Toporok - a village in the Okulovsky municipal district of the Novgorod region , belongs to the Kotovsky rural settlement .
|Subject of the federation||Novgorod region|
|History and Geography|
|Center height||75  m|
|Timezone||UTC + 3|
|Population||630  people ( 2010 )|
The village of Toporok is located at the confluence of the Peretny River and the Mstu River , on the left bank of the Msta.
The distance to the city of Okulovka is 17 km to the south-west or 20 km by road  . The center of the rural settlement - the village of Kotovo - is located 6 km to the south.
The first mention of the Hatchet is correlated with the mention of Toporkovo in 1495 in the scribe books of the Village Five . Since 1823, there has been an estate of the famous noble family Kvashninykh-Samarin . In the book "Overview of the landowners' estates of the Novgorod province" of 1916, the estate was described as follows:
Toporok - the name is located in Krestetsky district, Zaozersky volost, in the churchyard of Peretensky and belongs to the Chairman of the State Duma Mikhail Vladimirovich Rodzyankѣ, who passed on from his mother, cavalier lady Catherine Vladimirovna Rodzyanko, born on 18, 17 Kvenni; it also sequentially passed from Vladimir Ivanovich, Ivan Andreyevich and Andrey Nikitich Kvashninykh-Samarinykh.
The house, in its original building ѣ built in 1827, is wooden, to which numerous extensions were made in 1890, one-story, 14 rooms.
The official date for the emergence of the village is often considered to be 1893, when Mikhail Vladimirovich Rodzianko , chairman of the 3rd and 4th State Duma in the Russian Empire , organized the Toporok sawmill and woodworking plant here  .
In the village of Toporok, there is a railway bridge over Mstu and a railway station on the Okulovka – Nebolchi railway line , laid here in 1924-1926 to service mines in the working villages of Komarovo and Zarubino . In 1970, in the village of Toporok, a medical and labor dispensary was organized, now transformed into a correctional labor colony "Institution OYA-22/6."
The hatchet was the center of the Toporkovsky village council . In 2005 it became part of the Kotovsky rural settlement.
The permanent population of the village is 766 people  .
Railway station Toporok. Roads to Tereblyany 2nd and Okulovka via Kulotino .
- Federal State Institution KP-6 UFSIN of Russia in the Novgorod Region (metalworking, woodworking, sewing, food production).
- Workshop No. 5 (branch) of the St. Petersburg enterprise OOI “Ladoga” (Russian Society of Disabled People), produces chairs, the number of employees is about 200 people 
Currently, a settlement colony is operating in the village for persons who have committed crimes through negligence No. 6 of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia in the Novgorod Region.
The existence of the colony settlement began with the medical labor dispensary No. 1 of the OITU Department of Internal Affairs of the Novgorod Oblast Executive Committee. In 1970, it was decided to build. In cooperation with the Krasny Oktyabr factory, by the autumn of 1973, a metalworking workshop had been built and its own production started. Spare parts for mopeds and children's toys became the first products released. A little later, the site from the Volna plant earned. They produced boards for TVs: an incandescent assembly, a lamp panel. In 1994, a correctional labor colony-settlement No. 6 was placed on the basis of the LTP. Here, woodworking and production of wood products are established, there is a subsidiary farm, greenhouses  .
- ↑ Determination of latitude and longitude coordinates on the map
- ↑ 1 2 2010 All-Russian Population Census. 12. The population of municipal districts, settlements, urban and rural settlements of the Novgorod region . Date of treatment February 2, 2014. Archived February 2, 2014.
- ↑ 1 2 Site of the district administration
- ↑ 1 2 M. Vladimirov. THE ATTENTIONAL HEAD OF A TOPOK DOESN'T ACCEPT
- ↑ Colony settlement No. 6 . www.53.fsin.su. Date of treatment February 12, 2019.