“Fire Birds” , also known as “Wings of Apache” ( Eng. Fire Birds / Wings of the Apache ) - a 1990 film with Nicolas Cage in the title role.
|In the main|
|Nicolas Cage |
Tommy Lee Jones
|Film company||Touchstone pictures|
Critics did not appreciate the film, calling it a mediocre variation on the theme of the more popular and successful “ Best Shooter ” with Tom Cruise  .
The US Army helps a friendly regime in one of the countries of South America to fight drug cartels. Pilots from the Iron Curtain countries, led by Devar Proctor , who have a lot of downed American helicopters in their personal account, work for the drug lords.
To suppress the enemy, the Americans are planning to use AH-64 Apache helicopters. For this, a whole group of pilots undergo a special training course. Among the favorites is Jake Preston , personifying the tough and arrogant pilot. That he will play a major role in the decisive air battle for a just cause.
- Nicolas Cage - Jake Preston
- Tommy Lee Jones - Brad Little
- Sean Young - Billy Lee Guthrie
- In the UK, the film is named Wings of the Apache , but the DVD cover in this country (released in April 2007) combines titles ( Firebirds with a much smaller font size located above Wings of the Apache ). 
- The film is also renamed in the following countries:
Argentina Aguilas de fuego Canada Oiseaux de feu Finland Tulilinnut Germany Air Borne - Flügel aus Stahl Hungary Tuzmadarak Italy Apache pioggia di fuoco Poland Ogniste ptaki Portugal Apaches, Asas Indomáveis Spain Pajaros de fuego Spain ( Catalonia ) Ocells de foc
- AH-64 "Apache" - the main combat helicopter of the US Army.
- OH-58D Kiowa Warrior - helicopter reconnaissance and target designation. On it flies the heroine Sean Yang.
- Boeing MD500 Defender - prototype helicopter of the main enemy (fictional helicopter Scorpion Attack ).
- Saab Draken is a type of fighter jet used in the film.
- " Fire Birds " on the Internet Movie Database