San Pedro Cholula ( Spanish: San Pedro Cholula ) - a municipality in Mexico , part of the state of Puebla . The population is 120,424 people.
|San pedro cholula|
|San pedro cholula|
|History and Geography|
|Square||76.3  km²|
|Center height||2220 m|
|Population||120,424 people ( 2010 )|
on the map
The administrative center of the municipality is the city of Cholula, officially called Cholula de Rivadabia (option - Cholula de Rivadavia).
The Great Pyramid of Cholula
Cholula - a former Native American city, famous for the pyramid of the classical period of Mesoamerica , known as the Great Pyramid of Cholula or Tlachiualtepetl (Nahuatl - "man-made mountain"), which is the largest pyramid in America in volume; length and width of the base 450 m, height 66 m, on its top a church of the Blessed Virgin Comforter ( Spanish Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de los Remedios ), 1554 , was rebuilt in 1874 ; Monastery of San Gabriel, church - 1549 - 52 years.
Located west of Puebla ( Spanish: Puebla ). There is a version that this is one of the ancient Tula (Tol; ancient Tollans ).
It was in Cholula in 1562 - 1563 that the Aztec handwritten Codex of Telleriano-Remensis was compiled  .
Carved cross in the courtyard of the monastery
In the central square of the city
Interior of the Church of the Blessed Virgin Comforter
- Municipality information on the state website (link not available)
- Presbyter Juan; Antonio Perez; fry Pedro de los Rios (glosses). Codex Telluriano-Remensis . www.kuprienko.info. - Ukraine, Kiev, 2010. Translation from Spanish - A. Skromnitsky, V. Talah. Date of treatment November 11, 2012. Archived December 5, 2012.
- Maza F. de la, La ciudad de Cholula in sus iglesias, Mekh., 1959.
- Municipality boundaries on the state website (select S and San Pedro Cholula in the alphabet)
- Cholula (Mexico)
- Mexico, Cholula. The Great Pyramid of Tepanapa.
- Photogallery of the pyramid of Tepanapa (Cholula)
- Alva Ishtlilshochitl, Fernando de . The history of the Chichimec people, their settlement and justification in the country of Anahuak. .www.kuprienko.info (March 22, 2010). - Per. with Spanish - V. Talah, Ukraine, Kiev, 2010. Date of treatment March 23, 2010. Archived August 23, 2011.