Yautepec de Zaragoza ( Spanish: Yautepec de Zaragoza ) is the city and administrative center of the municipality of Yautepec in the Mexican state of Morelos . The population according to the 2010 census was 42,731 people.
|Jautepec de Zaragoza|
|Yautepec de zaragoza|
|The mayor||Umberto Segura Guerrero (☎) |
|History and Geography|
|Center height||1210 m|
|Timezone||UTC − 6|
|Population||42 731  people ( 2010 )|
|Telephone code||+52 735|
The name Yautepec comes from the Nahuatl language and can be translated as: marble hill .
In 1496, Montezuma II conquers the ancient Yautepec, but amazed by the local beauties, in 1505 establishes the residence of the same name for recreation nearby, and orders it to be planted with all kinds of plants from different regions of America.
In 1569, the efforts of Fry Bernardo Alvarez in the city opened the hospital of the Holy Cross - the second largest in America  .