The Institute of Architecture and Construction ( Volgograd State Technical University ) is a structural unit of one of the largest universities in the Volgograd Region , the Volgograd State Technical University Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education ( Volgograd State Technical University ).
|Institute of Architecture and Construction VolgSTU|
( IAIS Volgograd State Technical University )
|International name||Volgograd State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (VSUACE)|
|Former names||Stalingrad Institute of Urban Engineers|
Volgograd Institute of Urban Engineers
Volgograd Civil Engineering Institute
Volgograd Academy of Architecture and Civil Engineering
Volgograd State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering
|Year of foundation||1951|
|Year of reorganization||2003|
2015-2016, in the form of a merger with Volgograd State Technical University
|director||Stefanenko Igor Vladimirovich|
|Students||more than 8,000|
|Graduate school||(see admission rules)|
|Legal address||st. Academic, 1|
The birth of the Stalingrad Construction Institute was preceded by an important, fundamental event: the city was preparing to launch the first-born of the five-year plan - the tractor plant (STZ), the laying of which took place as early as 1926. Stalingrad finally turned into the largest modern industrial center in the Lower Volga region . In government circles, in this regard, the idea of organizing the largest technical college in the region, which was to become a forge of industrial personnel, was intensively developed. This role was assigned to the Stalingrad Institute of Mechanical Engineering, in which it was also planned to create a special urban planning department. However, the scope of industrial and housing construction turned out to be higher than expected, so plans had to be clarified: instead of one technical university, the Supreme Economic Council of the USSR decided to establish two: the Stalingrad Tractor-Building Institute (later called the Polytechnic) Institute; Stalingrad Construction Institute.
The latter was deployed on the basis of the building faculty of the created mechanical (tractor) institute. The first classes of students of the Stalingrad Construction Institute began on October 1, 1930 in the building of the former school named after Darwin (before the revolution - the 2nd female gymnasium, now - school number 83) on the street to them. Lenin , house 31. October 25, 1930 in the theater. In Stalingrad, the Profintern hosted the grand opening of the educational and construction plant; it included, in addition to the Stalingrad Construction Institute, designed for 1,500 students, a construction college for 2,500 people and a work school.
At the beginning of 1933 , in conditions of economic difficulties (interruptions in the work of STZ), there was a reduction in higher and secondary educational institutions, labor schools, etc. At the suggestion of Rabkrin, the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR decided to revise the network of educational institutions. In particular, on February 13, 1933 , an order was signed (No. 139) on the People’s Commissariat of Heavy Industry, according to which the Stalingrad Construction Institute (like Rostov) was liquidated. Classes and equipment were transferred to the Gorky Construction Institute, and the contingent of students of senior universities was transferred to other universities.
The construction university resumed its work only in 1952, 20 years later. Its new name was the Stalingrad Institute of Urban Engineers. The university has had three faculties for many years:
- construction with a specialty "Urban construction and economy";
- plumbing with specialties "Heat supply and ventilation" and "Water supply and sewerage" (since 1954)
- road with a specialty “Highways and city roads” (the faculty was legally registered in 1955
Since 1975 , the university was called the Volgograd Institute of Civil Engineering, and another 20 years later it was renamed the Volgograd Academy of Architecture and Civil Engineering. University status was assigned in October 2003.
- October 1930 - February 1933 - Stalingrad Construction Institute;
- December 1951 - 1961 - Stalingrad Institute of Engineers of Municipal Economy;
- 1961 - 1975 - Volgograd Institute of Urban Economics Engineers (GORKoz reduction is used among students to this day);
- 1975 - 1995 - Volgograd Civil Engineering Institute;
- 1995 - October 2003 - Volgograd State Academy of Architecture and Civil Engineering;
- October 2003 - January 2016 - Volgograd State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering.
- January 2016 - present time - Institute of Architecture and Construction of Volgograd State Technical University.
It was reorganized in 2015 by order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation of October 28, 2015 No. 1231 “On the Reorganization of the Volgograd State Technical University” Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education and the Volgograd State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education “In the form of joining VolgSTU VolgGASU as a structural sub division. "  Since January 2016, it has been part of the Volgograd State Technical University.
One of the most significant VolgGASU projects in the field of international activity is a German-language educational project in accordance with the cooperation agreement with the Higher Professional School in Cologne , Germany . The result of the training is the receipt of two diplomas by students: VolgGASU and the Higher School of Economics in Cologne.
The second major joint project is the university’s contract with Michigan State University . As part of this project, the Volgograd section of the Michigan branch of the International Institute of Transport Engineers was created.
Volgograd State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering has been collaborating with the University of Michigan (MSU), USA for about 15 years.
As part of a cooperation agreement with the University of Michigan, in 1999 the Volgograd section of the Michigan branch of the International Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) was created, which continues to this day. To date, 41 VolgGASU students are members of this section. At the annual competition of articles among Russian students included in the ITE student section, our students regularly win prizes.
Since 2002, William Taylor, a professor at the University of Michigan, has regularly lectured in English on road safety for students at the Institute of Transportation Construction.
