“Jesus of Nazareth” is a television mini-series produced in Italy and Great Britain , directed by director Franco Zeffirelli on biblical themes.
|Jesus of Nazareth|
|Jesus of nazareth|
|Genre||drama , adaptation of bible plots|
|In the main|
|Robert Powell |
|Operator||Armando Nannuzzi |
|A country|| United Kingdom |
The film consists of four parts: three for 90 minutes and one for 105 minutes.
- 1 Description
- 2 Cast
- 3 notes
- 4 References
A screen version of the New Testament tales about the life of Jesus Christ, delivered by Franco Zeffirelli for English and Italian television commissioned by the Vatican .
Famous filmmakers were involved in the work on this epic - screenwriters Anthony Burgess and Suzo Checca D'Amico , cameramen Armando Nannuzzi and David Watkin , composer Maurice Jarre , artists Gianni Quaranta (sets) and Marcel Escoffier (costumes) and a serious cast.
Some experts (artists, historians and biblical scholars) recognize this particular film as the most complete and reliable adaptation of the New Testament.
- Robert Powell - Jesus
- Olivia Hassi - Virgin Mary
- Yorgo Voyagis - Joseph , husband of the Virgin Mary
- Peter Ustinov - Herod I the Great
- Christopher Plummer - Herod Antipas
- Anne Bancroft - Mary Magdalene
- James Mason - Joseph of Arimathea
- Ian McShane - Judas Iscariot
- Lawrence Olivier - Nicodemus
- Rod Steiger - Pontius Pilate
- Ernest Borgnine - Centurion
- Claudia Cardinale - The Unfaithful Wife You Wanted to Stone
- Valentina Cortese - Herodias
- James Farentino - The Apostle Peter
- Ian Hill - Zera
- James Earl Jones - Balthazar
- Stacy Keach - Barabbas
- Donald Pleasant - Cupronickel
- Anthony Quinn - Caiaphas
- Fernando Rey - Caspar
- Ralph Richardson - Simeon the God-Receiver
- Michael York - John the Baptist
- Mary Map - Martha and Mary
- Nikki Van Der Zil - Salome