The branch of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum of Modern Art in Abu Dhabi (Guggenheim Abu Dhabi Museum) is the designed branch of the world-famous American Museum of Modern Art Solomon R. Guggenheim . This museum will be located on the natural island of Saadiyat near Abu Dhabi and will be the fifth - largest - branch of the New York Museum  . This branch will be 12 times the size of its original  . The opening is planned for 2013  .
The President of the UAE and the Emir of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Khalifa Ibn Zayd Al-Nahyan, ordered to allocate 500 million euros to create a branch of the Museum of the New York Fund of Solomon Guggenheim. The area of the museum will be 45 thousand square meters  . It will be the largest in area of all five Guggenheim museums. Some experts consider the Guggenheim Museum under construction in Abu Dhabi the first serious museum of modern art in the Arab world  .
The museum will be built by Frank Gehry  .
The Guggenheim Museum in Abu Dhabi will have its own collection of works of art, but other fund museums will periodically send masterpieces from their collections to the exposition in Abu Dhabi.
- Abu Dhabi invites tenders for Guggenheim museum construction // AFP, October 12, 2010
- Shkurkina I. Louvre in the sand // Spark. - 2011. - Jan 17
- Dyakonov V. In Helsinki, they plan to build a branch of the Guggenheim Museum // Kommersant. - 2011. - Jan 19
- Makarychev M. Louvre in the desert // Russian newspaper. - 2008. - Apr 3
- Revzin G. , Khvostik E. Middle East Guggenheim. Frank Gehry will build a new museum in Abu Dhabi // Kommersant. - 2006. - July 11.