Chernyakhov ( Ukrainian: Chernyakhіv ) is an urban-type settlement, the administrative center of the Chernyakhovsky district of the Zhytomyr region of Ukraine .
|History and Geography|
|Timezone||UTC + 2 , in summer UTC + 3|
|Population||9,435  people ( 2019 )|
|Telephone code||+380 4134|
|Car code||AM, KM / 06|
Chernyakhov is located 25 km north of the regional center - Zhytomyr , on the banks of the Ocheretyanka River  .
The village has been known since 1545, at that time there were 11 houses in it  .
At the turn of the XVI — XVII centuries. the village suffered many times during the clashes of Polish magnates: on September 26, 1584, Prince Koretsky surrounded a village with a detachment of 1,000 people, burned the mill with bread and stole cattle; in 1586, the prince of Ostrog took from the inhabitants of the village "200 carts with hay and other good"; in the summer of 1610, the gentry G. Pashkevich with a large detachment robbed the villagers and burned bread, and in January 1611 his detachment robbed the village for the second time and killed several people here  .
After the third division of the Commonwealth in 1797, Chernyakhov became part of the Radomyshl district of the Volyn province of the Russian Empire. In 1798, there were979 people and 171 yards  .
In the middle of the XIX century, the first industrial enterprises appeared here: in 1845, a cloth factory began to work, in 1853 a brewery and tannery  .
According to the first census of the population of the Russian Empire in February 1897, 3878 people lived here.
After the February Revolution on March 8, 1917, a volost Council of workers and peasants' deputies was created here  .
In January 1918, Soviet power was established here, but already at the end of February 1918 Chernyakhov was occupied by the advancing Austro-German troops , which remained here until the end of November 1918  . Later, during the civil war, power changed several times.
During the Soviet-Polish war on April 26, 1920, the volost was occupied by Polish troops, but on June 17, 1920 Chernyakhov was liberated by units of the 1st Cavalry Army of the Red Army  .
March 7, 1923 Chernyakhov became a district center, at that time there were 885 courtyards and 5523 residents, a seven-year school and library were operating  .
In 1929, the first collective farm was created here, in 1931 the MTS was created  .
During the Great Patriotic War from July 12, 1941 to November 11, 1943, the settlement was under German occupation . During the occupation, an underground Komsomol organization of 40 people operated in Chernyakhov, another 36 residents fought as part of Soviet partisan units  .
In 1956, a convoy factory was created on the basis of the Molot artel  .
In 1961, a regional branch of agricultural machinery was created on the basis of MTS  .
In 1984-1986 Chernyakhovsky bakery plant was built here.
In January 1989, the population was 10,378 people  .
In May 1995, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine approved the decision to privatize the regional branch of agricultural machinery located in the village  , and in July 1995, it allowed the privatization of the bakery  .
As of January 1, 2013, the population was 9801 people  .
Mozyr - Zhytomyr highway passes through the village, on the outskirts is the Gorbashi railway station  .
- Goldfarb, Yakov Lazarevich - chemist.
- Krysyuk, Arseny Petrovich (1916-1995) - Hero of the Soviet Union.
- Olevsky, Boris Abramovich (1908-1941) - Jewish Soviet writer.
- number of the explicit population of Ukraine on 1 September 2019 rock. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kiev, 2019.
- Chernyakhіv // History of Ukraine and Ukraine. Zhytomyr region. Kiev, Head editors of URE AN URSR, 1973.
- 1989 All-Union Population Census. Number of urban population of Union republics, their territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender
- " 3740714 Chernyakhіvske district office for virological and technical and material security of the state virological institution "
Postanova of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 343b vid 15 grass 1995 p. “Change of ownership, which is necessary to privatize privatization in 1995”
- Postanova of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 538 від 15 Липня 1995 р. “About the additional transfer of assets, which is necessary to privatize privatization in 1995”
- number of the explicit population of Ukraine on 1 September 2013. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kiev, 2013.