Chernivtsi Regional Philharmonic Society ( Ukrainian: Chernіvetska oblas philharmonic society ) is part of the network of state philharmonic societies of Ukraine .
The building of the Philharmonic was built in 1876 - 1877 . as a concert hall of the Chernivtsi Musical Society (the official name is “Union for the Promotion of Musical Art in Bukovina”), through voluntary donations (currently recognized as an architectural monument).
In 1940 , the Chernivtsi Regional Philharmonic Society was established as such. The organ and chamber music hall was opened on August 18, 1992, on the occasion of the celebration of the anniversary of Ukrainian independence.
Among the outstanding musicians who performed in this hall are Solomiya Krushelnitskaya , Fyodor Chaliapin , Nikolai Lysenko .
The Philharmonic Society consists of musicians and musical groups of academic and folk music. In 1944 , the Bukovinian Song and Dance Ensemble of Ukraine was founded, since 1975 the Chamber Orchestra has been operating, which won three years later the title of laureate at the Republican Chamber Ensemble Competition in Kiev. In 1992 , the Symphony Orchestra of the Chernivtsi Philharmonic was founded; in 1993 , the Chamber Choir. The Philharmonic has become the starting point for the activities of artists such as Jan Tabachnik , Sofia Rotaru , Misha Marmar and many others.
As of 2008, the director of the philharmonic was Peter Ivanovich Kazimirchuk, the artistic director was Ostap Vasilievich Savchuk.
58000 Chernivtsi, pl. Philharmonic, 10