The village of Lugansk ( Ukrainian: Stanitsya Lugansk ; formerly Stanichno-Lugansk) is an urban-type village in the Lugansk region of Ukraine , the district center of Stanichno-Lugansk region . It borders directly on Lugansk , separated from it by the Seversky Donets River .
|Ukrainian Village of Luganska|
|History and Geography|
|Former names||Lugansk town, the village of Lugansk, Kosiorovo, the village of Stanichno-Lugansk|
|Timezone||UTC + 2 , in summer UTC + 3|
|Population||13,089  people ( GSSU estimate, January 1, 2018 )|
|Telephone code||+380 6472|
|Car code||BB, HB / 13|
The village is located on the Seversky Donets , on its outskirts (and near the village) were found the remains of ancient stone workshops of the VI-IV millennium BC. e., as well as settlements of the Bronze Age I millennium BC. e. and burial grounds of the 8th – 10th centuries BC e. 
In the second half of the 17th century, in the wooded area near the Lugani River, the Don Cossacks founded the town of Lugansky. Its area was 27 hectares , the town was surrounded by a rampart and a moat, abutting against the shore of the Seversky Donets. A mound towered above the town, on which a guard post was located. In 1684, the town was burned by the Tatars, but was soon restored as the village of Lugansk. Therefore, the official date of foundation is 1688 . Although, of course, the Cossack town of Lugansk appeared earlier - according to unverified data, earlier than 1640, and the revision of 1703 indicates the year of construction - 1673. Bulavina did not support the town en masse, but surrendered to it - perhaps this gave the town a chance to continue its existence, since after the repressions against the Cossacks and the seizure of many Cossack towns and lands, a lot of Cossacks moved to the Lugansk town from the destroyed and taken away territories, due to which the town for 1718, only by the number of sworn Cossacks to the service (not counting the members of the family and other residents) - 662 Cossack, was the largest on-Don. Although the Lugansk town - the village of Lugansk - did not manage to remain in the Army, it still had to survive the fate of the Donetsk towns previously taken from the Don Cossacks, since during the creation of the Ukrainian SSR the Lugansk yurt (the village of Lugansk with all the farms) was transferred to its subordination [3 ] .
Intensive settlement of the Donets Basin down from the village of Lugansk (in official documents such a name occurs from 1719  ) took place starting from the 1730-1740s   .
In the Russian Empire, the village was part of the Donetsk District of the Don Don Region  . Cossacks of Lugansk served in the regiments of the 10th regiment of the Don Cossack Troops: 10th General Lukovkin, 27th and 44th Don Cossack Regiments  . In the state of the Don Cossacks, the All-Great Army of the Don (1918-1920), the village of Lugansk was also part of the Donetsk District.
At the beginning of 1920, the Great Don Army after two years of exhausting war fell under the blows of the Red Army , its Taganrog district and parts of the Donetsk and Cherkasy districts were transferred to the Ukrainian SSR - the village of Lugansk became part of the Donetsk province and was renamed the village of Stanichno-Lugansk  . In 1923, the village became the center of the created Stanichno-Lugansk region of the Donetsk province of the Ukrainian SSR  .
In 1938, Stanichno-Lugansk received the status of an urban-type settlement .
In January 1989, the population was16 168 people  .
After the collapse of the USSR, the village of Stanichno-Lugansk remained in the Lugansk region of Ukraine. The Verkhovna Rada Resolution No. 1155-V of June 7, 2007  restored the historical Cossack name - the Village of Lugansk.
As of January 1, 2013, the population was 13,734 people  .
The war in eastern Ukraine
During the war in eastern Ukraine, the village was badly damaged. On July 2, 2014, an air strike was struck on the Village of Lugansk. Residential neighborhoods were destroyed, more than 10 civilians were killed, including a 5-year-old child.    The battles between the Armed Forces and the Army of the Southeast of the self-proclaimed LPR in the area of Stanitsa Lugansk continued throughout the summer of 2014 .
In August 2014, the fighting took place directly within the boundaries of the city of Lugansk, in its Zhovtnevsky district .  On August 21, 2014, the Village came under the control of Ukraine.
