"The Pearl of the Nile" ( Eng. The Jewel of the Nile ) - the film , which is a continuation of the movie Roman with a stone .
|The jewel of the nile|
|Producer||Michael douglas |
|Mark Rosenthal |
|In the main|
|Kathleen Turner |
|Operator||Jan de Bont|
|Film company||20th Century Fox|
|Previous movie||Romance with stone|
The heroes of the previous part, Jack Colton ( Michael Douglas ) and Joan Wilder ( Kathleen Turner ) live a quiet, measured life on a yacht. But the adventurous characters of both do not allow them to enjoy idleness for a long time. To have fun, Joan accepts an offer from an Arab sheikh to visit his eastern residence and write his biography. But a kind invitation turns into kidnapping Joan, and the sheikh’s men blow up Jack’s boat.
They find themselves embroiled in an adventure - stolen "Al-Jahar" ("Pearl of the Nile"). Jack goes to rescue Joan. Behind him is tied to the rogue Ralph ( Danny De Vito ), who wants to earn some money on it.
- Kathleen Turner - Joan Wilder
- Michael Douglas - Jack Colton / Jack Colton
- Danny DeVito - Ralph / Ralph
- Spiros Focas - Omar / Omar
- Two weeks after starting work on the film, scenery designer Richard Docking and production manager Brian Coates crashed in a plane crash during a flight over Morocco, where they were looking for places suitable for filming.
- Kathleen Turner tried to refuse to participate in the film, despite the contract. Studio Twentieth Century Fox threatened her with a suit of $ 25 million if she abandons the project.
- The local residents of Arak, Barak, Karak, Sarak and Taraka were played by the members of the Flying Brothers Karamazov juggler troupe.