The Valachi Papers , or The Valachi Memoirs , is a detective film by Terence Young , filmed in 1972 . It is based on a book by Peter Mas that tells the story of Joe Valachi , the first member of the Mafia who openly acknowledged its existence in the 1960s .
|The valachi papers|
|Producer||Dino De Laurentis|
|In the main|
|Charles Bronson |
|Film company||Columbia pictures|
|A country|| Italy |
The film takes place in Atlanta , where the aging prisoner Joseph Valachi is serving a term for smuggling heroin . One of the mafia bosses Vito Genovese is in the same cell. Genovese is sure that Valachi is a double agent , so he gives him the “kiss of death”.
- Charles Bronson - Joe Valachi
- Guido Leontini - Tony Bender
- Lino Ventura - Vito Genovese
- Joseph Wiseman - Salvatore Maranzano
- Fausto Tozzi - Albert Anastasia
- Angelo Infanti - Lucky Luciano
- Alessandro Sperley - Joe Masseria
- The television series " Clan Soprano " - in one of the series (season 5, episode 11) appears the book of Mas .
- " Valachi Papers ” on the Internet Movie Database