Vasiliy Ivanovich Chuikov ( January 19 [ January 31 ] 1900 , the village of Serebryanye Prudy , Venevsky Uyezd, Tula province, Russian Empire - March 18, 1982 , Moscow , the RSFSR , USSR ) - Soviet military leader . Marshal of the Soviet Union ( 1955 ). Twice Hero of the Soviet Union ( 1944 , 1945 ).
|Vasily Ivanovich Chuykov|
|Nickname||General Sturm  |
|Date of Birth||January 19 (January 31 ) 1900|
|Place of Birth||Serebryanye Prudy village, Venevsky district , Tula province , Russia , |
(now - Moscow region )
|Date of death||March 18, 1982 (82 years old)|
|Place of death||Moscow , RSFSR , USSR|
|Affiliation|| Russian Empire →|
|Type of army|
|Years of service||1918 - 1982|
Marshal of the Soviet Union
|Commanded||9th army ; |
4th army ;
64th army ;
62nd army ;
8th Guards Army ;
Group of Soviet troops in Germany ; SWAG ; CCM ;
Kiev Military District ;
Ground Forces of the USSR ;
Civil Defense Forces of the USSR .
|Battles / wars|
|Awards and prizes|
Commander-in-Chief of the Group of Soviet Forces in Germany ( 1949 - 1953 ), Commander of the Kiev Military District ( 1953 - 1960 ), Commander-in-Chief of the Ground Forces of the USSR , Deputy Minister of Defense of the USSR ( 1960 - 1964 ), Head of Civil Defense Forces of the USSR ( 1961 - 1972 ). Member of the Central Committee of the CPSU ( 1961 - 1982 ).
From 1942 to 1946 - commander of the 62nd Army ( 8th Guards Army ), which was especially distinguished in the Battle of Stalingrad .
Born on February 12, 1900 in a large peasant family (there were 8 brothers (Peter, Andrey, Ivan, Ilya, Fedor) and 4 sisters) in the village (now the village) of Serebryanye Prudy , Tula province (now the Moscow region ). Russian  . Father - Ivan Ionovich Chuykov (03.03.1865 - 06/27/1958), Orthodox confession, peasant of the village of Serebryanye Prudy. Mother - Elizaveta Fyodorovna Chuykova (nee Karjakina, September 5, 1865 - March 29, 1958), Orthodox confession, peasant of the village of Shirobokovo.
He graduated from four classes of a parish school (1907-1911) and at age 12 went to work in Petrograd, became a student in a spur workshop. In 1917, he served as the youngest member of a miner detachment in Kronstadt  . Member of the RCP (b) since 1919 .
Wife - Chuikova Valentina Petrovna (1907-1984). Son - Chuikov Alexander Vasilievich, sculptor (1946-2012), Daughters - Chuikova (married Tymoshenko) Ninel Vasilievna (born 1928) and Chuikova Irina Vasilievna (born 1940). Grandchildren - Semyon Konstantinovich Timoshenko-Chuikov, Vasily Konstantinovich Timoshenko-Chuikov, Nikolai Vladimirovich Chuikov, Chuikova Ekaterina Alexandrovna (1976 gr), Chuikova Daria Alexandrovna (1982 gr). Great-grandchildren: Chuikova Alexandra Evgenievna (2002 gr), Chuikov Klim Timurovich (2007 gr).
In April of the Red Army in April 1918 , a cadet of the First Moscow Military Instructor Courses  , in July 1918 he participated in the suppression of the rebellion of the Left Socialist Revolutionaries in Moscow . During the civil war, assistant commander of a rifle company , since November 1918 - assistant commander of a rifle regiment . May 4, 1919 accepted into the party of the Bolsheviks. In May 1919, the nineteen- year- old Chuikov replaced the wounded commander on the battlefield and from that day until the end of 1921 he commanded the 43rd regiment of the 5th Infantry Division (until 1919 the 40th regiment of the 28th Infantry Division of the 2nd Army). He fought on the Southern , Eastern and Western fronts, was awarded two Orders of the Red Banner, nominal gold watches and gold weapons.
During the Civil War, Vasily Chuikov was wounded 4 times: in May 1919 on the Eastern Front near Elabuga (Murzikha village) - a wound in the arm; in July 1919 on the Eastern Front near the village of Muslyumovo (now in the Kunashaksky district of the Chelyabinsk region )  - a wound in the leg; in May 1920, on the Western Front near Lepel - a wound in the leg; in September 1920, on the Western Front near the city of Ostrov , a wound was blown by a explosive bullet in the shoulder.
