“Images” or “Video” ( English Images ) is a psychological thriller by American director Robert Altman , released in 1972 . The premiere took place as part of the competition program of the Cannes Film Festival . The film uses excerpts from Suzanne York ’s children's book, Searching for Unicorns.
|Robert Altman (script) |
Susanne York (BOOK)
|In the main|
|Suzanne York |
|Film company||Columbia Pictures , Hemdale Film, Lion's Gate Films|
|Budget||about 807 thousand $|
|A country|| United Kingdom |
- 1 plot
- 2 Cast
- 3 Awards and nominations
- 4 References
A married couple comes to their country house, located in a picturesque and remote place from civilization. The husband is in a good mood and does not pay attention to the fact that something strange is happening to his wife. She sees the ghost of a former lover who died several years ago in a plane crash. Moreover, soon the image of her other lover, who lives nearby with a 12-year-old daughter, begins to appear to her. A woman wants to get rid of obsessive visions, but this only leads to tragic results ...
- Susanne York - Katherine
- Rene Oberjonois - Hugh
- Marcel Bozzucci - Renee
- Hugh Millay - Marseille
- Katherine Harrison - Suzanne
- John Morley - Old Man
Awards and nominations
- 1972 - Prize for Best Actress at the Cannes Film Festival (Susanne York).
- 1973 - Oscar nomination for Best Original Music (John Williams).
- 1973 - BAFTA Award nomination for Best Cinematography (Wilmos Gigmond).
- 1973 - nomination for the Golden Globe Award for the best English-language foreign film.
- 1973 - Nominated for the US Scriptwriters Guild Award for Best Original Drama (Robert Altman).
- Images on the Internet Movie Database
- Images on allmovie