Ursoaia ( Mold. Ursoaia ) - a village in the Causeni district of Moldova . Refers to villages that do not form a commune  .
|Mayor||Elena Marzhinyan |
( Mold. Elena Marjinean )
|History and Geography|
|Height||59  m|
|Timezone||UTC + 2 , in summer UTC + 3|
|Population||2612  people ( 2004 )|
|Telephone code||+373 (243) x-xx-xx|
|Car code||MD CS|
|CUATM Code||2736000 |
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 population
- 4 Intercession Church
- 5 notes
The first documentary reference dates back to 1767 . The village is located in the valley of Ursoaia ( Mold. Ursoaia - the bear), from which it took its name  .
During the Ottoman rule, Ursoaia was part of the Bendery Raya . On the territory of the village was a Turkish mosque, later transformed into an Orthodox church  .
Later, the history of the village was closely connected with the history of the Novo-Nyametsky monastery located near Bender , better known as the Kitskansky monastery .
Ursoaya village is located about 7 km northeast of the city of Causeni . The nearest settlement is the village of Tanatary . 3 km south of the village of Ursoaya is the Kaushany railway station.
The height of the village is 59 meters above sea level  .
According to the 2004 census , 2612 people live in the village of Ursoaya (1259 men, 1353 women)  .
The ethnic composition of the village  :
|Nationality||Number of inhabitants||Percentage composition|
|Total||2612||one hundred %|
Church of the Intercession
The Church of the Intercession was transformed from a Turkish mosque after the accession of Bessarabia to the Russian Empire .
On October 12, 1808, the priest of the village, Marko Popovsky, wrote to Exarch Gabriel  :
Since there is a need to build a church in the village of Ursoae, Bender County, and since there is Turkish jam in the village, I dared to introduce Your Grace so that, in view of the very great difficulties experienced by the people because of the lack of a church, or the blessing of Your Grace was given sanctify this jam, - especially since people undertook to arrange for themselves everything that was needed inside the church, or, in view of the fact that a few logs had already been taken to build a church, a blessing would be given to build a new one - Yours The comity will have a remembrance.
Having nothing against it, the exarch contacted Senator S. S. Kushnikov, presiding in the sofas of Moldova and Wallachia, with a request to provide assistance. The senator also reacted to the idea with sympathy, issuing an order to Divan Moldavia "so that the construction of the mosque would be provided for the order of the local spiritual administration explained in full and unhindered in relation to perestroika."
After approval from above, Archpriest Stefan (Shamraevsky) was ordered to lay a church in the name of the Protection of the Holy Virgin on the site of the "remembered mosque"   .
- Ursaoy . earthtools.org . - Altitude according to SRTM .
- National Bureau of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova . Population by type of locality, settlements and sex, in a territorial context ( .Xls ). The official website of the National Bureau of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova . - The results of the 2004 census of Moldova . Date of treatment October 27, 2012. (148 KB)
- Postal codes of the Republic of Moldova (mold.) (Neopr.) ? . Official website of “ Poşta Moldovei ”. Date of treatment October 27, 2012.
- National Bureau of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova . Clasificatorul unităţilor administrativ-teritoriale (CUATM) . The official website of the National Bureau of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova . - Classifier of administrative-territorial units of the Republic of Moldova (CUATM). Date of treatment May 22, 2017.
- Law No. 764 of December 27, 2001 on the administrative-territorial structure of the Republic of Moldova . State Register of Legal Acts of the Republic of Moldova . Date of treatment July 2, 2013.
- Ursoay, district of Căuşeni . Website www.moldovenii.md. Date of treatment November 25, 2014.
- I.N. Khalippa . Mosques converted into churches within Bessarabia (1808–13) // Transactions of the Bessarabian Provincial Scientific Archival Commission . - Chisinau: Tipo-lithography of E. Shliomovich, 1900. - T. 1. - P. 89. - 438 p. Archived March 4, 2016 on Wayback Machine
- National Bureau of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova . Population by nationality and population, in the territorial context ( .Xls ). The official website of the National Bureau of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova . - The results of the 2004 census of Moldova . Date of treatment October 27, 2012. (302 KB)
- Photo of the Orthodox Church in the village of Ursoaya