The Soldier is a 1982 action movie .
|In the main|
|Ken Wall  |
Terrorists have captured the atomic bomb and are threatening to detonate it in an oil field in Saudi Arabia if Israel does not withdraw its settlements from the West Bank . A bomb explosion will destroy 50% of the oil reserves in the Middle East, which will cause an oil crisis. There is a suspicion that the KGB is behind this threat. The American president is considering the possibility of a war with Israel in order to save the world from the oil crisis.
A CIA agent with the operational nickname Soldier ( Ken Wall ) is entrusted with the important task of stopping the terrorists. He contacts the CIA director at the US Consulate in West Berlin, but the CIA director was killed at the time of the conversation. After a failed conversation, the "Soldier" escapes from the US Consulate, and goes to the Israeli Consulate. The "Soldier" and his team begin cooperation with Israeli intelligence Mossad , represented by the head of covert operations Susan Goodman ( Alberta Watson ).
Given the threats from the KGB and the possible destruction of a large part of the world's oil reserves, Mossad decides to give a military response in order to prevent a bomb explosion in Saudi Arabia. The "Soldier" team captures the missile launcher in the Smith Center, in Kansas , and gets the opportunity to launch a rocket. At the same time, the “Soldier” and Susan Goodman jump in a car through the Berlin Wall and find themselves in East Berlin. Having met there with the KGB resident Ivan (Jeremy Sullivan) they declare: if their atomic bomb in Saudi Arabia is detonated, his team in the Smith Center will launch a missile with a nuclear warhead in Moscow. This ultimatum forces the KGB to abandon the bombing in Saudi Arabia and dismantle it.
- Ken Wall - Soldier.
- Alberta Watson - Susan Goodman, Mossad resident.
- Jeremy Sullivan is a resident of the KGB Ivan.
- Klaus Kinski is an agent of the KGB Dracha.
- William Prince - President.
- Ron Harper is the director of the CIA.
- Joaquim di Almeida is a soldier from the Soldier detachment.
- Peter Houten is a soldier from the Soldier Detachment.
- Steve James is a soldier from the Soldier squad.
- Alexander Spencer is a soldier from the Soldier detachment.
- In the training scene where the "Soldier" releases the hostages, the streets of the city and the poster with the movie The Exterminator are shown. This is a reference to the previous movie by James Glickenhaus "The Avenger ".
- At the end of the film, views of Manhattan and statues of liberty are shown. This again is a reference to the film "Avenger" - at the end of the film these same frames are shown.
- Canby, Vincent . New York Times: The Soldier , NY Times (September 3, 1982). Date of treatment October 26, 2008.
- "Soldier" on the Internet Movie Database