“Clash of the Titans” ( Clash of the Titans ) - 1981 feature film , an adventure film made by the United States , directed by Desmond Davis . The main roles in this film were played by Laurence Olivier , Harry Hamlin , Ursula Andress and Maggie Smith .
|Clash of the Titans|
|Clash of the titans|
|Genre||action movie |
|In the main|
|Harry Hamlin |
|Film company||Warner bros |
|Budget||15 million $|
- 1 plot
- 1.1 Differences between the film and the myth
- 2 Cast
- 3 Interesting Facts
- 4 notes
- 5 Links
The film is a free adaptation of ancient Greek myths . Perseus , the mortal son of Zeus , must save his beloved - the beautiful Andromeda - from a powerful spell. Perseus has helpers - a beautiful winged horse and a remarkably smart owl Bubbo, created by Hephaestus on the orders of Athena .
Movie Differences from Myth
- In the film, Andromeda has a fiancé, Perseus' jealous rival - Tsarevich Kalib (Kalibos), who eventually turns into a monster. In the myth of this character, they called Phineus and he was turned to stone by Medusa Gorgona during the marriage of Perseus to Andromeda.
- In the film, Andromeda should be sacrificed to Kraken , who is actually a character not of Greek, but of Scandinavian mythology. In the myth, instead of the Kraken, there is a sea monster, a gigantic fish or (in other versions) a dragon.
- Kraken and Medusa Gorgon are named the last of the titans in the film. The myth does not say this.
- According to the myth, Pegasus is the horse of Bellerophon , and not Perseus. In the film, Pegasus is the last of the herd of winged horses of Zeus.
- The Bubbo Owl is only in the film, but not in the myth.
- In the film, the Gorgon Medusa lived in Hades , so the two-headed dog, apparently Cerberus or Orff, blocked the path to it. In myth, she lived on an island with two jellyfish sisters, and the dog was gone.
- According to the film, the Nereid Thetis lives on Olympus, and she has a son, Kalibos. In myths, Thetis was married to a mortal and had an only son, Achilles .
- According to myths, Cassiopeia stated that her daughter is more beautiful than all Nereids, in the film that it is more beautiful than Thetis.
- In the film from the blood of the Medusa Gorgon , giant scorpions were born, in myths - snakes.
- Lawrence Olivier - Zeus
- Harry Hamlin - Perseus
- Ursula Andress - Aphrodite
- Maggie Smith - Thetis
- Judy Bauker - Andromeda
- Burgess Meredith - Ammon
- Claire Bloom - Hera
- Shan Phillips - Cassiopeia
- Flora Robson - Styx
- Tim Pigott Smith - Fallo
- Neil McCarthy - Calibos
- Susan Fleetwood - Athena
- Anna Menahan - Styx
- Freda Jackson - Styx
- Jack Gwillim - Poseidon
- Pat Roach - Hephaestus
- Donald Houston - Acrisius
- Vida Taylor - Danae
- There are discrepancies regarding the country of production of the film: the United States points to IMDb , and the United Kingdom points to many other sources. This is due to the fact that most of the actors are British, and the studios that were filming were located in the United States.
- Special effects in the film were created by master Ray Harrihausen .
- Another version of the film, which largely uses the plot moves and artistic solutions of the 1981 film, was released under the same name in 2010 by director Louis Leterrier with Sam Worthington , Gemma Arterton , Liam Neeson and Rafe Fiennes in the lead roles.
- Clash of the Titans on the Internet Movie Database