The National Philharmonic named after Sergey Lunkevich ( Mold. Filarmonica Națională „Serghei Lunchevici” ) is a Moldavian concert organization working in Chisinau .
It was created as the Moldavian State Philharmonic Society in Chisinau in 1940 with the aim of promoting musical creativity and performing skills. Symphonic music, choral, pop music and choreographic ensembles work under the Philharmonic Hall, as well as such well-known creative groups as the Moldavian Symphony Orchestra, the Doina Academic Choir Chapel, the Flurash Folk Music Orchestra, the Zhok Academic Folk Dance Ensemble, and the Zhok Folk Dance Ensemble music " Lautarius " and others.
The Philharmonic organizes tours for soloists and groups around the country and abroad. In Soviet times, the number of concerts reached 4 thousand per year. The Philharmonic also contributes to the organization of tours of foreign art groups in Moldova, conducts educational, musical and educational activities among schoolchildren, organizing thematic concerts, meetings and art evenings. Concerts of philharmonic societies are held in the Big and Small Concert Halls, the Organ Hall , and in the Oktombrie Palace.
In 2003 , the Moldavian Philharmonic was named after Sergey Alexandrovich Lunkevich .
The building of the Philharmonic is located at the address: Chisinau, str. Metropolitan Varlaam, 78. It was reconstructed in 1960–62. under the guidance of architect V. Wojciechowski. The main entrance is decorated with a remote 6-column portico, giving the building expressiveness and solemnity.
- Kishinev. Encyclopedia. - Chisinau: Main Edition of the Moldavian Soviet Encyclopedia, 1984. - P. 502-503.