Before World War II
From July 1921 to January 1922 - the head of the combat unit No. 4, the head of the garrison of the city of Velizh of the Smolensk province , from January 1922 he was again the commander of the regiment.
In 1925 he graduated from the Military Academy of the Red Army named after M.V. Frunze , in 1927 - the Oriental Department of the named Academy  .
In 1925 he met in his native Silver Ponds, where he came on vacation, Valentina Pavlova, who becomes his wife in 1926 and with whom she will live her whole life.
Since November 1927, he was an assistant to the head of the department at the headquarters of the Moscow Military District .
Since July 1927 - military adviser in China. Since September 1929, he was the chief of staff of the Special Red Banner Far Eastern Army V.K. Blucher . Since August 1932 - head of the Advanced Training Courses for intelligence personnel.
He graduated from academic courses at the Military Academy of Mechanization and Motorization of the Worker-Peasant Red Army named after I.V. Stalin in 1936 . From December 1936, he was the commander of a mechanized brigade ( military unit Kiselevichi (Bobruisk)), from April 1938 , he was the commander of the 5th Rifle Corps , and from June 1938, he was the commander of the Bobruisk Army Group in the Belorussian Military District . In September 1939, the army group was transformed into the 4th army and Chuikov, at the head of it, participated in the Polish campaign of the Red Army .
On October 7, 1938, he was approved as a member of the Military Council under the People's Commissar of Defense of the USSR  .
In December 1939 he was seconded to the post of commander of the 9th Army , who fought in the Soviet-Finnish War of 1939-1940 in northern Karelia . Replaced M.P. Dukhanov , who was removed in connection with the outlined defeat in the battle of Suomussalmi , as a result of which three Finnish regiments surrounded and defeated two RKKA infantry divisions.
From March to December 1940 - again commander of the 4th Army of the Western Special Military District .
From December 1940 to 1942 V. I. Chuykov held the post of military attache in China and chief military adviser  of the commander-in-chief of the Chinese army, Chiang Kai-shek . At this time, China waged war against the Japanese aggressors, who were able to capture the central regions of the country, Manchuria and a number of Chinese cities. During this period, a number of military operations were carried out against the Japanese army. At the same time, Chuikov faced the most difficult task - it was necessary to maintain a united front in the country in the fight against the Japanese, at a time when fighting was taking place in China between the forces of the Chinese Communist Party ( Mao Zedong ) and the Kuomintang ( Chiang Kai-shek ) Civil War. Thanks to V.I. Chuikov, it was possible in such a difficult military-political situation to turn the tide in China, where a powerful front began to be created that defended the Soviet Far Eastern frontiers from Japanese aggression.
With the beginning of World War II, he repeatedly turned to the command with a report in which he asked to withdraw him from China and send him to the front, to the army.
On the fronts of World War II
From China he was sent to Tula , where an army was formed to be sent to Stalingrad. Since May 1942 - on the fronts of the Great Patriotic War , commander of the 1st reserve (from July - 64th ) army, and then the operational group of the 64th army. He took part in defensive battles on the distant approaches to Stalingrad .
Since September 12, 1942 - the commander of the 62nd Army . V.I. Chuikov got the task to defend Stalingrad at all costs. The front command believed that Lieutenant General Chuikov was characterized by such positive qualities as determination and firmness, courage and a great operational outlook, a high sense of responsibility and a sense of duty  . The army under the command of V.I. Chuikov became famous for the heroic six-month defense of Stalingrad in street battles in a completely destroyed city, fighting on isolated bridgeheads, on the banks of the wide Volga .
Towards the end of the defensive operation, army forces held the area north of the Stalingrad Tractor Plant, the Lower Village of the Barricades, separate workshops of the Krasny Oktyabr Plant, several blocks in the city center.
In Stalingrad V.I. Chuikov introduces close combat tactics. Soviet and German trenches are located at a throw distance of grenades. This complicates the work of German aviation and artillery, they are simply afraid to hit their own. Despite the fact that the superiority of Paulus in manpower is obvious, the Soviet troops constantly counterattack, and, mainly at night. This makes it possible to repulse the positions left by the day. For the Red Army, the battles in Stalingrad were the first serious battles in the city. The appearance of special assault groups is also associated with the name of V.I. Chuikov. They were the first to suddenly burst into homes, and used underground utilities for movement. The Germans did not understand when and, most importantly, where to wait for a counterattack. Later, this experiment was useful to V.I. Chuikov in the capture of Berlin. No wonder he was called the "general assault"  .