According to the Minsk agreements, troops in the area of the only checkpoint [ where? ] between the territories controlled by the Armed Forces of Ukraine and (from October 2014) the People's Police of the LPR , should have been assigned.
Nevertheless, active combat clashes with the use of machine guns, mortars, artillery, tanks, and Grads, intensified after replenishment of ammunition, continued. Many civilians died from shelling.    
As of August 30, 2015, in the village of Lugansk, out of almost 14 thousand, about 2000 inhabitants remained. 
As of January 1, 2018, according to GSSU , the population was 13,089 people  .
In late June - early July 2019, troops from both sides in Stanitsa Lugansk were divorced  , which was confirmed by the OSCE special monitoring mission  , after which the distance between the military personnel of the LPR People’s Police and the Armed Forces became two kilometers  .
Stanichno-Lugansk Museum of Local Lore
Main article: " Stanichno-Lugansk Museum of Local Lore " .
In the center of the village there is a museum of local lore , where documents, collections of household items and the military glory of the Cossacks are collected. In the halls of the museum are constantly updated exhibitions of folk crafts: painting, arts and crafts, guided tours are held with the participation of folk art collectives.
Railway service enterprises, industrial and food plants, sand pits. The center of a large agricultural region of the Luhansk region.
- number of the explicit population of Ukraine on 1 September 2018. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kyiv, 2018.
- Institute of Archeology, Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR, scientific archive, f. 12, d. 72, ld. 1-18.
- Korolev, V.N. Don Cossack towns. - Novocherkassk. : Donchak, 2011 .-- S. 115. - ISBN 978-5-904079-41-3 .
- Pronstein A.P. Don land in the 18th century. S. 58.
- Don diocesan sheets. 1892. No. 6. P. 251.
- Cossack messenger. 1883. No. 2. P. 4.
- Weinberg L. Don Don Region. SPb., 1897.
- Formation of the Don Cossack units and units / Formation of the Don Cossack regiments by region of the Department of Internal Affairs // Novocherkassk.net. 01/11/2012.
- History of the Lugansk Region: Textbook. allowance / Efremov A. S., Kurilo V. S. Brovchenko I. et al. Lugansk: Alma Mater, 2003. P. 315. Archived on September 27, 2013.
- Loktyushev S.A. Prehistoric essay on the middle Donets region. Lugansk, 1930.S. 18.
- 1989 All-Union Population Census. Number of urban population of Union republics, their territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender
- Link to Regulation. President Yushchenko, Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Moroz, Prime Minister Yanukovych.
- number of the explicit population of Ukraine on 1 September 2013. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kiev, 2013.
- During the shelling of the Village of Lugansk 9 people died (video) // 21:04 - July 2, 2014
- The tragedy in Kondrashovka. “And the error of the pilots, and shelling from the side?” - Media // 07/03/2014 12:24
- How the Village of Lugansk burned down: a tragedy where 14 to 26 people died (photo, video) // July 3, 2014 20:15 based on materials: Details.
- April 3, 2014 , the Aidar battalion rooku battalion was heavily armed with the Ukrainian forces in the territory of the village of Veliky Vergunka i Chervoniy Yar, which is to enter the warehouse of the Zhovtnevy district of Lugansk, which was controlled by the militants from the quarter of 2014. 15 sickle Ukrainian prarapor bulo installed after fighting over the police station number 2.
- Yak viglyadaє Stanitsya Lugansk pіslya bombarduvor terrorist
- Lugansk pid “Grad”: A couple of girls
- militants shouted Stanitsa Lugansk "Grads". Two people left
- For the doba, the militants were flying in the village of Lugansk ponad 30 Budinkiv. Є hit and injure
- At Stanitsi Lugansk s 14.5 yew. Nearly 600 sacking was lost
- Alexandra Arsentieva. In the Donbass, in the area of the Village of Lugansk, a breeding of forces began . TV channel "Star", Russia. Date of treatment July 5, 2019.
- Gryzlov: OSCE data confirms the separation of forces at the Village of Lugansk . RT in Russian. Date of treatment July 5, 2019.
- General of the Armed Forces of Ukraine spoke about the situation near the Village of Lugansk . regnum.ru. Date of treatment July 5, 2019.