Kristina Klein ( German: Christina Klein ; December 9, 1990 , Aachen ), known as LaFee , is a German pop-rock singer. Translated from French, La fée means "Fairy."
|Full name||Christina Klein|
|Date of Birth||December 9, 1990 (age 28)|
|Place of Birth|
|Years of activity||since 2004|
|Genres||Pop Rock , Alternative Rock , Pop|
Bravo Otto ( 2006 , 2007 )
[d] ( 2007 , 2008 )
[d] ( 2007 )
Kids' Choice Awards ( 2007 )
LaFee's first single, “Virus,” from her debut album, was released in 2006. "Virus" has reached 14th place in the German and Austrian charts. And her second single "Prinzesschen" ("Princess") reached 11th place in the German charts. “Was ist das?” (“What is this?”) And “Mitternacht” (“Midnight”) also held charts.
In 2009, the singer left her band and began a solo career. The musicians who performed under her name LaFee , meanwhile, changed the name of the group to Tief ( German Hurricane / Tsunami ) and began working with the new vocalist Jana Wall  , later changed their name to “ICE”, but, not Having received support (from fans, producers, etc.), they closed the project, and each went about his own business. The guys are in a warm relationship with LaFee, but they don’t keep in touch.
After a two-year break, the singer returned with a new logo, new music, a new group, a new hairstyle and a new style of clothing and began to win new fans and return old ones. Now she has again become one of the most popular performers in Germany. In August 2012, the singer appeared on the cover of Playboy magazine .  In September 2012, she terminated her contract with the label and changed her name to Tina LaFee.
The early years
Kristina Klein was born in the city of Stolberg (near Aachen , North Rhine-Westphalia ). Her father Bernd Klein is German, her mother Keriakulla is Greek  . Christina has an older brother Andreas.  
When she was nine years old, she began to send out her recordings to various television shows, more than once participated in various auditions  . In 2004, at the age of 13, she took part in the Kiddy Contest contest, where she performed the song “Handy”, a parody of the song “ Mandy ” by Barry Manilow . Then producer Bob Arntz noticed her.  
LaFee's first single, “ Virus, ” was released in 2006, at the same time as LaFee's debut album. "Virus" reached the 14th place on the charts in Germany and Austria. The second single - “ Prinzesschen ” (Princess), took 11th place on the German chart. The following singles - “ Was ist das ” and “ Mitternacht ” also hit the top 20 of Germany and Austria.  
Jetzt erst recht (2007)
The second album, Jetzt erst recht (Not Like It Before) was released on July 6, 2007. The first single, " Heul doch " ("Revie,") made it to Germany’s top 10 chart. The album went platinum in Germany and gold in Austria.
The second single from the album was “ Beweg dein Arsch ”, which took 21st place # 21 in Germany, and the third - the lyrical ballad “ Wer bin ich? ”(“ Who am I? ”), Which reached 25th place in Germany and 41th in Austria. As a result, LaFee received the Echo award in the nomination “Best Singer”, Bravo Gold Otto in the nomination “Best Pop Singer” and the Jetix Kids' Award for “Best Solo Performance”.
First English Album and Ring Frei (2008)
Shut Up , LaFee's first English album, was released in 2008. It included English versions of songs from the first two albums. The first single was “Shut up” - the English version of “ Heul Doch ”. In general, the album was the most unsuccessful in the career of LaFee and was sold in the amount of about 100,000 copies.
The first single “ Ring frei ” (“Fight Free”) from the album of the same name was released on November 21, 2008. The album reached 6th place in Germany, 2 in Austria and 21 in Sweden.  He received gold status in Austria.
Best Of - LaFee (2009)
A collection of best hits, Best Of - LaFee , was released in November 2009. The re-released version of the song “ Der Regen fällt ” (“It's raining”), the original version of which was on the Jetzt erst recht album, became the promotion. The song took only 94th place in Germany and did not hit the charts of Austria and Switzerland. The failure of the album led LaFee to terminate the contract with producer Bob Arntz and the band's musicians.