In the most critical periods of the defense of Stalingrad, his troops not only survived continuous battles, but also took an active part in the defeat of German troops at the final stage of the Battle of Stalingrad. The defense of Stalingrad lasted 180 days.
|V.I. Chuykov at the parade in Stalingrad. February 2, 1943 .|
For the unprecedented mass heroism and resilience of personnel in April 1943, the 62nd Army received the honorary guard name and became known as the 8th Guards Army . V. I. Chuikov himself for the defense of Stalingrad was presented to the title of Hero of the Soviet Union, but at the last moment the idea was changed, and he received the Order of Suvorov I degree  .
At the head of the 8th Guards Army V.I. Chuikov fought until the last day of the war. As part of the South-Western , Southern , 1st Belorussian fronts, the 8th Guards Army successfully operated in the Izyum-Barvenkovsky and Donbass operations, in the battle for the Dnieper , Nikopol-Krivorozhsky , Bereznegovato-Snegirevskaya , Odessa , Belorussian operations and at the final stage - in the Vistula-Oder and Berlin offensive operations.
At the final stage of the Belarusian operation, the forces of the 8th Guards Army captured and expanded the strategically important bridgehead on the Vistula ( Magnushevsky bridgehead ).
The troops holding the Magnushevsky bridgehead were especially hard. I must say bluntly that we managed to defend it largely because the defense was led by the commander of the 8th Guards Army Vasily Chuikov. He was there all the time, in hell itself.- Twice Hero of the Soviet Union Marshal of the Soviet Union K. Rokossovsky K. Soldier duty. War memoirs. - M .: Military Publishing House, 1968. S.290-291.
In the Vistula-Oder operation, the troops of the 8th Guards Army V.I. Chuikov participated in breaking through the deeply echeloned enemy defense, liberated the death camp Majdanek (near Lublin ), liberated the city of Lodz , stormed the fortress city of Poznan , captured the bridgehead on the left bank of the river Oder and two months fought for the retention and expansion of the bridgehead in the area of Kyustrin .
To destroy the garrison in Poznan, part of the forces of the 8th Guards, 69th Armies and the 1st Guards Tank Army remained. The capture of Poznan was entrusted personally to the commander of the 8th Guards Army, General V.I. Chuikov. At that time it was believed that no more than 20 thousand troops were surrounded there, but in reality there were more than 60 thousand ........- Four times Hero of the Soviet Union Marshal of the Soviet Union G. Zhukov. Memoirs and Reflections. 3rd edition. - M.: Publishing House of the Press News Agency, 1978. P.259.
In the Berlin operation, acting on the main line of the 1st Belorussian Front , the guardsmen V.I. Chuikov broke through the enemy’s strong defenses at the Zeelov Heights and successfully fought for the city of Berlin . The fighters of the 8th Guards Army, under the command of twice Hero of the Soviet Union, Colonel General V.I. Chuikov, having a wealth of experience in fighting in Stalingrad, skillfully fought street fights in Berlin too, defeating other troops in a short time and forcing them to capitulate Berlin garrison  . It was at the command post of V.I. Chuikov on May 2, 1945, the head of the Berlin garrison, General Weidling, signed the surrender of German troops and surrendered along with the remains of the garrison.
The army commander was awarded the title of Hero of the Soviet Union twice during the years of World War II - for outstanding successes in the liberation of the Right-Bank Ukraine and successes in the Wisla-Oder operation for the assault and capture of Poznan.
At the end of World War II, Chuikov continued to command until July 1946 the 8th Guards Army , which was stationed in Germany . At the same time is the head of the Soviet military administration in Thuringia .
Since July 1946 - Deputy, then First Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Group of Soviet Forces in Germany and Deputy Head of the Soviet Military Administration in Germany . From March 1949, the Commander-in-Chief of the Group of Soviet Forces in Germany , simultaneously, until October 1949, the Commander-in-Chief of the Soviet Military Administration in Germany (SVAG), which directly controlled the Soviet zone of occupation of Germany , and from October 1949, the Chairman of the Soviet Control Commission (CCM) which exercised control on the territory of the German Democratic Republic formed at the end of the Great Patriotic War.
In this position, he will play one of the key roles in resolving the Berlin crisis of 1948-1949 . In total, at the end of World War II, Chuikov served in various positions in Germany for eight years.
