Baster is a 1988 comedy drama featuring musician Phil Collins , Julie Walters , Larry Lamb and Sheila Hancock in the lead roles. The soundtrack of the film became two Phil Collins singles, which eventually topped the charts of hundreds of the best singles . The film was nominated for an Oscar for Best Song “Two Hearts”.
|In the main|
|Film company||The movie group |
|A country||Great Britain|
Buster Edwards is a petty criminal from the East End of London in the 1960s. His long-suffering wife June thinks of him as a loving villain and cannot believe when he learns about his participation in the great robbery of a train (in 1963).
For several months after the robbery, Buster and June are on the run with their little daughter Nicky - until a vigilant neighbor calls the police . Then Buster escapes to Acapulco , where he meets the famous train robber Bruce Reynolds, who is also on the run and lives off his robberies.
June and Nicky come, despite her mother's disagreement, and it looks like Nicky likes her new life under the sun. June is not interested in such a life and she decides to return to England , although for Buster, return will mean imprisonment .
- Phil Collins - Buster Edwards
- Julie Walters - June Edwards
- Larry Lamb - Bruce Reynolds
- Stephanie Lawrence - Franny Reynolds
- Ellie Beaven - Nicky Evards
- Ralph Brown - Ronnie Biggs
- Christopher Allison - George
- Sheila Hancock - Mrs. Rothery
- Martin Jarvis - Inspector Jack Mitchell
- The film is based on real events that took place in England in 1963 .
- The film debuted as an actor rock singer Phil Collins .
- "Buster" on the Internet Movie Database
- “Buster” on Box Office Mojo