Incubus is an American alternative rock band .
|Genres||alternative rock   |
alternative metal 
funk rock  
funky metal  
nu metal   
|Years||from 1991 to the present|
|Labels||Sony BMG Music , |
Epic / Immortal
Mike Eisiger ,
|Official Incubus Website|
- 1 History
- 2 2003-2005
- 3 Composition
- 3.1 Former members
- 4 Discography
- 4.1 Studio albums
- 4.2 Singles
- 5 Interesting Facts
- 6 notes
- 7 References
The group was created in the Californian city of Calabasas in 1992 by classmates Brandon Boyd (vocals, percussion), Mike Einsaiger (guitar), Alex Katunich, who took the pseudonym “Dirk Lance” (bass guitar), and Jose Pasiyas (drums). They started with funk rock, borrowing a lot from the Red Hot Chili Peppers . Slowly the sound of the group was transformed as elements of rapcore and post-grunge were added to the music. The team regularly performed in public from the very beginning, riding concerts in southern California. In 1995, DJ Life (Gavin Koppell) appeared in the team, with the participation of which the guys released their debut album “Fungus amongus” with their own money.
Recording companies drew attention to this release, especially since Incubus were already well known in their native California. After receiving a contract from Immortal Records , a subsidiary of Epic Records , the guys recorded their debut mini-album, Enjoy incubus, which consisted mainly of reworked demos.
The full-length disc appeared the following year, after which Incubus went on tour in the States to warm up such teams as Korn , Primus , "311", Sublime and "Unwritten law". The popularity of the group increased significantly and in the summer of 1998 she received an invitation to participate in Ozzfest. In the same year, the musicians appeared in the “Family Values tour”, organized by Korn . By that time, due to personal disagreements, DJ Life had left the team, and DJ Kilmore took his place. Having a little rest from the tour, Incubus recorded the next album, Make Yourself and hit the road, this time they were joined by System Of A Down , Snot and Limp Bizkit . After the release of the single “Pardon me”, the corresponding hit MTV, due to which its circulations approached the “platinum” mark. Meanwhile, Make Yourself, although it was at the very end of the Top 50, was stably selling and, over time, the disc collected double “platinum”.
The Stellar song from this record was regularly played on radio and TV, but the song “Drive”, which made its way into the top ten American music, was the biggest hit. In 2000, Incubus again took part in Ozzfest, and then accompanied Moby on his Area: One tour. In the same year, the team released the mini-album When Incubus Attacks, Vol. 1 ", composed of rare things, and also reissued its first disc," Fungus amongus ". A new studio work called "Morning view" was published in late 2001. The album debuted in American charts in second place, proving that the Incubus continues to hone its skills. The compositions “Wish You Were Here”, “Nice to Know You”, and “Warning” were instantly picked up by the radio air, and the group itself went on the next tour as headliners.
In the spring of 2003, news came that bassist Dirk Lance had left the band. However, just a few days later, the place of the bass player was taken by a friend of Isinger, a former member of The Roots Ben Kenny.
Very soon, the band released their fifth full-length album, titled A Crow Left of the Murder. Despite the fact that many fans predicted the failure of the release due to the departure of Dirk, the album reached second place on the US charts, and the first single from the album called Megalomaniac reached the 55th line of the American Billboard charts . In 2004, the band released the DVD "Live At Red Rocks", which featured the best hits, as well as the material for the new album. The second single, Talk Shows On Mute, captivated English fans, rising in many charts above the twentieth line.
In 2005, Incubus wrote several soundtracks for the Stealth movie. Song Names: Make a Move, Admiration, Neither of Us Can See. In this case, the composition Make A Move also entered the top twenty in the English charts.
- Brandon Boyd - vocals, guitar, percussion (1991 - present)
- Mike Einsaiger - guitar, vocals, piano (1991 - present)
- Jose Pasillas - drums, percussion (1991 - present)
- Chris Kilmore - Keys, DJ (1998 - Present)
- Ben Kenny - bass, vocals (2003 - present)
- Dirk Lance (real name Alex Katunich) - bass (1991-2003)
- Gavin Coppell - Keys, DJ (1995-1998)
|Release date||Title||US No.||UK number|
|November 1 , 1995||Fungus amongus||116||-|
|January 7 , 1997||Enjoy Incubus (EP)||-||-|
|September 9 , 1997||SCIENCE||-||103|
|October 26 , 1999||Make yourself||47||83|
|August 22 , 2000||When Incubus Attacks Volume 1 (EP)||41||-|
|October 23 , 2001||Morning view||2||fifteen|
|February 4 , 2004||A Crow Left of the Murder ...||2||6|
|November 28 , 2006||Light grenades||one||52|
|June 16 , 2009||Monuments and melodies||5||-|
|July 12 , 2011||If Not Now, When?||2||twenty|
|April 27, 2017||8|
|Release date||Title||US Billboard Hot 100||US Bubbling Under Hot 100||US Mainstream Rock Tracks||US Modern Rock Tracks||US Pop 100||UK Singles Chart | UK||Album|
|1996||Take Me To Your Leader||-||-||-||-||-||-||Enjoy Incubus|
|1997||A definite shade of green||-||-||-||-||-||-||SCIENCE|
|2000||Pardon me||-||2||7||3||-||61||Make yourself|
|2002||Wish You Were Here||60||-||four||2||-||27||Morning view|
|Nice to know you||-||5||9||9||-||-|
|Are you in?||-||-||-||-||-||34|
|2004||Megalomaniac||55||-||2||one||-||23||A Crow Left of the Murder ...|
|Talk shows on mute||-||16||eighteen||3||-||43|
|2005||Make a move||-||-||19||17||-||-||Stealth soundtrack|
|2006||Anna Molly||66||-||four||one||81||109||Light grenades|
|Oil and water||-||-||38||8||-||-|
|2009||Black heart inertia||-||-||7||34||-||-||Monuments & melodies|
|2011||Adolescents||-||one||28||3||-||-||If Not Now, When?|
|2015||Absolution calling||-||-||-||-||-||-||Trust Fall (Side A)|
- In honor of Incubus, the indie game Incubattle was created.
- At the end of 2012, Incubus drummer Jose Pasillas held an exhibition of his own paintings  .
- Benson, John . Alt-rock mainstay Incubus ready with new rock for Cleveland (August 23, 2011). Date of treatment December 13, 2015.
- Gasparek, Brian . 1990s alt-rockers still draw crowds (June 30, 2015). Date of treatment December 13, 2015.
- Huey, Steve Incubus - Artist Biography . AllMusic . All Media Network . Date of treatment January 19, 2013.
- Incubus tickets still on sale . Date of treatment January 2, 2017.
- Incubus Announce Australian Tour - Tone Deaf . Date of treatment January 2, 2017.
- Incubus // Encyclopedia of Popular Music . - 4th. - Oxford University Press , 2006. - ISBN 978-0-1953-1373-4 .
- What ever happened to all those nu metal bands? . FasterLouder.
- Incubus: Biography . Date of treatment April 8, 2010. Archived June 20, 2008. . Rolling stone .
- Soghomonian, Talia. Incubus: Paris Le Bataclan (Eng.) // New Musical Express : magazine. - Mark Allen Group, 2005 .-- 12 September.
- Exhibition of artworks by Jose Pasiyas (inaccessible link)