Since 2000, the American side has been implementing the program “Study Abroad” at VolgGASU. Every year, a group of students of various specialties from the University of Michigan arrives at VolgGASU for the summer semester. In addition to classes in the specialty, American students study Russian language and culture, visit historical and cultural monuments, museums and theaters.
Recently, the number of courses that American students can take at VolgGASU has significantly increased. In 2008, American, Canadian, and Russian students could take courses in 18 disciplines in English. These courses are taught not only by American (as it was in the first years of the program), but also by Russian professors. In 2008, 5 courses as part of the Study Abroad program were delivered by Russian professors.
The program “Study Abroad” also allows students and staff of VolgGASU to undergo training or internship in the United States. Every year, 1-2 VolgGASU students study at the University of Michigan at the expense of the host.
McMaster University, Hamilton (Canada)
In the 2006/2007 academic year, a cooperation agreement was signed between VolgGASU and McMaster University. The purpose of the contract is to develop academic, scientific and cultural cooperation with the provision of the opportunity for teachers, students, as well as employees of academic and industrial organizations to take a training course on curricula agreed by both parties. Currently, curricula are being prepared in accordance with the educational standards of the Russian and Canadian parties.
At the same time, VolgGASU teachers are preparing work programs and lecture courses for individual disciplines in English and testing them as part of the Summer Study Abroad program on the basis of VolgGASU.
Technical University of Berlin (Germany)
Collaboration with the Technical University of Berlin is developing in the field of building informatics. Joint seminars on computational mechanics, computational management and computational geometry are held. Master's programs at Computational Civil Engineering are being developed.
Higher Professional School of Cologne
The Higher Vocational School of Cologne has been a partner university of VolgGASU since 1991. This year, a cooperation agreement was signed and work began on the creation of a German-language educational project (NSAE) in the field of Construction. Classes at the NSAE began in the 1994/95 school year. The project is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The content of academic disciplines and the mechanisms of the educational process are based on a joint curriculum approved by the agreement. The training is carried out in two specialties: "Roads" and "Industrial and civil construction."
Every year, German associate professors conduct an intensive German language course for freshmen in Volgograd. In addition to German classes, professors from Germany give lectures for Russian students and conduct seminars in special disciplines. Recent students have the opportunity to take an intensive German language course and pass the DSH exam in Volgograd, conducted by German associate professors. Based on the results of this exam and taking into account general academic performance, students are selected who can continue their studies at a partner university in Cologne and, in parallel with a Russian diploma, also receive a German diploma. In the period from November 2015 to January 2016, the reorganization of the university was carried out in the form of its association with VolgSTU into the first regional technical support university.
Faculty of Architecture and Urban Development
The mission is the training of highly qualified personnel for the architectural and design complex and the economy and management in the field of construction.
The goal is the integration, formation and successful implementation of scientific, methodological, research, creative and practical potential, the formation, taking into account trends and prospects for the development of society, corresponding to the level of leading universities in Russia and abroad, meeting the expectations of students, professional communities and employers; ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
Dean - Nazarova Marina Petrovna, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor.
The structure of FAGR includes three scientific schools of IAIS VolgSTU:
- “Economics and national economy management (“ Comparative investology ”). Head: D.E. n., prof. Belyaev M.K.
- "Man as an object of socio-philosophical analysis." Head: d. F. n., prof. Navrotsky B.A.
- "Problems of the theory and history of art, architecture and design." Head: Dr. Arch., Prof. Ptichnikova G.A.
The faculty includes the following departments:
- Architecture of buildings and structures;
- Design and monumental decorative art;
- Landscape architecture and professional communications;
- Linguistics and intercultural communications;
- Management and development of urban economy and construction;
- Urban studies and theories of architecture;
- Physical education;
- Philosophy, Sociology and Psychology;
- Economic theory, history and law;
- Economics and project management in construction.
Faculty of Construction, Housing and Public Utilities
Dean - Vladimir Polyakov, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Honored Builder of the Russian Federation
The faculty includes the following departments:
- Hydrotechnical and earthworks;
- Oil and gas facilities;
- Mathematics and Information Technology;
- Construction mechanics;
- Building structures, foundations and reliability of structures;
- Resistance of materials;
- Building materials and special technologies;
- Building Technologies;
- Ecological construction and urban economy;
- Expertise and operation of real estate.
Faculty of Transport, Engineering Systems and Technosphere Safety
Dean - Menzelintseva Nadezhda Vasilievna, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor
The faculty includes the following departments:
- Life safety in the technosphere;
- Water supply and sanitation;
- Researches and design of transport facilities;
- Engineering graphics, standardization and metrology;
- General and applied chemistry;
- Fire safety and emergency protection;
- Construction and operation of transport facilities;
- Heat and gas supply and ventilation;
- Power supply and heat engineering;
- Economics and road management.
Since January 2008, a popular science magazine on architecture, design, art and construction of the region has been published at the university. Project 34
- The official site of VolgGASU in Russian (Russian) , English (English) and German (German) languages
- Official site Volga Institute of Construction and Technology
- Official site of the Sebryakovsky branch of VolgGASU