The Dirty Dozen is an American feature film directed by Robert Aldrich , released in 1967 . Screen adaptation of the novel by .
|The dirty dozen|
|Nannelli Johnson |
|In the main|
|Charles Bronson |
|Composer||Frank De Wal|
|Film company||MGM , MKH, Seven Arts Productions|
|A country|| USA |
- 1 plot
- 2 Cast
- 3 Awards and nominations
- 4 Impact on culture
- 5 Links
In the spring of 1944, the Allied army prepared for the opening of a second front . Before D-Day, US military intelligence is developing a secret operation, the execution of which, in exchange for an amnesty, entrusts twelve criminals sentenced to death or life imprisonment.
- Lee Marvin - Major John Raysman
- Ernest Borgnine - Major General Worden
- Charles Bronson - Joseph Vladislav
- Jim Brown - Robert T. Jefferson
- John Cassavetes - Victor R. Franco
- Richard Jackel - Sergeant Clyde Bauren
- George Kennedy - Major Max Armbruster
- Trini Lopez - Pedro Himines
- Ralph Meeker - Captain Stuart Kinder
- Robert Ryan - Colonel Everett Desher Brid
- Telly Savalas - Archer J. Maggott
- Donald Sutherland - Vernon L. Pinkley
- Clint Walker - Samson Posey
- Robert Webber - Brigadier General Denton
Awards and nominations
- 1967 - Gold Medal of Photoplay Magazine
- 1968 - Oscar for best sound effects (John Poiner), as well as three nominations: best supporting actor (John Cassavetes), best editing (Michael Luciano), best sound
- 1968 - Eddie Award from the American Association of Editors for Best Feature Film Editing (Michael Luciano)
- 1968 - three Laurel Awards : Best Actor (Lee Marvin), Best Supporting Actor (Jim Brown), Best Action / Drama; as well as a nomination for a prize to the best supporting actor (John Cassavetes)
- 1968 - Nominated for the Directors Guild of America Award for Best Director of a Feature Film (Robert Aldrich)
- 1968 - Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor (John Cassavetes)
- The film caused the appearance of several sequels and imitations, which are usually inferior to the original. These include, for example, the Chinese Deadly strike, in which Bruce Lai played the main role, and American Tigers, in which Cynthia Rothrock played. Also in 1987, the movie sequel “The Dirty Dozen: The Deadly Mission ” was released. In the role of the group commander, Major Wright, Telly Savalas starred.
- The Dirty Dozen concept formed the basis of the Suicide Squad comic book series in the DC Comics universe , which was filmed in 2016. The heroes of the series are supervillains of this universe, under the threat of death, forced to execute orders of the US government.
- In the gaming universe of Warhammer 40,000, there is the 13th Penalty Legion, under the command of Colonel Schaffer. It is equipped with war criminals, who are given a chance to atone for their part by taking part in suicidal missions. This unit was also available as an extension for the Imperial Guard game race, in some scenarios of the old board game codes. Starting with version 5 of the code, it is no longer supported.
- The castle, where Major Raisman's group performs the task, is reproduced almost to the details of interiors and rooms in the American campaign of the computer game Call of Duty , in a mission in the Chateau.
- The Dirty Dozen on the Internet Movie Database
- Dirty Dozen on allmovie