In early January 2010, guitarist Ricky Garcia announced the breakup of the band, or rather, the separation of the band from Christina. He also said that she would continue her career under the same pseudonym “LaFee”, but in the direction of pop music. 
Single “Ich bin” and Frei album (2011)
On June 4, 2011, LaFee returned to the stage and presented her new single “ Ich bin ” (“I”) at the Dome event, the single itself was released on June 10. LaFee appeared with a new image and music: she is a blonde with curls in the Afro style, pop becomes the dominant style in music. Frei's new album was released on August 19.  .
Style and Theme
Musically, LaFee mixes elements of heavy guitar rock and pop music. Her lyrics often touch on social issues: coercion, sexual abuse, lack of spirituality, marriage issues and relationships between children and parents, which led to lower radio broadcasts, but more popularity in youth publications such as Bravo. In some texts profanity is found.
At her performances, LaFee often appears in dark outfits and imitated tattoos. For this edition, The Frankfurter Rundschau characterized LaFee as "a mixture of Shakira and Gothic ." Since 2011, LaFee music has more electronic sound, but its lyrics are still harsh and touch upon big social problems, profanity is encountered.
- LaFee (2006)
- Jetzt erst recht (2007)
- Shut Up (2008)
- Ring Frei (2009)
- Frei (2011)
- Echo Nomination for Best National Video
- Echo Nomination for National Pop Rock Performer and Best Video
- Comet Nomination for National Performer and Best Video
- Echo Award for National Pop Rock Performer
- Golden Bravo Otto - Best Pop Rock Performer
- Viva Comet - nomination
- Jetix Kids awards - Best solo project
- Echo Award for National Pop Rock Performer
- Echo Award for Best Beginner Singer
- Silver Bravo Otto for Best Pop Singer
- Goldene Stimmgabel for the Most Photogenic Star of the Year
- Kids' Favorite Artist Award
- Jetix Kids' Award for Hot Singer
- Platinum - LaFee Album (Austria)
- Gold - LaFee album (Germany, Austria)
- Gold - DVD Secret Live
- Gold - album "Jetzt erst recht" (Germany, Austria)
- Eins Live Krone - Nomination
- Viva Comet - two nominations
- German National Library , Berlin State Library , Bavarian State Library , etc. Record # 132049635 // General regulatory control (GND)
- TIEF - Die offizielle Website (link unavailable)
- SCHAUT HER, ICH BIN EINE FRAU GEWORDEN Archived on September 23, 2013.
- MTV / Biographie / LaFee (German) . MTV.de. Date of treatment February 6, 2009. Archived March 12, 2012.
- "Pssst! Ganz geheim! LaFee privat, pg. 13, Popcorn , Issue Nr. 7, July 2008. (German)
- Lafee // Infos . EMImusic.de. Date of treatment February 6, 2009. Archived March 12, 2012.
- Krass, wie alles anfing, Bravo DE , Issue # 38, 2008. (German)
- Werkmeister, Meike, “Das Nr-1-Girl: Wie LaFee wirklick entdeckt wurde”, pg. 14, pg. 15 , Bravo DE . Issue # 30, 2006. (German)
- Chartverfolgung / LaFee / Longplay (German) . Musicline.de. Date of treatment February 5, 2009. Archived March 12, 2012.
- Discographie LaFee (German) . AustrianCharts.at. Date of treatment February 5, 2009. Archived March 12, 2012.
- Gold & Platin (German) . IFPI Austria. Date of treatment February 5, 2009. Archived February 25, 2012.
- Die Band verlässt LaFee (link unavailable) , lafee.de (Retrieved January 9, 2010)
- mit dem Ex-Teenie-Star LaFee Interview . Date of treatment May 29, 2011.
- lafee.de - official site of LaFee
- LaFee on the Internet Movie Database