“ Impossible Creatures ” (from the English - “Incredible creatures”) is a real-time strategy from the developer Relic Entertainment in collaboration with Microsoft Game Studios . The main feature of the game is that all armies are created personally by the player. These armies consist of nine creatures: each is a combination of any two animals out of 76 (51 without addition ), providing the player with 127,392 possible combinations as a whole. Many of the animals have innate abilities that add more strategic capabilities to the game.
American game cover
|Publisher||Microsoft Game Studios |
|Date of issue|| 2002 |
March 16, 2006
|Genre||Real time strategy|
|ESRB : T -Teens|
|Game modes||single-user , multi-user|
|Windows 98/2000 / ME / XP , 128 MB RAM|
(38 reviews) 
(30 reviews) 
|Foreign language editions|
|CVG||6.5 / 10 |
|Game revolution||B |
|Gamespot||7.9 / 10 |
|Absolute games||70% |
|gambling addiction||8.0 / 10 |
|Game country||7.0 / 10 |
Relic later released a free add-on called Insect Invasion, which adds new creatures and abilities to the game. The last official addition for the game came out in 2004, after which Relic announced that it had no plans to release a sequel for Impossible Creatures.
- 1 Review
- 1.1 Campaign
- 1.2 Multi-user mode
- 2 Story
- 3 notes
- 4 References
This mode consists of 15 related missions that take place on the islands of the South Pacific Islands known as Isla Veritas. Many islands have completely different climatic conditions (jungle, deserts, snow-covered plains), despite the fact that all are in the same part of the world. The main character of the game, Rex Chance, has to collect DNA in a campaign to add more types of animals to his army of creatures.
There are three types of multiplayer games in the game: destroy the enemy laboratory (main building), destroy all enemy buildings and kill the enemy Rex Chance (Chance) (each gets one).
Dr. Eric Chaynikov was one of the greatest scientists in history. After a failed experiment robs him of his wife, he goes into exile on a remote island archipelago. From there, he announces the creation of Sigma technology, allowing him to create new creatures from two ordinary animals. The world community does not pay any attention to Chaynikov, whom everyone considers crazy.
In 1937, Dummies sent a letter to his son Rex, begging him to visit his father. Rex Chance, a former war journalist, sets off for the archipelago. There he learns that his father was killed by the main antagonist of the game - Upton Julius - and vows to take revenge on the killer. In this he is assisted by the assistant of the deceased, Dr. Lucy Willing. With her help, Rex quickly understands how Sigma works and learns about the past of his family. Spending more and more time near Sigma, he realizes that latent abilities awaken in him. These abilities essentially make him a superman, allowing him to help his creatures in battle.
The progress of Lucy and Rex is hindered by Julius' loyal assistants: Whitney Houten, a whaler with slow but powerful creatures, Velika La Pete, an aristocratic ornithologist whose army consists mainly of flying creatures, and Dr. Otis Ganglion, a crazy veterinarian scientist whose creatures can be safely called hellish offspring.
At the end of the game, the main characters manage to destroy Julius and his minions. But then the reason for Rex's latent abilities is revealed - it is a random primary result of experiments with Sigma, a person with the DNA of thousands of animals. The final screen saver (a hug scene with Lucy) shows that Rex's eyes have no pupils , which also happens with creatures created by Sigma.
- Impossible Creatures Review for PC . 1UP.com . Date of treatment September 16, 2012. Archived September 16, 2012.
- TJ Deci. Impossible Creatures - Review . Allgame . Date of treatment September 16, 2012. Archived November 15, 2014.
- Keith Pullin. PC Review: Impossible Creatures PC Zone Magazine . ComputerAndVideoGames (March 1, 2003). Date of treatment September 17, 2012. Archived September 17, 2012.
- Rob Fahey. Impossible Creatures Review • Reviews • PC . Eurogamer (February 25, 2003). Date of treatment September 21, 2012. Archived September 21, 2012.
- Ben_Silverman. Impossible Creatures Review . GameRevolution (January 1, 2003). Date of treatment September 21, 2012. Archived September 21, 2012.
- Greg Kasavin. Impossible Creatures Review . GameSpot (January 9, 2003). Date of treatment September 21, 2012. Archived September 21, 2012.
- Rostislav Panchuk. Genetics for Dummies // Home PC: Journal. - 2003. - No. 3 . - S. 104-105 .
- Nomad. Impossible Creatures - review and review of the game . Absolute Games (January 23, 2003). Date of treatment September 21, 2012. Archived September 21, 2012.
- Impossible Creatures on PC. Dossier of the game. 1 article. 10 screenshots. 2 videos. . Games Country . gameland.ru. Date of treatment September 21, 2012. Archived September 21, 2012.
- Timur Horev. Verdict: wait! > Impossible Creatures . Gambling (April 7, 2003). Date of treatment September 21, 2012. Archived September 21, 2012.
- Impossible Creatures for PC . GameRankings Date of treatment September 21, 2012. Archived September 21, 2012.
- Impossible Creatures for PC Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More . Metacritic . Date of treatment September 21, 2012. Archived September 21, 2012.
- Impossible Creatures for Windows (2003 ) . MobyGames Date of treatment September 21, 2012. Archived September 21, 2012.
- Impossible Creatures Review . TopTenREVIEWS . Date of treatment September 21, 2012. Archived September 21, 2012.