“The Accused” ( English The Accused / fr. Appel à la justice , 1988 ) - a Canadian - American film - a drama of American film director Jonathan Kaplan with Jodie Foster and Kelly McGillis in the lead roles. For the best performance of the leading role, Jodie Foster was awarded the Oscar film award, which became her first. The film also received 4 more film awards.
|Producer||Sherry Lansing |
Stanley R. Juff
|In the main|
|Kelly McGillis |
|Film company||" Paramount Pictures "|
|Budget||$ 6 million ( estimate )|
|A country|| USA - |
"The first scream was for help. The second is for justice. ”
(The first cry was for help. The second was for justice.)
The heroine of this film, Sarah Tobias, tells her terrible story to Attorney Catherine Murphy. Sarah was mercilessly raped by three men in a bar. And although there were about twenty rape witnesses, criminals are sentenced only to a short term for hooliganism.
This court decision was based on the conclusion of the investigation, which alleged that Sarah herself provoked the accused to violence. At the request of the girl, Murphy begins to re-investigate the circumstances of this strange case. Now the prosecutor has to find out: what really happened on that terrible evening in the bar? And finding out, prove the guilt of rapists.
- Jodie Foster - Sarah Tobias
- Kelly McGillis - Katherine Murphy , Deputy Attorney
- Leo Rossi - Cliff "Scorpio" Albrekt
- Bernie Coulson - Ken Joyce
- Ann Hearn - Sally Fraser
- Carmen Argenziano - D.A. Paul Rudolph
- Steve Antin - Bob Joyner
- Tom O'Brien - Larry
- Peter Van Norden - Attorney Paulsen
- Terry David Mulligan - Lieutenant Duncan
- Woody Brown - Danny
- Scott Paulin - Attorney Wonright
- Kim Kondrashoff - Kurt
- Steven E. Miller - Polito
- Tom Heaton - Bartender Jess
- Andrew Kavadas - accused Matt Haines
- Tom McBeath - accused Stu Holloway
Film crew and production
- Director: Jonathan Kaplan
- Screenwriter: Tom Topor
- Producers: Sherry Lansing , Stanley R. Jaffe
- Operator: Ralf D. Bode
- Set Designer: Richard Kent Wilcox
- Composer: Brad Fiedel
- Editing: O. Nicholas Brown, Gerald B. Greenberg
- Cast: Sally Dennison, Julie Selzer
- Art Editor: Sheila Haley
- Scenery: Barry W. Brolly
- Costume Designer: Trish Keating
Production and rental of Paramount Pictures . On video and DVD, the film was released by a division of the company - Paramount Home Video in 1989 and 2002, respectively.
Prizes and nominations
- 1988 - US National Film Critics Award for Best Actress (Jodie Foster)
- 1989 - Academy Award for Best Actress (Jodie Foster)
- 1989 - Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Drama (Jodie Foster)
- 1989 - David Di Donatello Prize for Best Foreign Actress (Jodie Foster)
- 1989 - Kansas Film Critics Association Award for Best Actress (Jodie Foster)
- 1989 - New York Film Critics Association Award for Best Actress (Jodie Foster, 2nd place)
- 1989 - Chicago Film Critics Association Award nomination for Best Actress (Jodie Foster)
- 1989 - Nomination for the Golden Bear Award at the Berlin Film Festival for Best Director (Jonathan Kaplan)
- 1990 - BAFTA Award nomination for Best Actress (Jodie Foster)
Total fees in the United States amounted to $ 32 million. 
- " The Accused ” on the Internet Movie Database
- Information about the film on the site of fans of J. Foster . - 10.26.2008.
- Information about the film on the AllStars website . - 10.26.2008.
- Information about the film on the site Film.ru. - 10.26.2008.