“Nearly Dark” ( Eng. Near Dark ) is an American movie in the genre of the mystical thriller of 1987 directed by  and co-written by Catherine Bigelow .  The film acquired cult status. 
|Almost total darkness|
|Producer||Stephen Charles Jaffe|
|Eric Red |
|In the main|
|Lance henriksen |
Around the expanses of America travels a group of vampires in a van. They travel all over the country, killing people. In one of the villages, a young vampire May bites a young man and falls in love with him. Therefore, he is left alive and turned into a vampire. Under the law of vampires, a convert must certainly bite someone in order to prove that he is worthy to become a member of the vampire community. However, the young man refuses, which causes discontent among the elders of the vampires, as a result of which May is forced to defend him.
- Adrian Pasdar - Kyleb Colton
- Jenny Wright - May
- Lance Henriksen - Jess Hooker , Head of the Vampire Clan
- Bill Paxton - Severen , Vampire
- Janett Goldsteen - Diamondback , the Vampire
- Tim Thomerson - Loy Colton , Keyleb's father
- Joshua John Miller - Homer , Vampire Child
- Marcy Leeds - Sarah Colton , Kyleb's Sister
- When Kyleb wanders around the city, one can notice that in the local cinema the film Aliens (1986) is shown, where Bill Paxton, Lance Henriksen and Janet Goldstein also played.
- Michael Bien rejected the offer to shoot in the film, because he did not like the script.
- Johnny Depp was auditioned for the role of Caleb.
The music for the film was created by Tangerine Dream .