Kompaneevka ( Ukrainian: Kompanіїvka ) is an urban-type settlement, the district center of Kompaneevsky district of the Kirovograd region of Ukraine .
|History and geography|
|Timezone||UTC + 2 , in the summer UTC + 3|
|Population||4,478  people ( 2018 )|
|Telephone code||+380 5240|
|Car code||BA, ON / 12|
It is located on the Sugoklea River (the right tributary of the Ingul River)  .
The village Kompaneevka was founded in the second half of the XVIII century  .
Since the 1850s , Kompaneevka became the center of the eponymous volost of the Elizavetgrad district of the Kherson province of the Russian Empire . A paper mill was built here in the 1890s .
On January 30 (February 12), 1918, Soviet power was established in Kompaneevka  , but after this the village was occupied by Austro-German troops (who remained here until November 1918), and until January 1920 the village remained in the combat zone civil war .
In July 1933, the village became the center of the Odessa region  . July 21, 1933 the publication of the regional newspaper began here  .
During the Great Patriotic War from August 5, 1941 to March 15, 1944, the village was occupied by German troops , during the period of occupation in the village there was an underground district committee of the Communist Party (B) U, and a partisan detachment in the region  .
In 1953, a secondary school, the House of Culture and the MTS operated in the village of Kompaneevka  .
In 1965, Kompaneevka received the status of an urban-type settlement  .
In 1973, there was a brick factory, a food factory, a forest reclamation station and a veterinary college  .
In 1980, the population of the village was 5 thousand people, there was a feed mill, a poultry incubator station, a forest reclamation station, a raiselkhoztehnika, an inter-collective farm construction organization, a consumer services center, three secondary schools, a music school, a veterinary college, a hospital, a House of Culture and a library [ 2] .
In January 1989, the population size was5293 people  .
In May 1995, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine approved a decision on the privatization of the regional agricultural chemistry located here  .
As of January 1, 2013, the population was 4,544 people  .
The company’s main industrial potential is concentrated in Kompaneevka:
- CJSC Kompaneevsky feed mill
- OJSC Kompaneevskaya Agrochemistry
- Gas compressor station "Kirovogradskaya"
- Zhivanevsky granite quarry
- Sausage shop
- Company College of Veterinary Medicine
- Units of young traffic inspectors, a team of young Pilgrim firefighters and rescuers and a group of environmentalists work at Kompaneyevskaya secondary school of I-III levels . These children's organizations have existed for several years and have repeatedly been participants in regional and All-Ukrainian festivals and competitions. The GAI Class-3 team represented Ukraine at the competitions of young traffic inspectors among the CIS countries .
- Kompaneyevskaya incomplete secondary school (in the past - an eight-year school) provides nine-year incomplete secondary education.
- Kompaneyevsky interschool training and production plant .
- central district hospital .
In Kompaneevskaya children's music school 119 students are studying in five departments. Here 9 teachers teach children to play the piano , button accordion , accordion , wind instruments , guitar , as well as fine art choreography . Several creative teams have been created and are working at the school  .
In Kompaneevka there is a museum, a regional cultural center and a regional library with a book fund of about 26 thousand books (Parkovaya St., 14)  .
At the Kompaneevsky regional newspaper "Stepnoy Krai" the literary studio "Riders" operates (the head of the studio is Romanenko Petr Vladimirovich). In 2015, the first collection of works by contemporary artists of the steppe region published the literary almanac “The word is flying like a free bird ...”, dedicated to the 240th anniversary of the founding of Kompaneevka and the 50th anniversary of the restoration of Kompaneevsky district as an administrative-territorial center.
The village is located 31 km from the railway station Kirovo-Ukrainskoe  (on the Znamenka - Pomoshna line)  .
In the village were born:
- Freedom Victor Leontyevich (1925-1992) - Ukrainian translator, scientist, editor. One of the pseudonyms is Michael Brown.
- Sytnik Artyom Sergeevich (1979) - lawyer.
- number of the apparent population of Ukraine is 1 September 2018. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kyiv, 2018.
- Kompaneevka // Ukrainian Soviet Encyclopedia. Volume 5. Kiev, “Ukrainian Soviet Encyclopedia”, 1981. p. 234
- History of Kompaneevsky district. Kompaneevsky District State Administration Archived on November 6, 2009.
- No. 2861. The Lenin Banner // Chronicle of periodicals and continuing editions of the USSR 1986-1990. Part 2. Newspapers. M., "Book Chamber", 1994. p. 375
- Kompaneevka // Great Soviet Encyclopedia. / ed., Ch. ed. B. A. Vvedensky. 2nd ed. Volume 22. M., State Scientific Publishing House "Great Soviet Encyclopedia", 1953. p. 283
- Kompaneevka // Great Soviet Encyclopedia. / ed. A. M. Prokhorov. 3rd ed. volume 12. M., "Soviet Encyclopedia", 1973.
- All-Union Population Census of 1989. The urban population of the Union republics, their territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by sex
- Postanova Kabіnetu minіstrіv Ukrainy 34 343b vіd 15 of the grass 1995 p. "Perelіk ob'єkіv, scho pіdlyagayut obov'yazkovіy privatizatsі y 1995 rotsі"
- number of the apparent population of Ukraine on 1 September 2013. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kiev, 2013.
- Culture of Kompanievsky district. Kompaneevsky District State Administration Archived on February 5, 2005.
- Website of Kompaneevsky Centralized Library