Duripsh ( Abkh. Dәryҧsh ) is a village in Abkhazia , in the Gudauta district of the partially recognized Republic of Abkhazia , according to the administrative division of Georgia , in the Gudauta municipality of the Abkhaz Autonomous Republic  . It is located north of the Gudauta district center in the foothill zone at the foot of the Bzyb Range .
|A country||Republic of Abkhazia / Georgia |
|Region ||Abkhaz Autonomous Republic|
|History and Geography|
|Timezone||UTC + 3|
|Population||577  people ( 1989 )|
|Telephone code||+7 840|
Administratively , the village is the administrative center of the Duripshinsky rural administration ( Abkh. Dәryҧsh aқyҭa ahadara ), formerly the Duripshinsky village council.
In the north, the Duripsha border is the Bzyb Range, in the east it borders with the village of Achandara along the Dahuara River, in the south it borders with the village of Lykhny , in the southeast it borders with the village of Kulanyrhua , in the west the border of Duripsha is the Hypsta River .
The village of Duripsh is historically divided into 6 villages ( Abkh. Aҳabla ):
In the first half of the 19th century, the settlements of Abgarra, Aryyut, Ebirnykh and Arkua were referred to as independent settlements that were not part of Duripsh. As a result of mass relocations, mainly from the second half of the 19th century, new settlements were formed in the village of Duripsh: Tarkila-rhabla (north-western part of the village), Ardzyna-rhabla (western part of the village of Duripsh).
According to the 1959 census, 499 people lived in the village of Duripsh, mostly Abkhazians (in the Duripsh village council as a whole - 2767 people, also mostly Abkhazians)  . According to the 1989 census, the population of the Duripsh village council amounted to 2699 people, including the Duripsh village - 577 people  , mainly Abkhazians  . According to the 2011 census, the population of the rural settlement (rural administration) of Duripsh amounted to 2214 residents, of which 98.1% were Abkhazians (2171 people), 0.8% were Russians (17 people), 0.3% were Georgians (6 people), 0.2% - Ukrainians (4 people), 0.1% - Mingrelians (3 people), 0.1% - Armenians (2 people), 0.5% - others (11 people)  .
According to the census of 1886 in the village of Duripsh lived Orthodox Christians - 464 people., Muslims - Sunnis - 379 people. According to the class division in Duripsh, there were 61 nobles and 782 peasants . Representatives of the princely class , the Orthodox clergy and the "urban" estates did not live in Duripsh.
The village of Duripsh has long been inhabited by the clans Gunba (35 yards), Lakrba (8 yards), Ardzinba (27 yards), Tarba (24 yards), Tarkil (22 yards), Twanba (21 yards), Taniya (18 yards), as well as Arsalia and Gerzmava (12 yards each). At the beginning of the XIX century. representatives of the Kvaratskhelia clan (13 yards) moved here from southeastern Abkhazia. Soon [ when? ] representatives of the following families settled here: Agrba (8 yards), Hagba (8), Agumaa (8), Abgadzh (7), Sakania (7), Gamisoniya (6), Konjaria (6), Halvash (5), Gitsba ( 5), Smyr (4), Chuaz (4), Khuporia (4), Gubaz (4), Bartsits (3), Tskua (3), Shulumba (3), Kobakhiya (2), Yeshba (2), Pkin ( 2), Anba (2), Ketsba (2), Benia (2), Kvadzba (2), Barzania (2), Bushba (2), Papba (1), Bigvava (1), Gabunia (1), Antelava ( 1), Hagush (1), Gurgulia (1), Gabrava (1), Kapba (1), Khetsia (1), Chikachidi (1), Gamgia (1), Ekimidi (1), Tsarkova (1), Rokapidze ( 1), Lasaria (1), Emuhwari (1), Kujba (1), Chepia (1), Horanov (1), Gurzan (1), Gugunava (1), Grigolia (1), Banalia (1), Ba building (1), Tsargush (1), Tirkba (1) [ significance of fact? ] .
Duripsh was badly affected by mujajirism , the forcible eviction of the Abkhaz population to Turkey in the second half of the 19th century .
|Census year||Number of inhabitants||Ethnic composition|
|1926||1605||Abkhazians 96.3%; Georgians 0.9%; Russians 0.6%|
|1959||2767||Abkhazians (no exact data)|
|1989||2699||Abkhazians (no exact data)|
There are objects of historical and cultural heritage of Abkhazia in the village  :
- The site of primitive man - refers to the era of Moustier . The location of this parking lot is the second terrace of the left bank of the Hipsta River near the village of Duripsh.
- The fortress is a medieval era. Located at the confluence of the Hipsta and Yegra rivers, opposite the Duripsha hydroelectric station.
- Church of the Middle Ages.
- The obelisk to the victims of the repression of 1937, the fallen soldiers in the war of 1941-1945. and World War II of the people of Abkhazia 1992-1993. from the village of Duripsh. It is located in the center of the village of Duripsh, installed in 1999, the sculptor is Gerzmava B.
In the late Middle Ages, part of the lands of Duripsha was the patrimony of the Abkhaz noble family Lakrba . In the village there is a locality Lakripsh ("possession of the Lakrbovtsev").
In 1877, as a result of the forced eviction of Abkhazians to Turkey, no more than 50 people remained in Duripsh from more than 1,500 inhabitants .
In the village of Duripsh in 1931, the first nationwide gathering of the Abkhaz people was held in modern history, which expressed dissatisfaction with the decline in the status of Abkhazia to the level of autonomy , which is directly part of the Georgian SSR . The gathering participants also expressed dissatisfaction with the upcoming collectivization and voiced distrust of the authorities of Abkhazia and their actions. .
In the center of the village of Duripsh there is a memorial complex with a full list in honor of: repressed duripshites (in the 1930s), dead soldiers in the Great Patriotic War (1941-1945) , as well as natives of the village who died in the Georgian-Abkhaz war 1992-1993 years .
In 1959, the first president of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh, visited the village of Duripsh  .
In May 1963, in the village of Duripsh, in the house of the siblings of Makhti and Minas Tarkil, in the best traditions of Abkhazian hospitality, they received the First Secretary of the CPSU Central Committee Nikita Khrushchev and the Cuban leader Fidel Castro  .
- This settlement is located in Abkhazia , which is a disputed territory . According to the administrative division of Georgia , the disputed territory is occupied by the Abkhaz Autonomous Republic . In fact, the disputed territory is occupied by the partially recognized state of the Republic of Abkhazia .
- According to the administrative division of Georgia
- All-Union Population Census 1989. Abkhaz ASSR
- All-Union Population Census 1959. Gudauta District. Villages and Primary Nationalities
- Ethnic-language maps of Abkhazia in 1989. Koryakov Yu. B.
- Census of Abkhazia 2011. Gudauta district
- Decree of the President of the Republic of Abkhazia “On approval of the state list of objects of historical and cultural heritage of the Republic of Abkhazia” dated December 25, 2015 No. 362.
- Abkhazian voyage of the Vietnamese leader . Sputnik of Abkhazia (September 20, 2016). Date of treatment July 12, 2017.
- Memories of Konstantin Tarkil about Fidel Castro . Sputnik of Abkhazia (August 13, 2016). Date of treatment July 12, 2017.
- (Russian) V. Kvarchia. Historical and modern toponymy of Abkhazia (Historical and etymological study). - Sukhum: Press House, 2006. - 328 p.
- (Abkh.) Кәарҷия В. Е. Аҧсны atoponymy. - Аҟәа: 2002 .-- 686 d.