Nikolai Aleksandrovich Morozov (born December 17, 1975 ) - a coach and choreographer in figure skating , a former skater who performed in ice dancing . Honored Coach of Russia and Ukraine . [one]
|Figure skating coach|
|Date of Birth||December 17, 1975 (43 years old)|
|Place of Birth||Moscow|
|Specialization||Male and female|
|Famous students||She-Lynn Bourne|
and Victor Kraatz
Grushin and Goncharov
Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov
- 1 Sports career
- 2 Career Coach
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Awards and titles
- 5 Sports Achievements
- 6 See also
- 7 notes
- 8 References
Morozov’s sports biography is somewhat unusual. Until the age of 17, he was engaged in single skating in a group with Viktor Kudryavtsev . Then he went into dancing . When the USSR Figure Skating Federation collapsed with the Soviet Union, the coaches got the opportunity to take their students to international competitions as part of the federations of newly formed states, so Nikolai Morozov began to speak with Olga Pershankova for Azerbaijan . With her, they became 21st at the 1994 World Cup . Soon Morozov returns to Russia and begins to play for Russia together with Ekaterina Gvozdkova. Then he again made the transition and was in the team of Belarus in tandem with Tatyana Navka , with whom he became 16th at the 1998 Olympics . Then his coach Natalya Linichuk decides to pair Navka with Roman Kostomarov , and Morozov paired up with Roman's former partner Ekaterina Davydova and leaves for Tatyana Tarasova . Moreover, both pairs formed are already Russian. However, soon the couple with Davydova breaks up, and Morozov decides to end his sports career.
After leaving amateur sports in 1999, Nikolai Morozov began working as an assistant coach with Tatyana Tarasova and Alexei Yagudin . It was he who put the program “Winter” to Yagudin, with which Alexey won the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City . Nikolai worked with Tarasova with Isabelle Delobel - Olivier Schonfelder , Sasha Cohen , Shizuka Arakawa .
In 2003, the duet broke up with Tarasova, after it turned out that Morozov had set up the program for Michelle Kwan , while Tarasova coached Kwan's main rival, Sasha Cohen. After a split with Tarasova, Morozov began to set programs for everyone. His clients were Michelle Kwan , Takeshi Honda , Brian Joubert , Elena Grushina - Ruslan Goncharov , Daisuke Takahashi , Miki Ando , She-Lynn Bourne - Victor Kraatz and others.
Morozov was officially married twice (according to some sources, three times). From his ex-wife, a French skater, Caroline Douarin ( French: Caroline Douarin ), he has a daughter - Annabelle Nicole ( French Annabelle Nicole ), born in 2001, also a skater. From August 2005 to July 2007 he was married to She-Lynn Bourne .
Once again, he married a Russian figure skater Vasilisa Davankova in May 2016 .
Awards and titles
- The Order of Merit for the Fatherland, IV degree ( March 24, 2014 ) - for his great contribution to organizing the preparation and holding of the XXII Olympic and XI Paralympic Winter Games in 2014 in Sochi and ensuring the successful performance of Russian national teams . 
- On March 16, 2006, by the Decree of the President of Ukraine No. 227/2006 “On awarding state awards of Ukraine to members of the national team of Ukraine at the XX Winter Olympic Games”, Mykola Morozov, for training bronze medalists of the XX Winter Olympic Games in Turin R. Goncharov and E. Grushina, awarded the honorary title "Honored Worker of Physical Culture and Sports of Ukraine". 
(With T. Navka for Belarus)
|Winter Olympic Games||16|
|Championships of Belarus||one||one|
|Karl Schaefer Memorial||one|
(with O. Pershankova for Azerbaijan)
- Figure Skating at the 1998 Winter Olympics - ice dancing
- Nikolai Aleksandrovich Morozov - Nikolai Morozov - Personalities
- Awarded with state awards of the Russian Federation
- Decree of the President of Ukraine No. 227/2006 “On awarding state awards of Ukraine to members of the national team of Ukraine at the XX Winter Olympic Games” Archived on May 3, 2009.