After Stalin's death in 1953, he was recalled from Germany to the internal military district - from May 26, 1953 to April 1960, Chuikov was the commander of the Kiev military district (thereby castling with A. A. Grechko , who becomes the Commander-in-Chief of the GSVG ).
Since 1960 - Commander-in-Chief of the Ground Forces of the USSR - Deputy Minister of Defense of the USSR. This is the highest position that Chuykov held over the years of his service. He was one of the organizers of Operation Anadyr for the secret delivery and deployment of army combat units and units armed with atomic weapons on the island of Cuba in 1962  .
Since August 1961, Chuikov was simultaneously the first chief of the newly created Civil Defense of the USSR.
He identified the main tasks of civil defense - a set of measures carried out in advance in peacetime, before the onset of hostilities. And the purpose of this complex is to protect the population and the national economy from enemy attacks by weapons of mass destruction. On his initiative, for the first time in the USSR, a university was created that trains civil defense specialists - the Moscow Military School of Civil Defense .
In June 1964, during the reform of the army carried out by N. S. Khrushchev , the liquidation of the High Command of the Ground Forces and the abolition of the post, Chuikov was relieved of his duties as Commander-in-Chief of the Ground Forces of the USSR . Remains in the post of head of the Civil Defense of the USSR until 1972.
Since 1952, Chuykov was a candidate member of the CPSU Central Committee . From 1961 until the end of his life, he was a member of the CPSU Central Committee . He was a deputy of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR from 1946 until the end of his life.
He was an honorary citizen of the city of Berlin (from May 8, 1965 to September 29, 1992). May 4, 1970 for special merits shown in the defense of the city and the defeat of German troops in the Battle of Stalingrad by the decision of the Volgograd City Council of Workers' Deputies, Vasily Ivanovich Chuikov was awarded the title " Honorary Citizen of the Hero City of Volgograd "  . In the post-war years, he lived in the village of military glory Trudovaya-Severnaya : according to the resolution of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR No. 1466 "On improving the living conditions of generals and officers of the Red Army" of June 21, 1945, local executive bodies were obligated by order of I. V. Stalin provide military personnel with plots for individual construction.
Retired since 1972.
|He who thinks of the past has in mind the future. He who thinks about the future does not have the right to forget the past. Having passed through the fire of many battles, I know the severity of the war and I do not want this fate to fall on the lot of peoples again.|
V.I. Chuikov. Memoirs  .
Since July 1972 - Inspector General of the Group of Inspectors General of the Ministry of Defense of the USSR .
Vasily Ivanovich led an active lifestyle — he was often in the army, in exercises (including in the GSVG and in the units of his native 8th Guards Army ), talked with youth, attended military schools and schools, and engaged in literary work. He wrote a number of memoirs about the Great Patriotic War. Until the last days of his life, he was chairman of the Council of Veterans of the 62nd Army ( 8th Guards Army ).
In July 1981, he wrote a letter to the Central Committee of the CPSU  :
|... Feeling the end of my life is approaching, I am fully conscious asking: after my death, bury the ashes on Mamaev Kurgan in Stalingrad, where my command post was organized by me on September 12, 1942. ... From that place you can hear the roar of the Volga waters, volleys of guns and the pain of the Stalingrad ruins, thousands of soldiers I commanded are buried there ...|
July 27, 1981. V. Chuykov.
Vasily Ivanovich Chuykov died on March 18, 1982 .
According to the will, he was buried in Volgograd on the Mamaev Kurgan at the foot of the Mother Motherland monument, next to the soldiers of his army who died in the Battle of Stalingrad  .
Chuykov is one of two in the history of Marshals of the Soviet Union buried outside of Moscow. The second - Petrov, Vasily Ivanovich - was buried at the Federal War Memorial Cemetery in Mytishchi.
- Colonel (1936)
- Kombrig (02.17.1938);
- divisional commander (07.23.1938);
- Comcor (02/09/1939);
- lieutenant general (06/04/1940);
- Colonel General (10.27.1943);
- Army General (11/12/1948);
- Marshal of the Soviet Union (03/11/1955).
Awards and honors
- Honorary citizen of the hero city of Volgograd .
- Honorary Citizen of Berlin (from May 8, 1965 to September 29, 1992).
- Honorary Citizen of Zaporozhye .
- Honorary Citizen of Ulan-Ude .
