The Hand That Rocks the Cradle is the 1992 American thriller directed by Curtis Hanson .
|Hand rocking the cradle|
|The Hand That Rocks the Cradle|
|Producer||David madden |
|In the main|
|Rebecca De Mornei |
|Film company||Hollywood pictures |
Nomura Babcock & Brown
|Budget||$ 11.7 million |
|Fees||$ 88 million (in the USA) |
The name of the film is taken from the English proverb " the hand that shakes the cradle rules the world " ( Eng. The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world ).
Claire Barthel, a business woman, lives happily with her family until Peyton Flanders appears in her life, which Claire and her husband hire to take care of the child. Behind the attention of an attentive and courteous nanny, an insidious avenger is hiding. Caring and love for the baby for Peyton takes on the character of revenge for the suicide of her husband, a lustful gynecologist, for the miscarriage that happened after that. The failed mother unleashes all her anger on the Barthel family, believing that she has the right to punish them, and raise the baby so that he perceives her as a mother. She breastfeeds her youngest child so that he no longer perceives the milk of a real mother. The eldest girl trusts her secrets.
- Annabella Schiorra - Claire Barthel
- Rebecca De Mornay - Mrs. Mott / Peyton Flanders
- Matt McCoy - Michael Barthel
- Ernie Hudson - Solomon
- Julianne Moore - Marilyn Craven
- Madelyn Winter - Emma Barthel
- John de Lancy - Dr. Victor Mott
- Kevin Skausen - Marty Craven
- Saturn, 1993 :
- The best horror movie.
- Best Actress (Rebecca De Mornei).
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Julianne Moore).
- Chicago Film Critics Association Award , 1993 - Best Actress (Rebecca de Mornay)  .
Remakes and related films
- In 1993, an Indian remake of the film, Khal-Naaikaa (Bad Man), was released.
- In 2013, a Russian remake of the film - “ You will pay for everything ” was released.
- In 2007, an American television movie with a similar storyline, “ While the Children Sleep, ” also known as “ The Sitter, ” was released.