Khotmyzhsky district - an administrative-territorial unit of the Russian Empire . It was part of the Belgorod province ( 1727 - 1779 ), Kharkiv governorate ( 1780 - 1796 ) and the Kursk province ( 1802 - 1838 ). The district center was the city of Khotmyzhsk (now a village in the Borisov district of the Belgorod region ).
|A country||Russian empire|
|History and Geography|
|Date of formation||1727|
|Date of Abolition||1838|
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 References
- 4 Literature
The Khotmyzhsky district was created in 1727 and became a part of the newly formed Belgorod province . The county town was the city of Khotmyzhsk (one of the fortified cities of the Belgorod line , founded in 1640 ).
In 1779 , the Belgorod province was abolished, its territory was divided between the Kursk and Orel governorates, part was transferred to the Voronezh province , and another part, including the Khotmyzh district, was assigned to the Sloboda-Ukrainian province
In 1780 , the Sloboda-Ukrainian province was transformed into Kharkiv governorate . Khotmyzhsky district was a part of the Kharkov governorship until 1796 .
In 1796, the Sloboda-Ukrainian province was restored. The lands received in 1779 from the Belgorod province were transferred to the Kursk province . The Khotmyzh district was abolished, the city of Khotmyzhsk became part of the Belgorod district of the Kursk province.
In 1802 , the Khotmyzh district was restored and became part of the Kursk province.
Khotmyzhsk gradually lost its administrative and economic importance, therefore, in 1838 , the county center was moved to the dynamically developing city of Grayvoron (formed from the state-owned settlement of the same name), which, moreover, was located at the intersection of highways. Khotmyzhsky district was renamed to Grayvoronsky . Khotmyzhsk became a contiguous city as part of the Greyvoron district and remained so until 1928 (in 1928 it lost the status of a city and was transformed into a village).
- Topographic description of Kharkov governorship . - 3rd edition (Kharkov, 1888). - Moscow: Printing house of the Printing House Company, 1788. - 288 p.