Opinions of Contemporaries
“The leadership of the troops is carried out skillfully and competently. Operational and tactical training is good. It knows how to rally subordinates around itself, mobilizing them for the firm performance of combat missions. Personally energetic, decisive, courageous and demanding general. Recently, Comrade Chuikov found manifestation of elements bordering on arrogance and neglect of the enemy, which led to complacency and loss of vigilance. But, having received strict instructions on this subject, comrade Chuikov resolutely overcomes these weaknesses. On the whole, Colonel General Chuykov is a fighting and decisively offensive commander who knows how to organize a modern breakthrough of the enemy’s defense and develop it to operational success. - Front commander, Army General Malinovsky . Member of the Military Council, Lieutenant General Zheltov . "- The combat characteristic of May 20, 1944.
“Comrade Chuykov is a comprehensively developed and cultural general. Under his command, the army went a glorious battle path from Stalingrad to Berlin, it won a number of serious victories on the river. North Donets, to liberate Zaporozhye, in battles to force the rivers Southern Bug, Vistula, Oder and went to the Elbe. In past battles, the army showed high organization, swiftness in the pursuit, perseverance in defense and courage in the assault on fortified positions. Comrade Chuikov in battles, regardless of the complexity of the combat situation, goes boldly to risky decisions. In battles, shows exceptional courage and courage. In difficult periods of battle, he was always in the most critical areas of the military operations of the army. Persistent, disciplined, initiative, energetic, demanding of himself and his subordinates, courageous and brave, in character firm, quick-tempered. He takes care of his subordinates. Among the personnel enjoys well-deserved authority and respect. Party of Lenin - Stalin and the Socialist Motherland betrayed. - Commander of the group of Soviet occupation forces in Germany, Marshal of the Soviet Union Zhukov . Member of the Military Council, Lieutenant General Telegin . "- Certification of 07.28.1945.
“From our first meeting on the Mamaev Kurgan, I believed that I was lucky enough to be the chief of staff in Stalingrad at such a commander who was alien to templates (in that situation, adherence to them could ruin everything), boldly bold in making decisions, possessing a truly iron will ... "Vasily Ivanovich belongs to people who express a good attitude towards a comrade, primarily by their actions, actions, and not words."- Marshal of the Soviet Union Krylov N.I. Volzhskaya stronghold.
“I met with Vasily Ivanovich Chuikov for the first time and immediately gained deep respect for him. As a teenager, I liked honest, bold, decisive people with a straightforward character. This is how Chuikov appeared to me. He was rude, but in war, especially in the conditions in which he had to be, it is perhaps difficult to be different. Only such as he could stand and hold in his hands this edge of the earth. The commander’s courage and dedication was a living example for his subordinates, and this largely contributed to the staunchness that the entire army personnel who fought in the city for the city showed.
This man made a strong impression on me, and from the very first day we met, we became friends with him. ”- Marshal of the Soviet Union K.K. Rokossovsky. Soldier duty. - M .: Military Publishing House, 1968, p. 170.
“The commander himself is the embodiment of energy. Before the start of the offensive, he rushes along the bridgehead in his all-terrain vehicle, and God forbid, if he notices the disorder: not to bother the neglect. Everyone is well aware of the exactingness, sometimes even the abrupt disposition of the commander. But behind the outward rudeness of V.I. Chuikov lies a love for a simple soldier, for his military craft. The General values the reputation of the army, and his exactingness, ardor is due primarily to the desire to fulfill the task as best as possible. "- Marshal of the armored forces M.E. Katukov. At the tip of the main blow. - M .: Military Publishing House, 1976, S. 341.
“At about noon, the commander of the 8th Guards Army, V. I. Chuykov, unexpectedly arrived. I have heard about Vasily Ivanovich, his courage, will, operational art since the time of Stalingrad, but fate brought us together for the first time ... Vasily Ivanovich asked me to tell you how the reflection of the enemy counterattack had just ended and examined the places of battles. Thanking a little, he was about to leave. I offered him protection - an armored personnel carrier. “I will interrupt this way,” he muttered displeasedly and sped off to the south. ”- Chief Marshal of the Armored Forces A. Kh. Babadzhanyan. Roads of victory. Literary record of Y. Sadovsky. 2nd edition, revised and amended. - M .: "Young Guard", 1975, S. 222.
Memorial House-Museum of Vasily Ivanovich Chuikov in the city of Serebryanye Prudy, Moscow Region  .
