacco and honey gathering place .
The area of the municipality is 512.23 km², it borders with other municipalities of Yucatan : in the north with Tikul and Mani , in the east with Akil , in the southeast with Tekash , and in the west with Santa Elena . Also in the southwest, Oshkutskab is bordered by the municipalities of Campeche . [four]
Establishment and composition
The municipality was formed in 1918 . The municipality includes 42 settlements, the largest of which are:
|Locality||Number of |
|Number of |
|Emiliano Zapata||1 212||1,350|
The working population is employed by sector in the following proportions  :
- trade, services and tourism - 43.3%;
- agriculture and cattle breeding - 39.5%;
- production and construction - 16.3%.
According to statistics from 2000, the infrastructure is developed as follows  :
- road length: 365.3 km;
- electrification: 90.8%;
- water supply: 88.7%;
- water disposal: 53.4%.
In the municipality you can visit  :
- St. Francis of Assisi Church , built in the XVIII century ;
- Church of the Blessed Virgin of Pilar, built in the 17th century ;
- the chapel of St. Esteban , built in the XIX century ;
- former Hacienda Tabi;
- several archaeological sites of the Mayan civilization .
- INEGI. Mexico Census 2010 (Spanish)
- Results of the elections of the chairmen of the municipalities of Yucatan - 2010 Archived September 16, 2011.
- Postal codes of Oshkutskaba
- Encyclopedia about the municipalities of Mexico. Oshkutskab Archival copy of September 27, 2007 on the Wayback Machine (isp.)
- INEGI. Mexico Census 2005 Archived July 22, 2011. (isp.)
- Oshkutskab on the official website of the state of Yucatan Archival copy of July 24, 2009 on the Wayback Machine (isp.)
- Municipalities of Yucatan
- Portal: Mexico