Project 1240 small rocket ships (code “Hurricane”) is a type of small rocket ships on hydrofoils.
|Small rocket ships project 1240 "Hurricane"|
|Displacement||342 tons (standard)|
426 (432) t (full)
|Length||56.6 m (highest)|
49.8 (without steering columns)
43 m (on the water line )
|Width||10.17 m (highest)|
9 m (on KVL)
21,14 (on wings)
|Draft||2.2-2.35 m (on the go with a PC)|
2.8 m (with raised PCs)
8.2 m (with lowered PCs)
|Engines||diesel - gas turbine:|
2 GTD M-10 (based on NK-12)
2 diesel engines M-401 (DRA-211) of low speed
3 gas turbine generator GTG-100
2 diesel generator DG-100
|Power||2x18,000 l. with.|
2x1100 l. with.
|Mover||4 screws tandem circuit|
on 2 lowered columns
2 small water cannons
|Travel speed||57-60 knots (highest)|
45-50 (cruising on PC)
36 knots (economical on PC)
8.5 knots (low speed)
|Navigation range||700 miles (at 45 knots)|
1250 miles (at 36 knots)
1500 miles (at 8.5 knots)
|Autonomy swimming||5 days|
|Crew||34 people (of which 7 officers)|
|Radar weapons||1 x radar " Dubrava " (MCU PKR)|
1 x 4R33 (Osa-M ZRK)
1 x Radar MR-123 "Vympel" (ZAK AK-630)
1 x no data
|Flak||1x6 30mm ZAK AK-630|
|Missile weapons||2x2 PU PKR P-120 “Malachite”|
(Ammunition 4 PKR 4K85)
1x2 PU ZIF-122 ZRK 4K33 Osa-M
(Ammunition 20 Zour 9M33M)
Ship design on deeply submerged automatically controlled hydrofoils was started at TsKB-5 (Almaz Central Securities and Design Bureau) in 1964 (chief designer V. M. Burlakov ). In the process of work, the passenger vessel “Typhoon” was built as a semi-natural model. [approx. 1] 
The MRK-5 was founded in 1972  , launched at the Leningrad Primorsky Plant in 1973, and was put to the test in 1976. It was commissioned on December 30, 1977, in the Baltic. After completion of tests on inland waterways transferred to the Black Sea. November 24, 1979, arrived in Sevastopol and was included in the 166th division of the 41st brigade of missile boats on the Black Sea.
Underwater wings were made of titanium alloy . The main power plant consisted of two gas turbine engines of 18,000 hp each. The maximum speed of the "Hurricane" is 60 knots.
Excluded from the Navy in 1990 and transferred to OFI for disarmament, dismantling and implementation. In 1992, sank after a fire in Streletskaya Bay, was later raised and cut into metal in Sevastopol.
The ship MRK-5 of project 1240 was commanded:
- Captain 3rd Rank V. M. Dolgikh
- Lieutenant V.E. Kuzmichev
- Captain 3rd Rank E. V. Vanyukhin
- Lieutenant N.A. Goncharov.
- The idea of a missile carrier on underwater wings was born when the country was headed by N. S. Khrushchev. It was originally planned to embody the idea in the ship of the project 1234 , built in the 1970s and originally called the project 1234 PK, that is, the project 1234 on hydrofoils. See: Asanin, Vladimir. Missiles of the domestic fleet. Part 4. Water strike. // Technique and weapons yesterday, today, tomorrow: magazine. - 2009. - № 6 . - p . 17 .
References and sources
- Small rocket ship MRK-5 . Page about the ship of the Black Sea Fleet . The appeal date is April 12, 2010. Archived March 11, 2012.
- The world's first rocket boats and small rocket ships . History CMDB "Almaz" . Official site of the Almaz Central Securities and Design Bureau . Old version. The appeal date is April 12, 2010. Archived on March 12, 2012.