Monuments and plaques
- Tombstone on the grave of V.I. Chuikov in Volgograd , on Sorrow Square ( Mamaev Kurgan ).
- Monument in the city of Silver Ponds (author - sculptor Yevgeny Vuchetich ).
- Bust in the city of Silver Ponds (author - son of V.I. Chuykov, sculptor Alexander Chuykov).
- A bust to V. I. Chuikov was installed in the Heroes Park in the village of military glory, Trudovaya Severnaya (in the urban district of Mytishchi, Moscow Region)  .
- Monument in Volgograd on the embankment of the 62nd Army (author - son of V. I. Chuykov, sculptor Alexander Chuykov)  .
- Monument-bust on the territory of the Military Technical University under the Special Construction of Russia in the city of Balashikha , as the founder of the Moscow Military School of Civil Defense of the USSR.
- Monument in the park of the Dnieper district of Zaporozhye  .
- The bust of Vasily Chuikov on Platovsky Prospekt in Novocherkassk , where the headquarters of the 8th Guards Army is located, the successor led by V. Chuikov during the war years of the 62nd Army , was installed in 2017  .
- A plaque on the building of the Russian Emergencies Ministry in Moscow.
- A plaque in Moscow, at house 3 in Romanov Lane , where V.I. Chuikov lived from 1962 to 1982.
- A plaque in the city of Poznan (Poland) on the house where the headquarters of the 8th Guards Army was.
- Memorial sign in the village of Smorodino, Zaporizhzhya region of Ukraine  .
- The name of V.I. Chuikov is immortalized in the Hall of Fame of the Central Museum of the Great Patriotic War .
|Tombstone on the grave of V.I. Chuikov|
on the Mamaev Kurgan in Volgograd
on Chuikova street in Volgograd
in Poznan (Poland)
|Bust in Zaporozhye|
- The name of Vasily Ivanovich Chuikov is a number of streets in the settlements of Russia , Kazakhstan , Ukraine and Belarus : Moscow , Volgograd , Kazan , Chelyabinsk , Uralsk ( West Kazakhstan region ), Zaporozhye , Nikolaev ( Nikolaev region ), Odessa ( Odessa region )  , Gorlovka ( Donetsk region ), Lepel ( Vitebsk region ).
- The name in the city of Silver Ponds is named after Vasily Ivanovich Chuikov.
- Perm Military Institute of Missile Forces named after V.I. Chuykov (disbanded in 2003).
- Training Center for Civil Defense and Emergencies of the Nizhny Novgorod Region named after V. I. Chuykov  .
- School named after V.I. Chuikov in the village of Silver Ponds.
- School number 479 named after V. I. Chuykov in the city of Moscow  .
- In honor of the marshal, the asteroid (11793) Chuikovia was named (the name was approved in 2004).
- In 2012, in honor of the 80th anniversary of Russia's civil defense, a commemorative medal of the Russian Ministry of Emergencies was established Medal “Marshal Vasily Chuykov” .
- V.I. Chuikov is imprinted on postage stamps, envelopes and cards of the USSR, Russia and other countries.
- Tanker "Marshal Chuykov", which was part of the Navy fleet.
Aeroflot Boeing 777-300ER aircraft with tail number VQ-BFK
In Culture and Art
Memoirs of V.I. Chuikov
- Chuikov V.I. Youth was tempered in battles. - 3rd ed., Ext. - M .: Young Guard, 1978.
- Chuykov V.I. Mission in China . - M .: Military Publishing, 1983.
- Chuykov V.I. 180 days in the fire of battles. - M .: Publishing House of DOSAAF USSR, 1962.
- Chuikov V.I. - 2nd ed., Rev. and add. - M .: Military Publishing, 1962 .-- 400 p. (3rd ed., Rev. And add. - Volgograd, 1967).
- Chuykov, V.I. - M .: Soviet Russia , 1975 .-- 400 p.
- Chuykov V.I. In the battles for Ukraine. The guards of Stalingrad in the battles against the Nazi invaders for the liberation of Soviet Ukraine. - K .: Politizdat of Ukraine, 1972.
- Chuikov V.I. Guardsmen of Stalingrad go west. - M .: Soviet Russia, 1972. - 256 p.
- Chuikov V.I. From Stalingrad to Berlin . - M .: Military Publishing, 1980 .-- 672 p., 22 p. silt
- Chuikov V.I.The end of the Third Reich . - M .: Soviet Russia, 1973.
