“The Confession of the Invisible Man” ( English Memoirs of an Invisible Man - “Memoirs of the Invisible Man”  ) is a film directed by John Carpenter , based on the novel by H. F. Saint (1987).
|Memoirs of an Invisible Man|
|Producer||Bruce Bodner |
|Robert Collector |
|In the main|
|Chevy Chase |
|Operator||William E. Fraker|
|Film company||Warner bros |
In the Soviet Union, which broke up before the release of the film, the picture did not come out. The film was produced in the Russian Federation on licensed and “pirated” VHS and Laserdisc editions of “Warner Home Video” and, later, “ Laser Video ” company translated by Vasily Gorchakov and Andrey Gavrilov .
The film takes place around the 1990s in the United States . The main character - stock broker Nick Halloway ( Chevy Chase ) meets a girl Alice Monroe ( Daryl Hannah ), who works as a documentary filmmaker at the Smithsonian Institution. Impressed by the meeting, he gets drunk at the bar, and the next day comes to the conference at Magnascopics Corporation with a terrible hangover and decides to take a nap for half an hour. The clerk, whom he asked where the toilet is, accidentally spills coffee on the computer keyboard, which leads to a closure in one of the laboratories, to a fire and, as a result, to the fantastic invisibility effect of some parts of the building. Nick slept through a general evacuation and as a result became invisible, but when he heard the rescuers talk about being vivisected, he fled. He turned into a hunter for the ambitious CIA agent David Jenkins ( Sam Nill ). But the main difficulty of his current situation was that now he can not appear before the bright eyes of his beloved girl.
The position of the outcast made Nick flee from Los Angeles to his friend George Talbot's country house (Michael Mackin), where he enjoyed peace and quiet for quite some time. And the service service in America is set at such a high level that he could live his whole life without showing his eyes to others and conduct his work only with a computer and modem .
His glorious days ended with the arrival of George with his wife, his beloved girlfriend Nick Alice, and Richard, who was seeking her favor (George Paul Martin). It was as a result of this that Nick dared to open up Alice and told her (after recovering from the initial shock and mandatory loss of consciousness) about his current state. And everything would be wonderful if it were not for the ubiquitous agent Jenkins, who had tracked down Nick here too. The make-up invisible man and his girlfriend had to flee, but the CIA agent took the trail and got his way: he pressed Nick Halloway and remained alone with him on one of the floors of a skyscraper under construction.
Nick tricked Jenkins into falling down, after which he settles with Alice in a house in the mountains.
- Chevy Chase - Nick Halloway
- Sam Nill - David Jenkins
- Daryl Hannah - Alice Monroe
- Michael Mackin - George Talbot
- Stephen Tobolowski - Warren Singleton
- Jim Norton - Bernard Wox
- Box office in the United States - $ 14,358,033.
- Nick uses the pseudonym Harvey taken on behalf of the invisible rabbit from the American movie Harvey (Harvey, 1950).
- The director of the film starred in it in the episodic role of one of the attack aircraft hunting in an helicopter for invisible Nick.
- It was originally planned that Nick would have no eyes to more reliably show the audience why he did not see his body. To do this, Chevy Chase had to wear blue contact lenses so that when mounting his eyes could be digitally processed. In the end, I had to refuse it, since the actor could not get used to them and his head was starting to hurt.
Awards and nominations
- 1993 - Saturn Award nomination - Best Sci-Fi Movie, Best Actor, Best Special Effects, Best Supporting Actor.
- ↑ Under this name is shown on Soviet television.