“Moon-44” ( born Moon 44 ) is a 1990 science fiction film directed by Roland Emmerich . The slogan of the film: "It is forbidden to show in 2038."
|Producer||Roland Emmerich |
|Oliver Aberley |
|In the main|
|Michael Pare |
|Operator||Karl Walter Lindenlaub|
|Film company||Centropolis entertainment |
|Budget||DM 7,000,000 |
Future. By 2038, the natural resources on Earth were exhausted. Transnational corporations have taken control of the entire universe. A new type of war is raging in the world. The competing companies are fighting fiercely for planets that produce invaluable raw materials.
Three of the four planets of the mining company Galaxy Mining (Galactic Mining corp.) Captured by competitors. The loss of expensive cargo shuttles is especially sensitive. In order to protect the last planet (“Moon-44”), the board of directors is reviving the previously folded air defense program. The most difficult weather conditions and the threat of attack frighten off professional pilots, which is why the company “hires” prisoners, who in their time were related to aviation. Dispatchers are prepared from young people with rich experience in computer games. Relations between the first and second immediately heat up, which in the end leads to tragedy.
Another concern of the company is the disappearance of cargo ships. The official reason is a computer error, but one of the new dispatchers reports that the shuttles were actually stolen. To understand this, a security agent, Felix Stone, is sent to the planet as a prisoner. He finds out that one of the employees is engaged in the theft of ships, but he realizes that in fact this is the station's chief, Major Lee.
When the planet is attacked by enemy fighters, the major withdraws the ships, without waiting for the evacuation of the crew. Holding back the onslaught of the enemy, Stone discovers the last shuttle. One of the prisoners and his dispatcher, at the cost of their lives, provide people with a safe escape. Survivors return to Earth.
- Michael Pare - Felix Stone, Undercover Security Agent
- Dean Devlin - Tyler, Dispatcher
- Brian Thompson - Jake O'Neill, Pilot Prisoner
- Lisa Eichorn - Terry Morgan, General Manager
- Malcolm MacDowell - Major Lee, Station Manager
- Leon Rippy - Sergeant Sykes, Overseer Instructor
- Stephen Jeffries - Cookies, Dispatcher
- Mehmed Yilmaz - Mark, dispatcher
- John March - Mus Haggerty, pilot prisoner
- Jochen Nickel - Scooter Bailey, pilot prisoner
- Roscoe Lee Brown - Chairman of the Board of Directors, Galaxy Mining (uncredited)