- Chuikov V.I. From Beijing to Berlin. 1927-1945. (Collection of all memories) - M. , Algorithm, 2015.
Participation in the creation of the monuments of the Battle of Stalingrad
|IN AND. Chuikov and sculptor E. Vuchetich .|
- V. I. Chuikov was the main military consultant of the memorial to the ensemble “To the Heroes of the Battle of Stalingrad” on the Mamaev Kurgan in Volgograd .
- Portrait features of V. I. Chuikov can be found in the sculpture “Stand to Death” on the Mamaev Kurgan in Volgograd  .
- V. I. Chuykov was a consultant to the artists of the Studio of military artists named after M. Grekov , who created the panorama "The rout of Nazi troops near Stalingrad . "
- The Victorious Stalingrad (1972).
- Documentary tetralogy "The soldiers of Stalingrad." Movie 1: "I'm from the 62nd." LLC “SouvenirFilm Studio” Director Shutov K. A.
- Documentary film “War of the Commanders. Chuykov vs. Paulus ”(2013).
- Legends of the army. Vasily Chuykov. GALA CONCERT LLC by the order of OJSC STC RF RF STAR (2016).
The image of V. I. Chuykov in the movie
- Feature film "The Battle of Stalingrad" , 1949. Director Vladimir Petrov . In the role of V.I. Chuikov - People's Artist of the USSR Nikolai Simonov .
- Feature film "The Fall of Berlin", 1949. Director Michael Chiaureli. In the role of V.I. Chuikov - People's Artist of the USSR Boris Tenin.
- Feature film "Labeled Atom" , 1972. In the opening shots of the film, V. I. Chuykov answers the question of journalists about the dangers of modern war.
- The epic "Liberation" , 1972. Director Yuri Ozerov . In the role of V.I. Chuikov - People's Artist of the USSR Ivan Pereverzev .
- Feature film " Stalingrad ", 1989. Director Yuri Ozerov . In the role of V.I. Chuikov - American actor Powers Booth .
- Art-documentary film "The Great Commander Georgy Zhukov", 1995. Director Yuri Ozerov . In the role of V.I. Chuikov - People's Artist of the USSR Ivan Pereverzev .
- Feature film "Bunker" , 2004. Director Oliver Hirschbigel . In the role of V.I. Chuikov - Honored Artist of the Russian Federation Alexander Slastin.
- The serial film "Zhukov" , 2012. Director Alexey Muradov . In the role of V.I. Chuikov - Igor Artashonov .
The Image of V.I. Chuikov in Painting
The image of V.I. Chuikov is captured in the works of Soviet artists:
- панорама «Разгром немецко-фашистских войск под Сталинградом» Студии военных художников имени М. Б. Грекова .
- В. И. Чуйков запечатлён на одной из картин, расположенных в Зале диорамы «Сталинградская битва. Соединение фронтов» Центрального музея Великой Отечественной войны .
- Портрет В. И. Чуйкова художника А. А. Горпенко .
- Картина художника И. Лукомского «Клятва на берегу Волги» .
Образ В. И. Чуйкова в поэзии
В. И. Чуйкову посвящено стихотворение «Гранитный генерал» волгоградского поэта Павла Великжанина   .
- Информационно-публицистический еженедельник «Истоки»: Информационно-публицистический еженедельник «Истоки» .
- Василий Иванович Чуйков — герой Сталинграда .
- Биография В. И. Чуйкова на сайте «Герои страны» .
- «Ташкент» — Ячейка стрелковая / [под общ. ed. А. А. Гречко ]. — М. : Военное изд-во М-ва обороны СССР , 1976. — С. 486. — ( Советская военная энциклопедия : [в 8 т.] ; 1976—1980, т. 8).
- Чуйков В.И. Ch. 17. Самые тяжёлые дни // От Сталинграда до Берлина. — М: Сов. Россия, 1985.
- Густерин П. В. Восточный факультет Военной академии РККА им. М. В. Фрунзе. — Саарбрюккен: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, 2014. — С. 51. — ISBN 978-3-659-37302-2 .
- Военный совет при народном комиссаре обороны СССР. 1938, 1940 гг., 2006 , с. sixteen.
- Чуянов Алексей Семёнович . На стремнине века. Записки секретаря обкома. — Книга. — Москва: Политиздат, 1976. — 288 с. - 100,000 copies.
- Сталинградская эпопея. М.: Наука, 1968. С. 136.
- Герой Сталинградской битвы генерал Чуйков хранил в партбилете молитву Архивировано 27 сентября 2013 года. .
- Герои Сталинградской битвы: окопный генерал Чуйков / Губернские Вести Архивировано 27 сентября 2013 года. .
- Последний маршал империи .
- Официальный информационно-справочный портал Волгограда — Герои .
- Маршал Чуйков Василий Иванович .
- С молитвой в партбилете и сердцем в Сталинграде. Путь маршала Чуйкова .
- Могилы знаменитостей. Чуйков Василий Иванович (1900—1982) .
- Дом-Музей В. И. Чуйкова — Серебряно Прудский район .
- Памятник Чуйкову в Волгограде — фото.
- Памятник Герою Советского Союза .
- В Новочеркасске появился памятник Василию Чуйкову . Издание «Новочеркасская неделя» (09.08.2017).
- Герой Советского Союза Желтов Алексей Сергеевич. «Герои страны» .
- Улица Чуйкова в Одессе. Odessit.ua, 09.04.2012
- ГОБУДО УМЦ по ГОЧС Нижегородской области имени Маршала Советского Союза В. И. Чуйкова .
- Положение о музейном комплексе «Боевой путь 62-8-й гвардейской ордена Ленина армии» государственного образовательного учреждения системы Департамента образования города Москвы (недоступная ссылка) .
- Скульптура «Стоять насмерть» — фото.
- Областная культурно-просветительская газета «Грани культуры». ЯНВАРЬ 2017 г. № 2 (162). С. 7
- Поэт Павел Великжанин: «НЕЛЬЗЯ ПИСАТЬ СТИХИ ТОЛЬКО О РОЗАХ И ЗВЕЗДАХ…»
- «Ташкент» — Ячейка стрелковая / [под общ. ed. A. A. Grechko ]. — М. : Военное изд-во М-ва обороны СССР , 1976. — 690 с. — ( Советская военная энциклопедия : [в 8 т.] ; 1976—1980, т. 8).
- Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary / Prev. ed. collegium I. N. Shkadov . - M .: Military Publishing , 1988. - T. 2 / Love - Yashchuk /. - 863 s. - 100,000 copies. - ISBN 5-203-00536-2 .
- The Great Patriotic War, 1941-1945 : Encyclopedia / Ed. M. M. Kozlova . - M .: Soviet Encyclopedia , 1985 .-- 832 p. - 500,000 copies.
- В. А. Егоршин «Фельдмаршалы и маршалы». M., 2000.
- Маршалы Советского Союза: личные дела рассказывают. М., 1996.
- Соловьев Д. Ю. Все генералы Сталина. — М., 2019. — ISBN: 9785532106444. — С.97—99.
- Сталинградская эпопея. М.: Наука, 1968.
- Коллектив составителей и редакторов. Военный совет при народном комиссаре обороны СССР. 1938, 1940 гг.: Документы и материалы.. — М. : РОССПЭН , 2006. — 336 с. - 1000 copies. — ISBN 5-8243-0694-X .
- Ларин М. Ю., Хватов А. В. Неизвестные войны России. - M .: LLC "House of Slavic Books", 2012. - 480 p.
- Якупов Н.М. ,. Весну принесли на знамёнах. — Одесса: «Маяк», 1984. — С. 91—96.
- Чуйков Вас. Ив.// Коллектив авторов. Editor-in-chief A.M. Prokhorov. Советский энциклопедический словарь.2-е издание.- М.:Советская энциклопедия,1983- С.1493.
- Чуйков Василий Иванович// Коллектив авторов. Chairman of the Main Editorial Commission N.V. Ogarkov . Военный энциклопедический словарь.- М.:Военное издательство,1983- С.812
- Чуйков Василий Иванович// Советская военная энциклопедия в 8 томах. — М.: Воениздат,1976-1980,том 8,С.486.
- Чуйков, Василий Иванович . Site " Heroes of the country ".
- Чуйков Василий Иванович , биография полководца.
- Чуйков Василий Иванович на сайте Министерства обороны Российской Федерации
- Маршал Чуйков на сайте «100 великих полководцев России» РВИО .
- Наградной лист в электронном банке документов « Подвиг народа ».
- Видео «Маршал Чуйков завещал похоронить себя в братской могиле» .
- Воспоминания и письма .
- Победа. Одна на всех: Маршал Чуйков .
- Чуйков Василий Иванович на сайте « Память народа 1941—1945»